• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story...It was Dances with pocahontas in the Emerald Fern Gully... not a bad story at all just don't expect a lot of twists.

BUT OMG THE VISUALS... This movie gave me eye candy Diabetes it was so sweet. It is the closest thing I have ever felt to a true VR immersion experience... Saw it in IMAX 3D... and that movie is a technological out of body experience. I could almost feel the planet the way it was filmed and special effects, I could almost smell the forest. I have never seen CGI that pulled off the "real world" effect so well (up until this movie Peter Jackson had come closest with LOTR.)

It almost rewrites ones expectations for what visuals your brain becomes hungry for... Kind of like eating the best food you have ever tasted visually, and then having to go back to a bologna sandwich again.

The story...It was Dances with pocahontas in the Emerald Fern Gully... not a bad story at all just don't expect a lot of twists.

BUT OMG THE VISUALS... This movie gave me eye candy Diabetes it was so sweet. It is the closest thing I have ever felt to a true VR immersion experience... Saw it in IMAX 3D... and that movie is a technological out of body experience. I could almost feel the planet the way it was filmed and special effects, I could almost smell the forest. I have never seen CGI that pulled off the "real world" effect so well (up until this movie Peter Jackson had come closest with LOTR.)

It almost rewrites ones expectations for what visuals your brain becomes hungry for... Kind of like eating the best food you have ever tasted visually, and then having to go back to a bologna sandwich again.

DAMN...that description of the most technological out-of-body experience makes me feel really bad for anyone that decided to do any shrooms or acid before heading out to see it.

epic-fail-avatar-plot-fail.jpg

Fucking awesome, you sir, are still amaizing :rofl:.

I haven't seen Avatar but Boshy has and she thought it was marginally cute...but she kept having to sneak out of the theatre to call me on her cell phone because she didn't really care for it, just thought you know, there was some cute stuff about it and really good graphics as she put it.

You can laugh at me if you want but this movie made me cry. It just triggered some kind of emotion in me. The realness of it got to me I guess.

I'm a jaded bitter old crone and I don't cry easily.

I was sitting there with my kids (one teenage and one college age who would never stop teasing me for crying) so had even more incentive not to cry, but the tears just rolled down my face, couldn't stop them!

and I know the story was very simple, but I feel like anyone who wasn't touched by the interconnectedness of everything just really didn't *get* the movie at all.

I've seen it twice in 3d and want to see it in IMAX 3D now.

Edited by Onyx

WOW! I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL FOR THOSE WHO SEEN THE MOVIE AND EXPERIENCE THE STORYLINE IN 3D OR NOT, I DIDNT THINK I HAVE THIS MANY REPLIES TO A MOVIE POST; BUT THANX. NEXT MOVIE POST WILL PROBABLY BE EITHER ALICE IN WONDERLAND, IRON MAN 2, THE WOLFMAN, OR WHATEVER YA WANNA HEAR ABOUT LET ME KNOW.

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally saw it and realized I have seen it before.. many times. Yes, the visuals were fantastic... way to setup a premade video game market... but the story and dialog were old and tired. There is a reason this didn't win best picture. If it were not for the stunning CGI affects... this movie would not have filled one theator.