DGN Night at CC, December 5th aftermath

reports,

i seen two good freinds of mine LOS, and Slogo, eevee came in :) Lilly, Fidget...who rolled her eyes when i said she looked hot >.< lol ummm LittleMissLuckyCunt, always a pleasure to see her :) Stormknight, MissKitty, i got to me the tall sexy redhead tyger only got to speak briefly cuz she came in right as i had to hop on my door shift >.< uhm i thin thats about it oh wait blackjack to...if i forgot anyone my bad....aside from all the good stuff 11 people got thrown out last night...two girls got caught taking a piss in the sink, 3 fights and 3 people who were so drunk they couldnt stand

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank the Lovley Miss Fidget and friend whom patiently waited for me to get off of work and pick me up! *hugs*

Greeted by the Cute Gimp and Sexy Slogo and his new haircut! :bunny:

LOS *hugs* my friend!

Seen Stormknight

Oh yeah and met Nienna :wave

It was a slow night for me, still have the lingering of this stupid cold....

Edited by Lillylu29

Sloooow night. Wasn't really feeling the music last night...so I only danced a little.

I went with Nicole. Oh, and I went in something that I don't normally wear...I guess I felt like mixing it up? I was in a tighter, light-colored floral dress that ended above the knee. Along with my newest boots, and kitty ears.

Not sure how it looked...but whatever, rofl

I greeted Gimp at the door :happy: And soon found Slogo, LoS, MissKitty (my first time meeting her), Stormknight, Nienna, and Blackjack. Fidget and Lillylu came a little later on. And Skyfire and I had a brief dance as I was leaving. I'm sure I'm missing some people.

But, like I said, a fairly dull night. Nicole and I left at 2:30.

It was nice to get out, though.

:yes

it was an unexpected trip to the club but i didn't get there til 2am and was very suprised to see the place not as packed as i thought it would be but it was still packed. saw the bouncer boys were quite busy with lots of non goth's there. i'm all with chery about letting her stand at the door as a dress code enforcer lol. the music wasn't all that good hell the music by the bar was better playing a zombie c.d. and then 89x. needless to say i didn't see many of you cause the corner was already disbanned as i got there. but i still had fun, but who am i kidding i have fun everytime i get to get out of the house amongst my own element!!!

it was an unexpected trip to the club but i didn't get there til 2am and was very suprised to see the place not as packed as i thought it would be but it was still packed. saw the bouncer boys were quite busy with lots of non goth's there. i'm all with chery about letting her stand at the door as a dress code enforcer lol. the music wasn't all that good hell the music by the bar was better playing a zombie c.d. and then 89x. needless to say i didn't see many of you cause the corner was already disbanned as i got there. but i still had fun, but who am i kidding i have fun everytime i get to get out of the house amongst my own element!!!

i havent had the pleasure of meeting you yet...next time you go...just poke or prod or kick the guy working door and say hello

i havent had the pleasure of meeting you yet...next time you go...just poke or prod or kick the guy working door and say hello

i don't go alot however i have been the past three weekends... i didn't get there until like 2am last night were you working the door then ? cause with my luck i would kick the guy at the door and it won't be you !!!!

i don't go alot however i have been the past three weekends... i didn't get there until like 2am last night were you working the door then ? cause with my luck i would kick the guy at the door and it won't be you !!!!

i work every saturday there 11pm-4am so kick away

As for myself, we showed up close to 1 (due to Riku working late) and stayed until 4ish. Saw some good people, had a pretty good time. I'm getting better at having fun without drinking at all there again, which is good. I tried to dance some, danced a bit, danced to anything and everything I even remotely liked because I was anxious to dance...but unfortunately this wasn't as much as usual.

3 people got kicked out for being too drunk? Wow...I've never known City to do this! Were they being assholes or what? I've personally never really understood why bars would kick people out for being too drunk...especially in winter...I guess at City it's okay because of the diner, but otherwise it just seems like asking for trouble. (I don't speak from personal experience, I've never been kicked out, but I always thought it was strange...especially if there's no place to go like the diner, isn't that just asking for someone to drink and drive and kill someone?)

I saw one very interesting guy get led out and I was curious what happened...he was pretty creepy...asked me if I had a boyfriend and said he was very "turned on by couples"...and a few minutes later I saw him hovering over a couple making out. I guess he just pissed off the wrong guy. XD Weirdo. I was amused.

Music was...yeah. Far too techno-y for my tastes. I danced a bit and enjoyed some songs but in general I found the whole night to have a very "industrial" flavor...by which I mean the thumping beats, no melody, no feeling, just electronic beats. Not quite my thing. It sometimes works to keep the crowd moving, and much of the floor did seem to be moving, but it seemed to be more the too-drunk-to-care "don't know the music anyway so a thumping beat is easy to keep step and grind and make out to" crowd.

And a personal request...could you please not write "New Order - Confusion" only for that crap Blade remix? Yes, it is New Order Confusion...somewhere hidden behind all the electronic techno beats where you can barely hear it. Isn't there a name for that remix you could add on there? You guys seem to write "remix" or the name of the mix for most remixes...why not that one? "New Order - Confusion" should mean that awesome song with melody and nice voices and good 80s sound. This is something like "New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Blade remix)". I don't deny that there are people who like the song, and I'm not saying you should never play it, but call it what it is. It's no longer even vaguely recognizable as New Order.

Just curious what was your complaint with the music?

c'mon all you people who didn't care for the music this night need to help the djs out - let them know what you thought the issue was with their song choices, otherwise, how will they ever know how to modify it in the future? they want people to be happy with their work - they're doing it all for you guys, you know! :wink

here's a link to the setlist that night. speak up!!

sorry i personally can't be of any help, but even on the nights i go, i actually know less than one percent of the music that get's played, so i have nothing helpful to offer.

Edited by torn asunder
added link to playlist...

Yeah, say what songs you hate peoples!

Most of the DJs are familiar with what songs I hate, and I don't like to be negative, so I will keep my mouth shut...I already spoke my piece. ;)

Songs I *liked* from this evening (that I heard and danced to, not exhaustive, and I only was there from about 1-4):

Icon of Coil - Dead Enough for Life

KMFDM - Anarchy

Covenant - We Want Revolution

Peter Murphy - Cuts You Up

Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls

Wumpscut - Wreath of Barbs

She Wants Revenge - Tear U Apart

Kommor Kommando - John the Revelator (not as good as if it were Mode though, only tolerable because I can play back Mode in my head)

Aesthetic Perfection - Spit it Out (I think, can't remember what this is atm)

Icon of Coil - Shelter

..and most of those are overplayed. But still good songs and I can dance to them. Almost everything else I heard was too techno-y/soulless heavy beat for my tastes.

Maybe you should just close this thread before it gets really nasty and people start crying...

lighten up, francis.

do you want input or not? if not, then don't post, it's pretty simple. you both asked for input, didn't you? that doesn't mean you get to treat people disrespectfully.

Edited by torn asunder

I am just speaking my opinion and this by no means reflects the opinion of anyone else.

I know that most people request the same songs over and over, when those songs get played other people claim that those songs are overplayed. But yet people only seem to dance to those same songs. At one point those songs were new and people were complaining about too much "new stuff" being played.

I know for myself that I try to introduce newer stuff into my sets so that way it opens up people at the clubs musical variety. I know not everyone is going to like every song, I understand that. I just wish that people would be more open to different types.

I hate to say it, but "the scene" is changing, along with that change, music changes. Artists that people really enjoyed dancing to 10-15 yrs ago are rarely if any putting on newer tracks.

Once again, this is just my opinion and my opinion only, I by no means intend to offend or upset or direct this at any one person or group of people.