Wildlife Photos I took

LulaLaRose

OMFG THAT FAWN! Everytime I get sad from now on I'm going to look at that little fawn with his beady eyes and all of my sadness will be washed away. His name is Phillip.

I take it you live somewhere where the deer just come waltzing up onto your property regularly?

OMFG THAT FAWN! Everytime I get sad from now on I'm going to look at that little fawn with his beady eyes and all of my sadness will be washed away. His name is Phillip.

I take it you live somewhere where the deer just come waltzing up onto your property regularly?

Awww...I am glad you like that little fawn. He was so precious standing there I had to take his picture. He makes me smile too. :) I did not see the mother around, but I have heard that sometimes when the mother needs to search for food she will leave her fawn in an area she feels will keep them camouflaged. Hence she left him on our property since the lawn had not been mowed in a while and we had those dandelions. lol! But she was likely close by so I could not get too close to the fawn, otherwise she may have come charging at me. It looks like I am close because of the settings on my camera and I zoomed in, but I was probably about 15 feet away or so.

We live in Milford and have about 3 1/2 acres of property, probably about a third of it being wooded. And we also are very close to a state park. We get herds of deer coming on to our property regularly.

Awww...I am glad you like that little fawn. He was so precious standing there I had to take his picture. He makes me smile too. :) I did not see the mother around, but I have heard that sometimes when the mother needs to search for food she will leave her fawn in an area she feels will keep them camouflaged. Hence she left him on our property since the lawn had not been mowed in a while and we had those dandelions. lol! But she was likely close by so I could not get too close to the fawn, otherwise she may have come charging at me. It looks like I am close because of the settings on my camera and I zoomed in, but I was probably about 15 feet away or so.

We live in Milford and have about 3 1/2 acres of property, probably about a third of it being wooded. And we also are very close to a state park. We get herds of deer coming on to our property regularly.

WoW. I wish I could talk nature into delivering my food right to my porch too. NOM NOM NOM

WoW. I wish I could talk nature into delivering my food right to my porch too. NOM NOM NOM

LOL! :biggrin: My husband says he would like to hunt them, that it would be so easy since they come here (part of the reason they come, especially in the fall, is that we have apple trees, and they eat the fallen apples). But there are certain rules here in Milford regarding shooting on your property. You can do it...but I think you need to check with your neighbors first, or you need to be a certain distance away or something like that. My husband said he would just use a crossbow instead of a shotgun. But he does not own a crossbow right now.

Although I am not opposed to hunting per se, I would prefer that our property be a "safe haven" for the animals. :wink I tell my husband he could go a mile or so down the road and hunt on the state park land if he wants. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...