Covenant :: MODERN RUIN:: N. American tour 2010

Oh, one more thing... whose idea was it to play Coil - "Are You Shivering?" before Covenant took the stage? It was so nice to hear that song finally in a room full of people. It's strangely beautiful.

Coil's "moon musick" phase, beginning with the album that that song comes from (Musick to Play in the Dark, issued 1999), showed Jhonn Balance and his cohorts at their best. RIP Jhonn, going up...

Eh, I call fail on the DJ (Jinx?) - the same CD played 3 times on rotate throughout the night (I hear it was a Necto sampler CD given away at one of the nights at some point)? What gives...that's not DJing. It wasn't even long enough to last between the bands, and cycled through at least 3-4 of the songs in just that one "set"...and I heard they were playing the same CD before BMM went on as well. Kinda not all that cool, you know? Even if I do like most of the songs on it, once each is plenty in a 60-70 min period. :rolleyes:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I call fail on the DJ (Jinx?) - the same CD played 3 times on rotate throughout the night (I hear it was a Necto sampler CD given away at one of the nights at some point)? What gives...that's not DJing. It wasn't even long enough to last between the bands, and cycled through at least 3-4 of the songs in just that one "set"...and I heard they were playing the same CD before BMM went on as well. Kinda not all that cool, you know? Even if I do like most of the songs on it, once each is plenty in a 60-70 min period. :rolleyes:

Jinxx said that he was supposed to be DJ'ing between sets, I'm not sure what happened...and while I enjoyed the songs the first time...the second, third, and forth got to be annoying :X

So are the club DJ's and that doesn't stop anyone from posting on here if they SUCK ;)

But yeah I know what you mean we should all refrain from any negative unnecessary comments. Constructive criticism might be ok.

Nice to see ya last night.

OK. Here's my constructive criticism - Lose the way over-processed vocals. Lose the silly costumes. Use lyric content that I haven't heard 20 million times and sound like they came from a third grader. Keep working on the music.

Agreed.

OK. Here's my constructive criticism - Lose the way over-processed vocals. Lose the silly costumes. Use lyric content that I haven't heard 20 million times and sound like they came from a third grader. Keep working on the music.

Eh, I like costumes. But we all know I like clothes. I actually think they're improving...they're way better than at Funker Vogt and I think better than at D:Konstruct as well. Not my style still but steadily improving and I give them major props for that. :)

don't blame the DJ. that hour-plus break between bands was inexcusable. even at stadium shows, there's no more than 35 minutes dead time.

Edited by Simon Bar Sinister

don't blame the DJ. that hour-plus break between bands was inexcusable. even at stadium shows, there's no more than 35 minutes dead time.

Agreed and disagreed. The wait time was waaaaay too long. But even if it'd been 15 min, he was still replaying songs that were played before BMM went on - so completely inexcusable. If you are DJing a show, that does not mean popping in a mix CD. Just no.

So are the club DJ's and that doesn't stop anyone from posting on here if they SUCK ;)

But yeah I know what you mean we should all refrain from any negative unnecessary comments. Constructive criticism might be ok.

Nice to see ya last night.

Hey I stick up for you guys too!! :p

Good to see you, I'm debating about hitting City this Saturday, so I might see ya then.

Heh, any other DJ given the opportunity to spin would have ceased the chance with that hour and turned that floor of people standing around into a floor of people dancing...

Agreed and disagreed. The wait time was waaaaay too long. But even if it'd been 15 min, he was still replaying songs that were played before BMM went on - so completely inexcusable. If you are DJing a show, that does not mean popping in a mix CD. Just no.

100% AGREED!

I just feel bad because I thought someone had said Void was DJing, so I went up and found him and playfully yelled at him for the mix CD...and he informed me it was Jinx, not him. Apologies, Void, my bad. D: I was disgustingly misinformed. :( I should never have doubted you like that ;)

+1

I did not DJ at all last night. Their were technical troubles with the mixer before I ever started. They used one of my old mix CD's that is it. I had no control of the music or when it was played. On the bright-side I was able to enjoy the show with my friends without working . As Paul Harvey would say "thats the rest of the story" Was as fun time I had a blast.

JInx

Edited by Jinx

I did not DJ at all last night. Their were technical troubles with the mixer before I ever started. They used one of my old mix CD's that is it. I had no control of the music or when it was played. On the bright-side I was able to enjoy the show with my friends without working . As Paul Harvey would say "thats the rest of the story" Was as fun time I had a blast.

JInx

Good to know! Glad you got that cleared up - since I think everyone thought you were supposed to be DJing, you know? Technical difficulties FTL D:

Good to know! Glad you got that cleared up - since I think everyone thought you were supposed to be DJing, you know? Technical difficulties FTL D:

I was looking forward to it all week. I will admit I was a bit bummed it didn't work out.

JInx

I just feel bad because I thought someone had said Void was DJing, so I went up and found him and playfully yelled at him for the mix CD...and he informed me it was Jinx, not him. Apologies, Void, my bad. D: I was disgustingly misinformed. :( I should never have doubted you like that ;)

Lol it's all good. :)

Overall I thought it was a great night, had alot of fun talking with people and as always Covenant did not disappoint me.

BMM was alright. There was only one song that I liked from them, but other than that I just wasn't feeling it.

Then again, I had a really off day yesterday from lack of sleep. @_@ I felt horrible, but I decided to go anyway. Thus made me look really antisocial. Ughhh. I only stayed for Covenant until 11.30, because of that and the wait for over an hour. That sucked. -____- But I did love what I saw of Covenant, so that was worth it.

I so almost posted this exact thing earlier!

The dj mix cd was kind of, well... wtf-inducing, as he wasted no time in promoting everywhere that he would actually be "dj'ing" this event.

That's all I'm going to say about that ;)

I so almost posted this exact thing earlier!

The dj mix cd was kind of, well... wtf-inducing, as he wasted no time in promoting everywhere that he would actually be "dj'ing" this event.

That's all I'm going to say about that ;)

Well of course I wasted no time in advertising it. I was only asked to do it on Friday. The Crofoot gave us 10 tickets to give away at Necto with the stipulation that we we promote it heavy for them. As we have a great relationship with them and have helped each other in the past. I was more than willing to help get the word out as soon as they asked me to do so. BTW PROPS to the Crofoot for booking the show. Unfortunately for everyone involved we had technical difficulties that were out of our control that prevented me from being able to do my set. I only had one continuous mix cd in my case. I had already known what I wanted to play and didn't bring all my music for a 40 min set. The mix cd was played from the sound booth and after it was given to the sound tech that was the last on my involvement of when or how often it got played. That was an old Necto mix CD that I did a few years back and none of what was on it was intended to played last night. On the plus side Monday I'll de dropping it down and it's pretty hot. Everyone involved just tried to make the best of a bad situation. Hope that clears things up for you.

JInx

Edited by Jinx

I had an awesome time. It was great to see everyone! I didnt think the opening band was to bad. Covenant just blew my mind thoe. I danced most of the night as usual. How come people dont open more up and dance at these shows?

I just don't like dancing. I've never felt comfortable with the whole process and whatnot. That's just me though.

I still cannot get that new song out of my head. Hope someone's got it on YouTube.

Edited by DJ Nihil