City and Necto no longer, for me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I've decided to no longer go to City Club, Necto...or any other club for that matter.

The cigarette smoke really messes with me, and I'm not happy with how the scene and people around me effect me.

I have met a lot of great people there, but I'd much rather prefer seeing them, and visiting with them in a more serene, and less toxic environment.

:|

I hope to get to see most of you in another setting.

I can totally understand that. As someone who has always had breathing issues my whole life, I was delighted to find that many bars/clubs/restaurants in the US are adopting the no-smoking policy inside the building. They provide good/comfortable smoking areas outdoors for those who want to smoke. CC will always be near/dear to my heart, but I do realize that if I limit my exposure to the highly smoky atmosphere, it helps my breathing immensely. There are times when I wish they could just open the CC roof like a drawbridge & totally air out the space, LOL!

Saturday night, I went to a club that was totally packed full of people, yet walked out without smelling like smoke. It was a mainstream type of club which isn't normally my thing, but the change of scenery definitely did me good. They had a very good ventilation system in there, but then again, that's what I would expect from a club of this caliber. ;) This is not a club I could afford to go to every week ($25 cover), but thanks to a friend of mine who Promotes for them, my friends & I all got in for free so we were able to check it out. ;)

There ARE many things you can do in Detroit area that are smoke free (& way cheaper than the above $25 cover, that was just an example, LOL) & I discovered a lot of them last year when I was touring around Detroit metro. If you want ideas, feel free to PM me & I can share with you. Life has so many possibilities & beautiful things out there & you definitely don't have to restrict yourself to just ONE club in Detroit. I fully respect your decision to branch out like this. :)

You know...I would if I could find an inexpensive one.

no doubt...hearses are sexy. xD

Yeah but you would be lucky if you find one cheap that doesn't need a lot of uptake. I got mine for $3000 in South Carolina. When I got it up here, it blew a head gasket. $11,000 later most of everything is replaced or fixed mechanically lol.

Yeah but you would be lucky if you find one cheap that doesn't need a lot of uptake. I got mine for $3000 in South Carolina. When I got it up here, it blew a head gasket. $11,000 later most of everything is replaced or fixed mechanically lol.

I got mine for 1,500 and she's still going strong. Yours just sucked because you didn't get it locally and test drive it with a mechanic first. Glad you turned it around though.