What do you look for?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Megalicious

When you look into someone's eyes, you look into their soul. You can see what type of person that they are.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow. Im sorry to brust your bubble but that isnt possible. If I could count how many times someone has said they can see my "soul" or what type of person I am... just by staring at me ... honest if you looking for a woman .. she can make you see what ever it is you need to see .. thats what we do. Thats our trade. and its not a hidden agenda. Its clear to us .. we just dont always talk about ... lol :tongue:

Wow. Im sorry to brust your bubble but that isnt possible.  If I could count how many times someone has said they can see my "soul" or what type of person I am... just by staring at me ... honest if you looking for a woman .. she can make you see what ever it is you need to see .. thats what we do.  Thats our trade.  and its not a hidden agenda. Its clear to us .. we just dont always talk about ... lol  :tongue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heh, but what you women don't know is that us experienced men can read those looks like a book when the guy's trained his eye to notice those things. You don't HAVE to talk about it, you write it all over your face through hidden expressions or obvious ones, you just have too much emotion not to. =P

I agree with Meg. The eyes do give a lot away. Just study NLP and you can tell what type of thought somebody is thinking whether visual remembered, visual constructive, auditory remembered, auditory constructed, or kinesthetic. The also reveal a lot about the emotional state of an individual to an experienced viewer. However ...

Speaking as an actor, there are many methods of embracing a character. Stanislavski's ideas were developed into "Method Acting", Meisner has come up with some great ideas, and then there's Johnstone and plenty more. A good actor can almost literally reshape their soul into that of the character experiencing emotions that are very real even if it is just part of a script. These emotions can be so real in fact that after a scene (or even a workshop exercise) psychologists or other trained professionals have to be on hand to bring the actor down and back into reality. It's an amazing yet frightening phenominon. When an actor is on, you can look into their eyes and think you know their soul intimately, only to find out it was merely a character they're portraying.

So yes, the eyes do reveal a lot about a person, but if you're good at masking, you can even hide your soul.

Is sanity and intelligence asking for too much?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, because brilliance and madness have a fine line between them. Often times there is no distinction.

Of the two I'll take the intelligence. I can deal with the insanity as long as it compliments mine instead of contrasting it.

Edited by Spook

I agree with Meg.  The eyes do give a lot away.  Just study NLP and you can tell what type of thought somebody is thinking whether visual remembered, visual constructive, auditory remembered, auditory constructed, or kinesthetic.  The also reveal a lot about the emotional state of an individual to an experienced viewer.  However ...

Speaking as an actor, there are many methods of embracing a character.  Stanislavski's ideas were developed into "Method Acting", Meisner has come up with some great ideas, and then there's Johnstone and plenty more.  A good actor can almost literally reshape their soul into that of the character experiencing emotions that are very real even if it is just part of a script.  These emotions can be so real in fact that after a scene (or even a workshop exercise) psychologists or other trained professionals have to be on hand to bring the actor down and back into reality.  It's an amazing yet frightening phenominon.  When an actor is on, you can look into their eyes and think you know their soul intimately, only to find out it was merely a character they're portraying.

So yes, the eyes do reveal a lot about a person, but if you're good at masking, you can even hide your soul.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spook is right.

If not, players, golddiggers and serial killers couldn't deceive so many intelligent people.

To believe otherwise makes you vulnerable. Once you've been burned a few times you learn it's better to withhold your trust for a long while.

It occurred to me - you know a lot about this subject Spook. You should write a book! Choosing a title is half the battle - how about "Players, Golddiggers and Serial Killers". :grin

Edited by Onyx

It occurred to me - you know a lot about this subject Spook.  You should write a book!  Choosing a title is half the battle - how about "Players, Golddiggers and Serial Killers".      :grin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll ghost write it for you. :laughing

Being single and having the worst luck ever with women, I have a lot of free time on my hands. I tend to read a LOT. "Neuro-Linguistic Programming for Dummies", "The New Encylopedia of Stage Hypnotism", Stanislavski's ABCs ("An Actor Prepares", "Building a Character", "Creating a Role"), "A Sense of Direction" ... plus my little sister and I both studied theater in college. I saw her embrace a role so fully she cried for 20 minutes after the scene was over while the directer just rubbed her back and talked her down, and that was just a workshop exercise.

Yeah, we actors are an emotional lot. So I guess that's another thing I look for in a gal, is one who can put up with my mood swings. FarrIL's seen them before, possibly even a severe one but I still don't think she's seen me at my worst. Heck, as emotional and moody as I can be, you'd think I was a woman. :wink

Hmm, no dear, in this case,

I think Spook wins.

Hmmm... Reading over that, the first thing that springs to mind is that there's a huge disconnect between what he's looking for and what kind of woman might be willing to commit to him. Which means, dear Scott ,(assuming you're reading this.) that it's time re-evaluate two aspects of your love life. 1. Why are you attracted to a particular kind of woman and 2. why does that sort of woman quickly reject you? The point being that either you're after the wrong kind of woman for you or you need to consider changes in yourself so that your more compatible. Or perhaps a combination of the two. Or niether...

If you've thought on this already.. pardon me if I'm stating the obvious.

Argh. I just have to say -- WTF?

Shade and Spook = way hot, intelligent and yummy. How could either of you be single for long?

I suppose pop psychology would say that maybe you two just aren't ready for anything long term and aren't attracting mates to yourself who want that.

My theory is - the universe is messed up, big time. :blink

Hmmm...  Reading over that, the first thing that springs to mind is that there's a huge disconnect between what he's looking for and what kind of woman might be willing to commit to him.  Which means, dear Scott ,(assuming you're reading this.) that it's time re-evaluate two aspects of your love life.  1. Why are you attracted to a particular kind of woman and 2. why does that sort of woman quickly reject you?  The point being that either you're after the wrong kind of woman for you or you need to consider changes in yourself so that your more compatible.  Or  perhaps a combination of the two.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good theory.

- edited to add: Oh now that is funny! I was posting this at the same time and said "good theory' too, hehe.

I still say the universe is messed up, big time. :tongue:

Apparently I look for people who don't want me.  At least that's all I ever seem to be attracted to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just going to post something to that effect, couldnt' figure out how to phrase it.

It doesn't really seem to me that I want what I can't have. I think it's just that when I have it, I want it so much I squeeze the life out of it and it runs away screaming! heh.

:fear

Edited by Onyx

Guest Megalicious

Argh.  I just have to say -- WTF? 

Shade and Spook = way hot, intelligent and yummy.  How could either of you be single for long?

I suppose pop psychology would say that maybe you two just aren't ready for anything long term and aren't attracting mates to yourself who want that. 

My theory is - the universe is messed up, big time.  :blink

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got one word for you "confidence" . We know they are way hot, intelligent, funny, wonderful people. However they lack confidence in themselfs, atleast thats what I gather from posts and personal encounters. You can't give that to someone no matter how much you tell them they are great, the desever to be happy, ect. ect. I just hope one day both of them can see what beautiful people they really are and glow with confidence.

Truth be told I would so hunt you down Chris if I was in a relationship Im happy with.

What can I say .. I have a soft spot for things that look pretty :innocent

Edited by Megalicious

If you've thought on this already.. pardon me if I'm stating the obvious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that's your job, dear Marc. :happy:

Argh.  I just have to say -- WTF? 

Shade and Spook = way hot, intelligent and yummy.  How could either of you be single for long?

My theory is - the universe is messed up, big time.  :blink

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I agree with Onyx ... 100%.

Edited by Rayne