Pole dancing

That lady was beyond good. I wish I could learn how to do that. It would be a challenge, but I would be willing to try.

That reminds me of something. If I remember correctly, it been awhile, in one of my past jobs a friend of mine was telling a bunch of us, about this lady. She either did pole dancing or wanted to learn pole dancing. We decided to go check this out. I do remember there were married ladies and ladies with boyfriends, who wanted to do this, to keep their relationship alive with passion. We never did what we planned though.

I could show you ladies a few things..provided someone has a vertical barre.

It's mostly knowing how to distribute your weight evenly through points of contact, knowing how to throw your own weight, and trusting your own grip. ;)

While I respect the amount of athleticism and coordination required for the moves she is demonstrating, either she's not much of a dancer, or whoever cut this together did her a disservice. I don't really see anything artistic or sensual about it, it's just one trick after another. I have seen pole dancing that was much more fluid and entertaining to watch.

It's mostly knowing how to distribute your weight evenly through points of contact, knowing how to throw your own weight, and trusting your own grip. ;)

Ahh, I see now. Thank you. That is sweet of you to offer. Don't have vertical barre yet. If I may, :grouphug

they did cut out the dance moves and are only showing the 'tricks'

there are do it yourself pole installation kits...(attach to a support beam)

and videos on it now, anyone can do it at home with practice

I have even seen one in a trailer...they are removable and have a small tiled area...where the pole goes

Hey I got one. Ya might be a redneck if...you have a dancer pole in the living area of your trailer home. :wink

they did cut out the dance moves and are only showing the 'tricks'

there are do it yourself pole installation kits...(attach to a support beam)

and videos on it now, anyone can do it at home with practice

I have even seen one in a trailer...they are removable and have a small tiled area...where the pole goes

Hey I got one. Ya might be a redneck if...you have a dancer pole in the living area of your trailer home. :wink

Ahh, good information. Thank you. :happy:

While I respect the amount of athleticism and coordination required for the moves she is demonstrating, either she's not much of a dancer, or whoever cut this together did her a disservice. I don't really see anything artistic or sensual about it, it's just one trick after another. I have seen pole dancing that was much more fluid and entertaining to watch.

I get the impression it was just meant to be a compedium of basic moves and not a complete routine.

• 2 weeks later...

When Val and I went to the Women's Show in Novi, we signed up to have a pole dancing party at our place. They still haven't contacted us back. Highly disappointing- as it was months ago. I'll look into having a pole dancing party at some point, but my house is smallish.

It's mostly knowing how to distribute your weight evenly through points of contact, knowing how to throw your own weight, and trusting your own grip. ;%29.gif

You and your swanky words. It's just a pole.

I took classes in Baltimore. I'll eventually do them here as well.