What made your day?

2 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

I know you do, because most people like playing dress up.  Technically I do it every day, and sometimes with PPE on (I even have a cowboy hardhat and steeltoe boots.) I think most other people do as well but only to fit in with society and hold a regular job.

As far as glasses on you go the ones in that last photo are great.  They say that if you have a round face to go with square and if you have a square jaw to go with round.  I wouldn't take my advice though because I look like an idiot in my cowboy hat and full length duster.  People can certainly pick me out of a crowd though, at a distance too.  This is good for friends but bad if I ever get targeted for a hit.

I have found this which allows you to try on different pairs virtually.  Have not tried it myself but it's an option.  I'm sure an internet search could pull up more but I'm in a slight hurry.  I also just thought of a slight cheat code.  You could use one of those "what celebrity do I look like" things and then look at what styles they wear.  Of course, you could also do the Elton John thing and switch them up regularly too.

But really wear what you like and do it with confidence.  No one is going to care except maybe other women wondering where you got those frames from (That's a Moonbeam City reference I don't have the time to look up, just watch the series it's great.  Sad it only got one season though.) As long as you like them that's really all that matters.  Best of luck in your search.

Yes, I do love the square. I'm excited. One step closer to being Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley 💚

6 hours ago, Queen of Foxes said:

I'm becoming my teenage hero 💚💚💚💚😍😍🌿

I'm becoming Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley 🍃 I hope I do become part plant MILF 

PSX_20230829_193934.jpg

PSX_20230826_190915.jpg

EY_25_-_Ivy.jpg

Poison_Ivy_0003.jpg

Shit I was so close too.  Wires in my mind got crossed and I thought it was Catwoman.  You'd think with all the DC media I've seen I'd have gotten that right.

Anyway those aren't exact, but exact probably wouldn't be as effective.  Having to look up or down is quite a pain when your vertical field of vision is restricted.   About the only good thing with contacts is you don't need to worry about that, but you lose the look and have to actually put them in your eye without poking yourself in it and hopefully they don't get lost in the lid etc...  Still bionic contacts powered by the salt in them sound cool too, but I think I'll stick to smart glasses (if those ever come back again.)  Speaking of comics there's only one pair of smart glasses that I'd really want, and good luck getting custom lenses:

fa3d20e04c078083df542b4d1486b9bc--jerusa

Also I'd want one way colors on them because I'm sure the anaglyphic colors would eventually screw up the rods or cones or whatever the hell it is that makes you see color (pretty sure it's the cones.)

I also thought this was neat, until you fall on your face or walk into something.  But ooh, magnets (never mind that ugly lens shape):

main-qimg-71a287f4d8013b970737f59246a48d

Belated as it happened on Friday and really is no big deal immediately.. but I'm getting quite better at buying the dip. Did my monthly SPHD buy and got some shares right at their lowest point this week at $41.05, it didn't drop a penny lower for this past week. A perfect dip buy is rare, and although it means fuck all for my ETF's long game really, it is good practice when my dividends get large enough to do more swing trading with.

I finally have all of my off-season dwarf tomato experiment growers lined up, and ready to collect their test seedlings, within the next several days. It has taken months, to plan this out, and set up! Some folks are getting  "Dwarf Adelaide Festival," and some are getting "Dwarf Rosella Purple" - and next month, we will be adding one of the new strains, that I've developed myself, to the lineup.

If you can't tell, plants are pretty much my life, now. I am such a luddite. 😅

On 9/2/2023 at 7:55 PM, jynxxxedangel said:

I finally have all of my off-season dwarf tomato experiment growers lined up, and ready to collect their test seedlings, within the next several days. It has taken months, to plan this out, and set up! Some folks are getting  "Dwarf Adelaide Festival," and some are getting "Dwarf Rosella Purple" - and next month, we will be adding one of the new strains, that I've developed myself, to the lineup.

If you can't tell, plants are pretty much my life, now. I am such a luddite. 😅

me too, really into gardening now

1 hour ago, gwen said:

had one nurse say

I will pray for you

did you ask me first

if I was an atheist?

nope.

you just

ASSumed...

now I am getting 

I got sacred messages from beyond that

everything is going to be ok

ya?

tell that to my doctor 

cause he says otherwise 

and that's

science.

I am sure everything will be OK for you...

your not sick!

and your mind will Ascribe meaning and purpose regardless of the outcome

because your always trying to find the

'spiritual'

in everything 

then we go past a chapel in the hospital 

the garden is more like it

they finally have nature areas now you can go sit in.

I find that much more healing/soothing.

and don't send those nurse nuns to my room

they aren't welcome.

Catholic (and all other religious) hospitals suck.

Also she'll pray for your even if you're an Atheist, because now she'll pray for you to find "god" and stop being an Atheist.

Reminds me of "mother Theresa".  She didn't really "save" anyone or ease their pain, she just brought them to god (brainwashed them) before they died.  Maybe they feel a little better about it, but they still died in agony.

2 hours ago, et-novum said:

Jewish Hospitals specifically do not. Back in the day, they were some of the only places who would treat anyone.

They're pretty good, though I wouldn't want to be a newborn in one.

(Honesty I think they respect parents wishes for that either way though anyway.)

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Slogo said:

I tried but size limits....

Those lights are eyeballs and the creepy doll is holding a bird

Screenshots_2023-09-27-04-40-21.png

Right click on the image "open in new tab"

CTRL+ scroll-wheel forward to zoom.

Any higher resolution and people might be able to read the shipping label on the box on the upper right, or whatever that is taped to the printer, or pined to the back wall.  Opsec is important which is why many places (especially with government contracts) don't allow any photography inside.

Looks lovely though.  I like what you did with the overhead bins too.

Also I meant the kid's photo, but that is good too.

Edited by Scary Guy

On 8/30/2023 at 2:19 AM, Scary Guy said:

Shit I was so close too.  Wires in my mind got crossed and I thought it was Catwoman.  You'd think with all the DC media I've seen I'd have gotten that right.

Anyway those aren't exact, but exact probably wouldn't be as effective.  Having to look up or down is quite a pain when your vertical field of vision is restricted.   About the only good thing with contacts is you don't need to worry about that, but you lose the look and have to actually put them in your eye without poking yourself in it and hopefully they don't get lost in the lid etc...  Still bionic contacts powered by the salt in them sound cool too, but I think I'll stick to smart glasses (if those ever come back again.)  Speaking of comics there's only one pair of smart glasses that I'd really want, and good luck getting custom lenses:

fa3d20e04c078083df542b4d1486b9bc--jerusa

Also I'd want one way colors on them because I'm sure the anaglyphic colors would eventually screw up the rods or cones or whatever the hell it is that makes you see color (pretty sure it's the cones.)

I also thought this was neat, until you fall on your face or walk into something.  But ooh, magnets (never mind that ugly lens shape):

main-qimg-71a287f4d8013b970737f59246a48d

Wow. That would be awesome for a photoshoot!