A question about the appreciation nights and events

Raev

DGN CC special events  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of having two nights about six months apart. Personally, I see these as prime opportunities to not only meet up with DGN members that can't too often make it to the club, but to raise funds for the board, and pique interest in the board amongst our largest target group: the other weirdos that frequent City Club. I think we should have award ceremonies on the Appreciation Night, fundraisers on both nights, promo packages on the ready for Street Team members, and new member incentives plus an available computer so we can have on-the-spot sign-ups. Maybe we can grow the events a little each time, adding things like door prizes, a second meeting area (besides the stage--someplace quieter and more conducive to conversation), a DGNer exclusive song request hour (at the beginning of the night, only DGNers' requested songs will be played), a drink special for confirmed wristbanded members only, catered hors d'ouvre table, or preceding dinner event (so those who can't or won't go to the club can still participate), etc. In any case, none but the most wasted and consequently oblivious should go home from City Club on those nights not knowing what DGN is and how to get here.

Edit to add: Oh, yeah, and I volunteer to assist in the planning and production of these events until such time as I relocate out of state (possibly as long as two years from now, but hopefully only one year). I love a good party!

Edited by taysteewonderbunny

I like the idea of having two nights about six months apart. Personally, I see these as prime opportunities to not only meet up with DGN members that can't too often make it to the club, but to raise funds for the board, and pique interest in the board amongst our largest target group: the other weirdos that frequent City Club. I think we should have award ceremonies on the Appreciation Night, fundraisers on both nights, promo packages on the ready for Street Team members, and new member incentives plus an available computer so we can have on-the-spot sign-ups. Maybe we can grow the events a little each time, adding things like door prizes, a second meeting area (besides the stage--someplace quieter and more conducive to conversation), a DGNer exclusive song request hour (at the beginning of the night, only DGNers' requested songs will be played), a drink special for confirmed wristbanded members only, catered hors d'ouvre table, or preceding dinner event (so those who can't or won't go to the club can still participate), etc. In any case, none but the most wasted and consequently oblivious should go home from City Club on those nights not knowing what DGN is and how to get here.

Edit to add: Oh, yeah, and I volunteer to assist in the planning and production of these events until such time as I relocate out of state (possibly as long as two years from now, but hopefully only one year). I love a good party!

+1 :clap:

Weekends are the best time for DGNers it seems.

LCC and DGN has a very good working relationship and many in the community enjoy going there.

LCC is open weekends.

With the above combination, the DGN bday party and the aprec. nights should be at Leland City Club - as it is the place/time combination that seems to be doable by the majority of the DGN community.

Now OTHER events - we can do wherever. My concern is on those two, as I've agreed to tackle them from here on out*

Then I guess I will never be attending any of these events.. Oh well.

In light of some emails and comments I've gotten - the following idea....

DGN birthday BBQ/outdoorsy event so DGNers with kids/odd work schedules can also attend

DGN Apprec event remain at CC.

Further ideas?

i like it! as long as there are contingency plans, in case of inclement weather - an outdoor bbq in a monsoon might give people pause!

Hmmm... How about the BBQ is coordinated with an evening at City? Two separate groups tackle the logistics of each. The BBQ can be as simple as telling everyone to show up at a pretermined location. The money and serious time can go into the CC evening. I'd be OK with another venue but I think the costs would skyrocket because we'd most likely be on our own where with City a lot of what we want is there already.

DGN birthday BBQ/outdoorsy event so DGNers with kids/odd work schedules can also attend

Further ideas?

LOVE it :)

The DGN BBQ I put together last summer was awesome... I would be willing to help out with that :bunny:

• 3 weeks later...

Further ideas?

Not sure how I missed this thread the first time, but I think the above is by far the best way to go.

CC in late July with as many DGNers as possible + other patrons + no air conditioner or ventilation system = sweltering hot place that I, personally, would avoid at all costs. An outdoor BBQ-type-thing would be much nicer.

Also, it could be a good opportunity to raise some funds. Just have a suggested admission price (not mandatory so those who are really struggling could attend, too) and the proceeds go to DGN. I bet most people attending would kick in at least a couple bucks for something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...