• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL! Good one.

<threadjack>

Joke aside, if you read Genesis, it clearly says that God created man and woman and then, later, ran the Eden experiment. This shoots down the whole question of incest and where Cain found a wife in the story. I'm not a Bible thumper by any stretch of the imagination, but it does irk me when people smirk and try to poke fun at someone's beliefs when they obviously haven't read the material in question. Of course, a large number of Christians have not read the material in question, either. :dry:

</threadjack>

:respect::thumbsup::clap::wink:jamin

....as for the rest of this thread.... :rolleyes:

...EAT your spagetti!..quit praying to it!

I have huge issues with the Church don't get me wrong. Unfortunately it's the Church (particularly that of the Catholic and Baptist sorts) that have Christians so fucked up it's not even funny. I'm a Christian, I believe in Jesus Christ, but I don't believe it's my place to judge anyone else based on their views or beliefs or way of life.

Too many Christians forget this very important Bible quote "And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?" (Rom 2:3)

"We are now translated into 48 languages and have been transmitting into China on an AM station without getting jammed once," Camping said. "How can that happen without God's mercy?"

I chalk this one as "shit happens" and not divine in the least.

On Sept. 6, 1994, dozens of Camping's believers gathered inside Alameda's Veterans Memorial Building to await the return of Christ, an event Camping had promised for two years. Followers dressed children in their Sunday best and held Bibles open-faced toward heaven. But the world did not end. Camping allowed that he may have made a mathematical error. He spent the next decade running new calculations, as well as overseeing a media company that has grown significantly in size and reach.

Does anyone remember the nike people and the mother ship that was following a comet? Those followers were also told by their "leader" that Christ was coming and they were instructed to take poison and wrap plastic over their heads so they could hitch a ride with their savior.

Hmmmmm, and people get upset with me when I say how religion is a farce. Seems to me there is plenty of evidence supporting my views.

Jim Jones anyone?