Hey, I just signed up for an account here. I had one, I think, for a little while when this board first started but let it lapse. I finally have some free time this summer so I thought I'd check it out again.

A little about me: I live with my boyfriend and two cats near the Detroit Medical Center,

I'm an undergraduate at Wayne State going for my Bachelor's of Science in Psychology, with a minor in Philosophy. I want to go to graduate school for primatology.

I spend most of my time "working" (I don't actually get paid) in various labs, and am currently trying to set up a study in Brazil next summer for my senior thesis, studying deception behavior in capuchin monkeys.

Most of my free time is spent watching really bad movies on tivo :grin

Welcome

and I can totally apreciate your use of free time :grin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bad movies are the best :grin

My favorite excuse for watching tivo when I should be studying is that it actually helps my grades because I cease all thinking for a couple hours and in turn recharge...

My favorite excuse for watching tivo when I should be studying is that it actually helps my grades because I cease all thinking for a couple hours and in turn recharge...

I am the same way... no one else seemed to understand though...

I am the same way... no one else seemed to understand though...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah, I used that excuse when I was taking my Kant class and working on my term paper. People laughed at me but I actually got a good grade on it, which was no small feat for that class :wink

I think sometimes when you're doing a task that's very mentally exhausting that you get to the point where continuing to work is just counter-productive so doing something relaxing is the best thing you can do...

Kant huh?  Do enough 'thought experiments' for your lifetime?    ....er, I guess maybe you weren't doing his morals system like I was.  Nevermind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah, yeah I definitely did. The class was on Critique of Pure Reason, though I actually liked his ethics better when I took it in my intro to ethics class. The Kant class was a really good experience though, in terms of the mental discipline, and it's helping me a lot in my advanced applied stats class that I'm taking presently...

Howdy, Welcome =)

*drum roll*

SDGNWQPS ™ ©

the Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.5b

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already.  We are just friendly, if a bit nosey.  And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed.  :laughing

Current location?

Where from?

Work?

School?

Kids?

Married?

Single? 

Hobbies?

Other Stuff?

Threads of interest / biography nature:

How did you hear about DGN?

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?showtopic=1401

Where did your DGN name come from?:

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?showtopic=1148

If you live close enough, are old enough (18+ for City Club) and/or are ever in town you  may want to check out "DGN Night" on saturdays. (two pinned topics near the top, one for "whos going" the other for "who went last week?".

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of Polls:

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?showforum=16

And we can always use help finding new friendly people for the board, if you know any help us out and drag em on over.  :wink

Hey, I just signed up for an account here. I had one, I think, for a little while when this board first started but let it lapse. I finally have some free time this summer so I thought I'd check it out again.

A little about me: I live with my boyfriend and two cats near the Detroit Medical Center,

I'm an undergraduate at Wayne State going for my Bachelor's of Science in Psychology, with a minor in Philosophy. I want to go to graduate school for primatology.

I spend most of my time "working" (I don't actually get paid) in various labs, and am currently trying to set up a study in Brazil next summer for my senior thesis, studying deception behavior in capuchin monkeys.

Most of my free time is spent watching really bad movies on tivo  :grin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HEY!!!!!!!!! You and I should carpool! I live right next to the church, St. Josaphat's. I mean literally right next to it, in the rectory.

Howdy,  Welcome =)

*drum roll*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To answer some of the questions I didn't cover in my intro:

Where from? Pennsylvania originally, I've kind of lived all over the U.S. though (California, Arizona, Texas, various parts of the midwest, etc.)

Work? Lab rat, basically. I'm a research assistant in a cognitive neuroscience lab studying the effects of aging on the brain. I'm also developing my senior thesis, which is going to be on primate social behavior. I'm looking at the Detroit Zoo but may wind up doing it in Manaus,Brazil next summer if I can get all my clearances. I also volunteer as the secretary for psi chi (the national honor society in psychology) where I do a lot of stuff like process memberships, maintain the mailing list and various administrative type stuff.

Kids? No kids and not married--though I live with my boyfriend who I've been with for about five years

Hobbies? Watching movies, I also like to read a lot, and I spend a lot of time writing

Other Stuff? I think that's about it =)