In every profile, there is a star rating.

If people like you, they click five stars, if they don't, they click one.

SO, after I noticed my star rating go from ***** to *** in a day, I found out that if someone doesn't like you,

and they're bored, they can just sit all night and lower the number of stars in your rating until it goes to one.

MY QUESTION----

IS rating someone's popularity a good thing on a goth board?

OR is it just childish?

AND

Does anyone like the idea that in one night, any one of us can change someone's lifetime rating?

Guest Megalicious

Well the star rating is pretty pointless when it comes to active posters from what it looks like, your reputation is made by the posts, not the stars. Haters are gonna hate, let them hate, it just proves you got something over them.

:)

Exactly. We love you no matter how many starts you have E!! :p

Guest Megalicious

Actually the stars here do have a point... five actually....

You know what he meant, Phee! :p

I mean Herr Phee... oh I mean yes, of course Herr Phee! :p

You guys are awesome!

Well, bean bumped me up to four. It took her forever!

Someone really doesn't like me.

I don't know why I care.

I will work harder on being awesome and secure.

bean being a Buddha bear said if I don't become that way, I can do it in my next life.

As for my starting this thread, I don't want it to happen to any of you. It just doesn't seem fair to give disgruntled people that much power..

But since I'm apparently the only one that noticed the star ratings in the first place,

I guess you guys are good! :fun:

I am raising your warning level to mauve for correcting me.

Hahaha!

As for my starting this thread, I don't want it to happen to any of you. It just doesn't seem fair to give disgruntled people that much power..

For all those wangs sitting around actually clicking on low stars for whatever reason.....please know that we really don't care, and that the whole thing is just comical. If clicking a low star gives you some illusion of power, then you can keep that sad and desperate illusion all to yourself. The last I knew, I didn't even have any stars, and I wear that with pride! :thumbsup:

It kind of seems like for every one person you (the generic you, not E, specifically) piss off on this board, there are five others who respect you that much more for having the courage to tell it like it is. But I know I am not in the habit of clicking 5 stars for people every time I like something that they have to say, and I think the majority of users here are the same way.

And, yes, having ratings systems on a board with play-nice-rules seems a bit oxymoronic (is that a word?) if you ask me.