McCain introduces bill to block FCC's net neutrality rules

http://www.macworld.com/article/143445/2009/10/mccain_netneutrality.html

I like how it's called the "Internet Freedom Act". "Freedom" from government regulation = Handing over the reigns to big business and them screwing their customers over (That would be us). Thanks, just what we need. :X

The more government get involved in anything, the more our freedom starts to disappear.

In this case, it's a good thing. Otherwise the internet will be largely "controlled" by the corporations who control access to it. (Either the ISP's and cable companies, or the telecoms who control many of the main pipes.) They would then be free to block or restrict traffic as they see fit. I don't imagine you want that do you? How would you like a forum for Dodge Rams to become unavailable because the ISP you use has an interest in Ford? A stretch to be sure... but entirely possible if McCain gets his way.

In this case, it's a good thing. Otherwise the internet will be largely "controlled" by the corporations who control access to it. (Either the ISP's and cable companies, or the telecoms who control many of the main pipes.) They would then be free to block or restrict traffic as they see fit. I don't imagine you want that do you? How would you like a forum for Dodge Rams to become unavailable because the ISP you use has an interest in Ford? A stretch to be sure... but entirely possible if McCain gets his way.

Ah...I thank you for the translation...seriously ('nother thread)...

A very good point indeed sir!

As an interesting side note; I remember watching the interview between Katie Couric & Glenn Beck, and Glenn said that he felt that we would have been worse off if McCain had won the election.

With legislation proposals like this one, I can clearly see Glenn's point.

Edited by creatureofthenyte