August 21st, The Collective presents

We thought since the summer has been miserably hot it would be a fun idea to have a monster bikini party. We will have some people with super soakers. Please leave your water guns at home. Our friends in Bowling Green (Frequency Mutineers) will spin in the ballroom some fun tunes. I'm working on kiddie pools but I'm not sure that's gonna happen. i'm also trying to get a slip and slide in there. Bring your own towels, flip flops, etc. If you don't want to get wet, you might wanna stay out of the Ballroom. We will also have a sexiest gothic bikini contest for those who like to show off a bit. If you wanna just be some sort of monster thats fun also. We just want to get people wet! This was Sybil's idea believe it or not. We will set tarps down in the Ballroom to isolate the water fun and to keep things from being super slippery. Come join us, it should be fun:)

see the fleir

Of course...there will be a bikini party at City the night I was thinking of going to celebrate my birthday. Woo.

And I can totally see drunkards getting injured on the watered down tarps :laugh: Hopefully it will go over with no need for an ambulance.

Edited by Eevee

Ok, this conversation is creating some disturbing visualizations for me right now Sean. You do not have to wear a bikini, perhaps a speedo? Maybe, a speedo or Hot Topic thong with water moccasins, something tribal yet sexy.... As for me Sean, the world is a much safer and better place place not knowing what is underneath that which is D:Konstruct:) My wife just commented that I should wear a sumo diaper. I think I will be filing for a divorce sometime soon. Now she is talking photoshop, I am no longer amused.

Ok, this conversation is creating some disturbing visualizations for me right now Sean. You do not have to wear a bikini, perhaps a speedo? Maybe, a speedo or Hot Topic thong with water moccasins, something tribal yet sexy.... As for me Sean, the world is a much safer and better place place not knowing what is underneath that which is D:Konstruct:) My wife just commented that I should wear a sumo diaper. I think I will be filing for a divorce sometime soon. Now she is talking photoshop, I am no longer amused.

"Aww...you would look so cute in a frilly pink one!"

Yeah, if either of you think you can defeat me in combat, maybe I'll consider it. Remember, also that I weigh as much as both of you put together :p

Pssh...you don't know that.

EV-9D9 could totally defeat you :p

Well Im a fatty so you wont catch me dead in a bikini let alone a bathing suit. :confused:

I do the whole swim truncks dark shirt with a swim top on under it. I know how to present my curves but anything less than a corset and skirt and well things get scarey. :unsure:

Edited by the_fairy_gothmother

Here's the setup for the Ballroom: We're going to set up a small area in the Ballroom with tarps on the floor for the water. If you want to get wet we will have super soakers and hose people for fun. We will have 1-2 twister games set up for fun while we hose people. Frequency Mutineers will be spinning electro/industrial/goth off to the side. We will not have a slip and slide for safety reasons. There will be no fetish bikini contests or anything like that. There will be a section in the Ballroom were you can dance without getting wet if you choose to just hang out with us. People of course do not have to wear bikinis or bathing suits if they feel uncomfortable. We're simply gonna just have a little fun with water. If you do plan on getting wet, I would suggest you wear flip flops or some kind of shoes that can get wet unless you wanna go barefoot. You should also bring a towel if needed. We will have an area were you can set your shoes if needed to watch your stuff. There will also be lots of balloons to just kick around while dancing. It may sound silly but when we were down in Bowling Green for their ninja/pirate party, the balloons were so much fun in the club to just kick around while dancing. Safety on the hard floors in the Ballroom is my first priority. We may set up 1-2 blow up kiddie pools with water for people to just relax in for fun. I may also order some pizza and other snacks as well, i will have to see about money. In any event this is our last Collective event for the summer and we just want to have a little fun. Remember, do not bring cameras into the club without special permission or you could get thrown out. CC is very strict about that.

I hope that everyone come out to support our Bowling Green friends and make this a fun event for all.

Is D:Konstruct actually playing? I've heard contradictory answers.

If they are, will it be possible to watch the show with a reasonable expectation of not getting unexpectedly/undesiringly wet? (I am assuming from the recent updates that it will be, but it seemed less so from earlier wordings.) I'll try to wear something that won't be ruined if it gets wet, but I would still prefer to stay at least some semblance of dry...

(My main concern is whether there will be people running around with water guns trying to "ensure everyone has a good time whether they want it or not!!! LOLOLOL SO CLEVER AND AWESOME AND COOL!" ... or not. ;)

Of course if D:K isn't playing I'll have no need to risk it, but if you are, I don't want to miss it! <3

D:Konstruct is not playing this Sat. We will probably be doing our CD release party on the 25th. It will depend on whether or not we get them back from the factory within the next 2 weeks. I will let you know when we play. If you don't want to get wet, stay off of the tarps that we will have set up. We will spray people only on the tarps in the Ballroom. People can dance away from the tarps and still hang out with us if you'd like.

I also want to add that this isn't intended to be a fetish event. We thought it would be fun to try and create a summer beach like vibe that's all. There will be dancing. Come support the Bowling Green Frequency Mutineers team. They are an awesome bunch of folks who just want everyone to have a good time. Give them your song requests, dance with us whether you want to get wet or not. We will have a photographer taking pics for metromix there as well promoting what is going on at the Leland. I will be there to answer questions about our future R.I.P. retro goth nights starting Sept. 25th and to answer questions about D:konstruct if needed. There will only be a small section in the Ballroom with tarps and people with super soakers will be given specific instructions on not shooting people that just want to come in and dance. I hope to see you all out this Sat. It will be fun!

Thanks to everyone that came out last night. It was quite the wild evening all around and a good turn out. Between lots of balloons, half naked people rolling around in kiddie pools, and many people getting hosed with super soakers, not to mention the wonderful tunes by Frequency Mutineers, everyone I hope had a good time. A special thank you to all of you who hung out with us in the Ballroom and had some fun. Oh yes, to the girl that ran upon me and bit my shoulder and ran off, that was kinda hot:)

Coming up in September will be our new event R.I.P. on the 25th a long with the D:Konstruct CD release party.

See you again soon!

http://detroit.metromix.com/bars-and-clubs/article/d-scene-aug-18/2124240/content

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12675&id=100000828334277

http://detroit.metromix.com/bars-and-clubs/photogallery/party-pics-hotter-than/2146116/photo/all