Everyone keeps saying this but it's fine on mine. XD

Fine on mine too.

One thing I would like to see updated, is the "Mark forum as read" function, having that return us back to the index rather than keep us on the same page.

Another thing for your to do list - When clicking on links in posts, have them automatically open in a new window/tab like they used to.

New links should work that way now. Not all the previously posted links will open in a new tab/window due to how the rebuilding of old content works. (That is it takes forever, and times out and then I have to restart the process actually rebuilding all the old content with the updated settings would take like 10 hours, and I can't even just let it run, I have to sit at the computer and watch it and press buttons when it errors out gah)

Yes, my page is a mile wide, too! I thought perhaps it was my Firefox "zoom" setting gone awry, but apparently not!

Is it a mile wide as in, it looks bad and makes it difficult to read or is it just wider than in the past?

Just took a bit of adjusting. I'm all settled in, now. :)

:happy:

One thing I definitely don't like at this point is how quotes are handled within posts. They aren't distinct enough to stand out from the rest of the text like they used to be.

These quotes here seem indistinct?

Only complaint I have is that the messages run off of my screen so at least there is a scroll bar to use. Altho I liked it better when everything was formatted to fit the screen better. Other than that, it's looking good.

I've tested the board in all three of the big browsers (IE, FF and Chrome) I'm not seeing the "messages runoff" that you are experiencing. Is this still a problem as of right now, viewing the posts in this topic?

Friend just tried to sign up on my computer and got this message -

The following errors were found:

* Referred To DGN By: (This Field Is Private Only Visible To Admins): Cannot be left blank

Yeah that is a serious problem. Working on it now. Highest priority for me.

I retract all previous negative statements. I LOVE the new format, Troy!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The "insert media" option ROCKS!!!! Now, we can embed YouTube clips!

:biggrin:

Mah :bunny: does not work :(

Emoticons are fairly high on the list. Lot of other stuff to get to first though, unfortunately.

Waiting for a script to run... will try to comment on some more of the above.

I'm still having the page run off of the screen. I am using 1024x768 screen size on a 17in monitor.

Never mind. After I posted this the screen fixed itself so all is cool now.

Good. Interesting that it WAS a problem though. I did a lot of rebuilding of content scripts, maybe it blew out some dust from somewhere serendipitously.

:happydance:peanutbutterjellytime::bunny::cry:jamin

And so they return. Yay. What an usual pain it was to figure out why they weren't working. Obvious now that I know what the problem was.

Graphics volunteers? Fix up the halo's on the "bad" emoticons that have white around their edges? It takes a bit of work as just a PS filter wont do it (they'll look like poo)

Also would like to see this one here that jynxy used :

gallery_1079_828_1933.gif

converted. We've lacked a "single hug" emoticon for a long time.

Still looking into tons of stuff including a few questions above I've not been able to get to yet.

Friend just tried to sign up on my computer and got this message -

* Referred To DGN By: (This Field Is Private Only Visible To Admins): Cannot be left blank

Still working on this. Temporary fix is to just not require that field at all upon registration. It screws with the street team though (which is a core element of keeping DGN going) which cannot stand.

*back to the grindstone*

ok, I can edit all the emotes for you. I have nothing but time on my hands, dear one...

and as far as the single hug goes, how about converting the " *hug* " into that hugging one. that would be cool. :)

the width of the screen is now perfect. and I love the cloud image that everything floats on top of. So much more pretty to look at than the black from before. I love the new updates. :) Just PM me if you need anything. :)

also, I have a TON of emoticons in my photobucket, if you want them. :biggrin:

Edited by GothicRavenGoddess

These quotes here seem indistinct?

About an hour after I made my comment, things changed and they became as we currently see them. It could have been a glitch on my end or whatever... Problem solved. :-)

Edited by Msterbeau

I also have a HUGE collection of emoticons in one of my private gallery folders. If you would like, I can post many of them here, so they can be copied.

BTW, thanks for changing the colour of the "post edited" bar. It was looking like the equivalent of a dunce cap. :stuart:

yeah, me posting them here would do no good. I got almost 100 of em. lol

so when I'm done, I'll just post a link to them....

oh bloody hell... ya know what... every time I upload one, it puts it into a white box, and I donno why. :(

Troy, if you could delete that album, that would be great. I'll just upload them to my myspace. that should do it. :)

He now gets

Your answer to the challenge question was not valid. Please try again.

Frustrating I'm sure. I know that challenge question works (it's there to help cut down on spam bots along with being an addtional layer of "you understand the rules, right?") But, not knowing what is going on right now, and not having the time/energy to fix it I just removed it. People being unable to register is BAAAAAD. Very high proiroty thing to fix.

Lots of things to reply to above, but I need to go lay down for awhile,not feeling that great. Staying up till 6 am yesterday working on DGN and getting virtually no sleep probably isn't the best system in the world. *passes out*

Lots of things to reply to above, but I need to go lay down for awhile,not feeling that great. Staying up till 6 am yesterday working on DGN and getting virtually no sleep probably isn't the best system in the world. *passes out*

Yes please get some sleep!! Your health is still more important than the board!