Poll for Oct. 30th at CC

d:konstruct

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something with Poi (spelling?) and fire breathing! I remember a couple years ago on NY eve there was someone doing fire breathing to Rammstein's "Bang-Bang!" and it was super-awesome. Set the tone for the whole night.

Were they shooting the opening scene for XXX?

ohhhhh freaky carnaval theme since its halloween and all.... fire poi, and freak acts like the snake lady and conjoined twins(as examples) or other things we would consider freakish. and evil dead carival ring master.... yeah yeah evil halloween carnival :w00t:

If you are still thinking of having me be a part of it, I will throw my thoughts in.

I would really prefer there to NOT be a bunch of fetish type performances. Goth/Industrial and Fetish dont always have to be clumped together (in fact, id rather they dont do it much at all). It takes away from the music, which is why a lot of people go to the club. As well as the performance of the DJ (which I know alot of people dont think is a performance but it is to an extent). You arent going to have many people dancing if a show is going on either, and its always hard to get people dancing again when you force them to stop for a small show...hard enough to get people to start to dance in the first place.

Why not a simple costume party and just go nuts on decor? I dont see the need for erotic performances outside of actual fetish shows/cons. As for the music...Id like it to be equal parts goth and equal parts industrial, both old and new. Hope im still being considered for a potential part to play.

I agree with much of what Nocker said... I personally just go immediately slack jawed and bored with any event I hear with being coupled with "FETISH" or "S&M" on the flyer.... If I am looking into a subculture event and I see those words in the promo... it just kind of goes blurry and I forget the event is even happening in the first place.

I think we can do better... Not to say it can't be sexy, but just more original

I think a theme to it would be cool.... nothing too complicated or specific.... Like a ROBOT THEME... (girls and boys can wear very cute robot-sexy outfits if they are missing the whole sexual element of it I am sure).

A FILM NOIR THEME would be cool too....

Heck why not go 100% original... and have the worlds first GOTH/INDUSTRIAL science fair!!!! I would so go to that.... (Okay I know I am a bit in the minority here... but man, awesome industrial music and awesome science.... I think I would be a very happy Phee... and of course sexy outfits are fine too.)

Not too sure I agree with Phee and Nocker on it. You can get that on any night of the City Club. I think adding some of the fetish type stuff makes it more interesting esp if you are synchronizing the music with the things going on. I don't go to City Club as much for the music anymore as I do just for seeing people and hopefully the occasional freak viewing.

Not too sure I agree with Phee and Nocker on it. You can get that on any night of the City Club. I think adding some of the fetish type stuff makes it more interesting esp if you are synchronizing the music with the things going on. I don't go to City Club as much for the music anymore as I do just for seeing people and hopefully the occasional freak viewing.

If you do different music genres in each room, you will be getting something different than your usual night at CC. MOST people try to go to the club to dance or to socialize with people (if socializing, performances are also pretty irrelevant) and it really messes up the flow of things when someone cuts into your mix to introduce some chick wearing barely nothing doing some fire stuff. They arent just going to start doing it to what you are playing, they will make you play a track because they think they have coreagraphy to a song that doesn't sound ANYTHING like what you were just playing, resulting in a train wreck. After the performance, you then have to try and earn the mood back. Its irritating... Im all for a theme night or something, but performances just arent my thing...

How would you guys feel about live bands. We are thinking maybe of having Faith and the Muse, Bella Morte, D:Konstruct, and Servitor Sanctum 7. Nocker will be spinning for sure as will Scary Guy and the the Leland DJ's. I wasn't planning on anything fetish though maybe a dance skit of sorts with some of the ladies in the Collective. Last year we had Aviva do a Belly Dancing thing which was fun. We are also checking into some other national acts. Money will be the issue with the national acts of course. We were also thinking that the cover would be if we had national acts around $7-8 but, take a breath, if you are on the DGN board and we give out a code that you would just pay the normal $5. price for entry. In any event, we want to make the Halloween party as fun as possible for all with a lot of things going on. Please keep the feedback coming for the event as we are making plans for it now.

thank you

If you are still thinking of having me be a part of it, I will throw my thoughts in.I would really prefer there to NOT be a bunch of fetish type performances. Goth/Industrial and Fetish dont always have to be clumped together (in fact, id rather they dont do it much at all). It takes away from the music, which is why a lot of people go to the club. As well as the performance of the DJ (which I know alot of people dont think is a performance but it is to an extent). You arent going to have many people dancing if a show is going on either, and its always hard to get people dancing again when you force them to stop for a small show...hard enough to get people to start to dance in the first place.Why not a simple costume party and just go nuts on decor? I dont see the need for erotic performances outside of actual fetish shows/cons. As for the music...Id like it to be equal parts goth and equal parts industrial, both old and new. Hope im still being considered for a potential part to play.

Do you ever have fun and agree with anything the collective ever does? Is it just me or do you just disagree with everything....

I agree reaper I love the sceen and everything about it..... your either part of it or not! I love the shows and if halloween is close to what it was last year there was NO fricking room to dance at all and it was Frickin rediculuas I think it would be good for some people to have a little distraction of a show to watch....

If you are still thinking of having me be a part of it, I will throw my thoughts in.

I would really prefer there to NOT be a bunch of fetish type performances. Goth/Industrial and Fetish dont always have to be clumped together (in fact, id rather they dont do it much at all). It takes away from the music, which is why a lot of people go to the club. As well as the performance of the DJ (which I know alot of people dont think is a performance but it is to an extent). You arent going to have many people dancing if a show is going on either, and its always hard to get people dancing again when you force them to stop for a small show...hard enough to get people to start to dance in the first place.

Why not a simple costume party and just go nuts on decor? I dont see the need for erotic performances outside of actual fetish shows/cons. As for the music...Id like it to be equal parts goth and equal parts industrial, both old and new. Hope im still being considered for a potential part to play.

:clap::yes

Thank you!

And, Eevee... :cheers:

A live band would be cool...but last time faith and the muse was hear, the turn out wasnt so great. I personally would love to see Bella Morte again, they were alot of fun last I saw them (slow danced with Andy during the cover of Earth Angel, LMAO).

@ Lillylu

Yea I have fun, and I agree with people, just not many on this site, because most people on this site have silly opinions. its no offence to the collective that I dislike some of the stuff they do, im entitled to my opinion and am trying to give feedback based on my experiences both as a DJ and a customer.

Edited by DJ Nocker

Yea I have fun, and I agree with people, just not many on this site, because most people on this site have silly opinions. its no offence to the collective that I dislike some of the stuff they do, im entitled to my opinion and am trying to give feedback based on my experiences both as a DJ and a customer.

really, i mean seriously I have yet to see you agree with anything the collective is trying to do, and if OUR SILLY OPINIONS on this site just bug the dickins out of you then why be here. why dont you try to be more positive.

no wonder everyone getting so bored and miffed with DGN as of latley all people do is wanna bitch and whine about stuff.... why not try to be more POSITIVE and instead of downing things give BETTER IDEAS not just state i dont like this cause im tired of people combining fetish with the goth sceen(or whatever). got news for you its been that way before you were even a thought in your daddys pants.... and well frankly if people didnt enjoy them they would not go to the shows and the shows would not exist, they would fade away.

really, i mean seriously I have yet to see you agree with anything the collective is trying to do, and if OUR SILLY OPINIONS on this site just bug the dickins out of you then why be here. why dont you try to be more positive.

no wonder everyone getting so bored and miffed with DGN as of latley all people do is wanna bitch and whine about stuff.... why not try to be more POSITIVE and instead of downing things give BETTER IDEAS not just state i dont like this cause im tired of people combining fetish with the goth sceen(or whatever). got news for you its been that way before you were even a thought in your daddys pants.... and well frankly if people didnt enjoy them they would not go to the shows and the shows would not exist, they would fade away.

Funny...I got a PM last night saying the forum has been pretty dead ever since I took a break from the site a couple weeks ago :)

I wasnt going to thread jack but since you want to discuss it... Learn to read. I said my opinion which is what the OP asked for, AND I DID GIVE AN IDEA. And people on this thread already stated they are sick of it as well, and do not show up (me, phee, deadcat, eevee...which is like...half the posts on the thread?). There is nothing wrong with the fetish scene, I WAS IN A FETISH GROUP FOR 2 YEARS! And even when I was in one, I thought it was stupid when we did something at a goth night as apposed to our own event. I just think that they should be kept away from the goth/industrial community because its hard enough to keep that scene intact instead of over saturating it with events that really have nothing to do with the original idea. The original idea of the community was about the music...which is also what most clubs are geared at doing. That is also the DJ's job, music. If your going to have a fetish event, have a fetish event, like X Ball or something. If your going to have a club night, have a club night.

Just because goth kids and fetish people sometimes have the same clothing, doesn't mean they always have to be slammed together. And news flash, it hasnt always been like that.

....and I was hear before you were, so why dont you leave? :p

Edited by DJ Nocker

How would you guys feel about live bands. We are thinking maybe of having Faith and the Muse, Bella Morte, D:Konstruct, and Servitor Sanctum 7. Nocker will be spinning for sure as will Scary Guy and the the Leland DJ's. I wasn't planning on anything fetish though maybe a dance skit of sorts with some of the ladies in the Collective. Last year we had Aviva do a Belly Dancing thing which was fun. We are also checking into some other national acts. Money will be the issue with the national acts of course. We were also thinking that the cover would be if we had national acts around $7-8 but, take a breath, if you are on the DGN board and we give out a code that you would just pay the normal $5. price for entry. In any event, we want to make the Halloween party as fun as possible for all with a lot of things going on. Please keep the feedback coming for the event as we are making plans for it now.

thank you

I think its funny you have to say take a breathe when you say a price over 5 bucks. 7 dollars for any show is a unbeatable deal. Keep us updated.

Edited by DJ Nocker