What are you about to go do?

Oh_My_Goth

1 minute ago, TronRP said:

Made it back in before the automotive shift change.

~~~~~

About to review my list to see what's next...and then probably take a little nap...or get to work. I'll have to play it by ear.

19 hours ago, TronRP said:

Getting ready to head out to do an end of season yard wrap up and go from there. 

~~~~~

Well, that took longer than expected.  Just go in around 4am.  About to get cleaned up and hit the hay.

About to head back out in a bit to pull stuff out to the curb.  Also have to move all of the vehicles since we just received a notification:

"GENTLE REMINDER: According to City Ordinances, parking on the lawn or any unpaved areas of a residential lot is not permitted. More info: https://shorturl.at/qruJ4"

Really gives credence that feeling that we are just renting the land that we live on legally through illegal means.

19 hours ago, TronRP said:

About to head back out in a bit to pull stuff out to the curb.  Also have to move all of the vehicles since we just received a notification:

"GENTLE REMINDER: According to City Ordinances, parking on the lawn or any unpaved areas of a residential lot is not permitted. More info: https://shorturl.at/qruJ4"

Really gives credence that feeling that we are just renting the land that we live on legally through illegal means.

What a crock of shit.  How about it's your land and you can do as you please with it.  My friend has a side lot next to his building that he parks on all the time.  It's behind a fence though so maybe that helps.  Probably also helps he's Jewish so he can afford to fight any tickets with some good lawyers.

Edited by Scary Guy

3 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

What a crock of shit.  How about it's your land and you can do as you please with it.  My friend has a side lot next to his building that he parks on all the time.  It's behind a fence though so maybe that helps.  Probably also helps he's Jewish so he can afford to fight any tickets with some good lawyers.

~~~~~

Technically, as we are 5th generations Cree and Black Feet, we have more rights to the land than the laws that are "governing" the land. 

😆

My entire life, we have parked next to our house, on an unpaved surface without issue.  No ordinances were being enforced until they gentrified Kercheval to Mt. Elliott, 2 years ago, and started letting development companies buy up land in downtown Detroit.  So these ordinances just went (back?) into effect and only apply if you live within the actual City limits.

Outer Drive was Old Detroit.  8-Mile is current Detroit.  So if someone doesn't know if they live in Detroit or not, check and see if your public bus transportation is DDOT (Detroit Department of Transportation) or SMART (everywhere else).  If you can flag down a DOT, you live in Detroit and the above situation currently applies to you.

On 11/11/2023 at 4:04 AM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Technically, as we are 5th generations Cree and Black Feet, we have more rights to the land than the laws that are "governing" the land.

😆

Yeah, technically you only have as many privileges as the government is willing to give you, no matter how native you are.  If the government doesn't care then all you can do is take it to court and hope they see things your way.

1 hour ago, torn asunder said:

dude, really? :verymad:

What?  I tell no lies.  So he's got wealth and is connected, is that such a bad thing?

20 hours ago, TronRP said:

About to get ready to chauffeur to the DMC.

~~~~~

Turned into a very long day of taking care of various responsibilities.  Just got back in around 2am.  Got cleaned up and now I'm about to take a break before I'm needed again. 

2 hours ago, torn asunder said:

the statement by itself is racist. if the person has enough money to afford a lawyer, you could have just said so, their being jewish had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I mean it certainly doesn't hurt since he also knows good lawyers (hence the connected part.) Also he isn't rich, but he makes a modest living and certainly isn't poor.  I suppose compared to most of the world he is though.

His cultural and religious identity is important to him so I mentioned it.  I love how you instantly went to a negative place with it though as if just mentioning the word is a bad thing, and I'm sorry if you took it as such.

Obviously we don't really agree on the whole religion thing, but we're both respectful of each other's beliefs.  Him and his wife are my only real orthodox friends though.  Most of my Jewish friends are pretty secular.