The things you love most about your significant other(s)

wait, i don't remember writing this!? (i had to take out the first sentence, though, but the rest is striaght outta my head!)

The trick is...

Fly away from them, before they fly away from you. After so many times, you'll learn to get the timing right.

P.S. NO MORE FLYING AWAY, FOR ME--

The only flying I'll be doing from here, until evermore, is FLYING TO HIM.

I love my husband, for so many reasons...and in so many ways. We just fit each other, so well. Nights in white satin...worsted cotton gloves, gliding over Vaseline fingers..

I fell for him as fast (and as slick) as a bitch beagle going after an autumn buck squirrel (anyone who hunts with dogs, knows what I mean).

I just love him, and that's all I have to say.

Edited by jynxxxedangel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, i don't remember writing this!? (i had to take out the first sentence, though, but the rest is striaght outta my head!)

Sorry to hear that you have such things in common with me. *sigh* It's a strange life I drive myself through. I'd be glad if my ex's flings would quit tracking me down to tell me about how he affected their lives. It would make life less annoying and I might go out more.

People have always come into my life that need me as some form of guide for them. When they have learned what they can from me... they leave.

The trick is...

Fly away from them, before they fly away from you. After so many times, you'll learn to get the timing right.

see, the thing is, i have no problem with helping to guide others, if that's what they need. i'm happy to do that, it makes me feel like my life isn't a complete waste. i do believe people come into your life for a reason, it's just that in the last several years, it seems like the lessons/guidance has been one-sided - i feel like i've helped others, but i've not gleaned anything helpful towards improving myself. makes me think the only reason i'm here is to help others find happiness, but that happiness isn't meant for me. does that make any sense?

probably not...

see, the thing is, i have no problem with helping to guide others, if that's what they need. i'm happy to do that, it makes me feel like my life isn't a complete waste. i do believe people come into your life for a reason, it's just that in the last several years, it seems like the lessons/guidance has been one-sided - i feel like i've helped others, but i've not gleaned anything helpful towards improving myself. makes me think the only reason i'm here is to help others find happiness, but that happiness isn't meant for me. does that make any sense?

probably not...

Quite a bit actually.

If only I had been blessed with enough creative writing ability to express the joy my wife brings me. Everything about her... the smell of her skin... the taste of her lips... that look she gives me when I have said something I should not have... The fact that even after 14+ years I am still overwhelmed with her beauty at times. Her modesty. Her pride. Her wit and her empathy. All that is her... I love.

probably not...

+1

That's the reason I've been so socially withdrawn. I don't just want to be someone's guide. Personally, it would be nice if I at least had learning experiences or people stuck around. Poor Val, I've gotten to the point where I just don't even want to let her in my head at all, though I still try to guide her... *sigh* Yeah, dunno that I'll ever escape being a guide, I was just over Joni's motivating her 2 weeks ago. I'm hopeless. lol

probably not...

You are almost certainly learning and growing without even realizing it... and you may not realize it until that specific situation when your new wisdom comes into play.

You are almost certainly learning and growing without even realizing it... and you may not realize it until that specific situation when your new wisdom comes into play.

I've been in some really bad relationships... I learned from a guy who put me through tons of mental abuse, and thank God I don't think he's even in the state anymore. But, I gotta say... I don't think there was any learning going on with the last one.

I do however think that all the horrible things that happen prepare me to deal with all the other horrifying crap life sends my way. That's why I let most of the stuff from the past just be past, but I dunno... I feel stuck. Something didn't get accomplished and I doubt it was from my end. So, now I feel like I'm in this awkward state of stasis. Dunno how much sense that makes to anyone but me.

Mmmmm... It's easier to write what I don't love about her... Which is next to nothing! :wub: Nobody gives better back scratches, or knows me better. Even my family fell in love with her the first time we all got together.

I can't wait for our handfasting next month! (and the wedding a year later!) :peanutbutterjellytime:

Awwwwwweeeee I wubs you lots and lots and for all eternity....

And your family is awesome, Aunt Debbie is hillarious! Can't wait for our trip next year to visit her... I always get a kick out of hearing the psycho ex stories!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to do this for weeks, I guess now is the perfect time.

First my mom:

We had an extremely close mother/daughter relationship that my friends would sometimes express envy of. I considered my mom one of my best friends, and she was usually the first one I went to with good or bad news, or when I was just feeling down and needed to hear a comforting, non-judgmental voice. There was nothing formal about our relationship. I talked to her like I would have any of my other half a dozen or so close friends.

She was incredibly supportive. Not only did she encourage me to make my own decisions, but she supported me, even when she didn't necessarily agree with those decisions. When others would say "I think you're making a mistake," she would say "I trust you to make whatever decision you think is best for you."

She was very caring. I hate the word "caring," it's become such a cliche, but she really was. She wasn't a part time mom. When I was growing up she did two things. She taught school, and participated in school activities, and she spent time with me. She didn't go out every Saturday night and leave me with a babysitter, she took me to a family movie and my favorite restaurant. The two things she cared about most in life were her students and her daughter. When I got older, her caring extended to the people I cared about. Whenever she met them, she always took my close friend and significant others under her wing. She loved Charlie like he was her own son.

She was an avid animal lover. Whether at a friends house, at a zoo or exhibit, or walking down the street, she would want to make friends with every animal she came across.

She was unbelievably generous. My mom was not a wealthy woman, but what she had, she shared. She never wanted to see anyone go without, and if she had the means to prevent that from happening, she did. She would literally give you the shirt off her back. A couple times I would comment how something she was wearing (earrings, shoes, sweater, etc.) was cute and she's pull it off and say "Here, try it on! I can probably get myself another one." If Charlie or I ever needed anything, she was going to get it for us, and no amount of arguing would stop her.

She got excited over everything. She and I were polar opposites in that respect, and, though there were times when it drove me crazy, I loved that about her as well. She could find joy in everyday things, that I barely got amusement from. She was always my favorite person to go to Renaissance Festival with because she got so excited about everything there.

I can't even say how much I am going to miss her. :crybaby::cry:bye2:

I've been wanting to do this for weeks, I guess now is the perfect time.

First my mom:

We had an extremely close mother/daughter relationship that my friends would sometimes express envy of. I considered my mom one of my best friends, and she was usually the first one I went to with good or bad news, or when I was just feeling down and needed to hear a comforting, non-judgmental voice. There was nothing formal about our relationship. I talked to her like I would have any of my other half a dozen or so close friends.

She was incredibly supportive. Not only did she encourage me to make my own decisions, but she supported me, even when she didn't necessarily agree with those decisions. When others would say "I think you're making a mistake," she would say "I trust you to make whatever decision you think is best for you."

She was very caring. I hate the word "caring," it's become such a cliche, but she really was. She wasn't a part time mom. When I was growing up she did two things. She taught school, and participated in school activities, and she spent time with me. She didn't go out every Saturday night and leave me with a babysitter, she took me to a family movie and my favorite restaurant. The two things she cared about most in life were her students and her daughter. When I got older, her caring extended to the people I cared about. Whenever she met them, she always took my close friend and significant others under her wing. She loved Charlie like he was her own son.

She was an avid animal lover. Whether at a friends house, at a zoo or exhibit, or walking down the street, she would want to make friends with every animal she came across.

She was unbelievably generous. My mom was not a wealthy woman, but what she had, she shared. She never wanted to see anyone go without, and if she had the means to prevent that from happening, she did. She would literally give you the shirt off her back. A couple times I would comment how something she was wearing (earrings, shoes, sweater, etc.) was cute and she's pull it off and say "Here, try it on! I can probably get myself another one." If Charlie or I ever needed anything, she was going to get it for us, and no amount of arguing would stop her.

She got excited over everything. She and I were polar opposites in that respect, and, though there were times when it drove me crazy, I loved that about her as well. She could find joy in everyday things, that I barely got amusement from. She was always my favorite person to go to Renaissance Festival with because she got so excited about everything there.

I can't even say how much I am going to miss her. :crybaby::cry:bye2:

I never knew this about you and her. These are such beautiful words. :grouphug

And now for Charlie:

He's the yin to my yang. We're different in almost every way, but we balance each other out perfectly. We've had our ups and down, but through it all we've stayed best friends.

I love that he's supportive of me. I love that he's protective of me. I love that he loves animals as much as I do. I love that he's so good with my family and friends. I love that he's open and he and I can really sit down and talk about things. I love that he's interested in learning, and in the things that I talk about. I love that he laughs with me and he cries with me. I love that, though he doesn't have much, he wants to share everything with me. I love how safe I feel when he has his arms around me.

:kiss:wub::heart:

• 1 month later...

What is not to love? I love that we tell the same jokes simultaneously because they occur to us both just then. I love that we have such different ideas about politics and religion, but deal with life so similarly. I love his ultra-blue eyes. I love that he will let me dote on him and lavish him with ridiculous little attentions but doesn't take those actions for granted. I love that he is so cuddly and emotionally available. I love that he looks after me and wants me to call to confirm that I arrived home safely. I love that we have the same taste in women. I love that he is not afraid to vary from the conventions of what is masculine, but does not revile his manhood either. I love that he has developed so many talents from juggling to shibari to fiction-writing, drumming, fight choreography and cooking. I just adore him. But most of all, I love that he's MINE! Yay!

Everything.

With many relationships there's always some sort of compromise. Do I want the hot chick with no brains? The smart chick with no sense of humor? The funny chick that's boring in bed? The kinky chick who's ugly? And so on. But with Calix, there is no compromise.

She is everything I could ever want and more. There is nothing I have to give up with her. And she continues to surprise me day by day as I discover new treasures.

What is not to love? I love that we tell the same jokes simultaneously because they occur to us both just then. I love that we have such different ideas about politics and religion, but deal with life so similarly. I love his ultra-blue eyes. I love that he will let me dote on him and lavish him with ridiculous little attentions but doesn't take those actions for granted. I love that he is so cuddly and emotionally available. I love that he looks after me and wants me to call to confirm that I arrived home safely. I love that we have the same taste in women. I love that he is not afraid to vary from the conventions of what is masculine, but does not revile his manhood either. I love that he has developed so many talents from juggling to shibari to fiction-writing, drumming, fight choreography and cooking. I just adore him. But most of all, I love that he's MINE! Yay!

Everything.

With many relationships there's always some sort of compromise. Do I want the hot chick with no brains? The smart chick with no sense of humor? The funny chick that's boring in bed? The kinky chick who's ugly? And so on. But with Calix, there is no compromise.

She is everything I could ever want and more. There is nothing I have to give up with her. And she continues to surprise me day by day as I discover new treasures.

:animier:

...man...I was all depressive & manic...& we have this calender, to keep us all meeting our requirements from the world...well, they changed it around a couple of days, so that R~H~ can go to my Lodge with us for dinner :p ...in addition the the one downtown we are goin' to....& they did this, to support me in my 'cold-times'...that's fuckin' cool as shit...unexpected..certainly not necessary...

Oh...& they don't get mad when I play the 'crunk-musik':

...EVEN THE REMIXES! :jamin