My Flesh Suspension

TheGimp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know someone who does the sundance ritual. Women lose blood and go through pain in childbirth...only men in his tribe do this ritual. Its their way of showing honor to the goddess for all she does...evening the score so to speak...in fact he met his wife at his first suspension and a yr later they were there with their 1st daughter...he hangs at Doctor Bobs (drummings) if you ever want to chat with him...its at 7 mile and woodward and his name is Ricardo

I was just going to say-- this reminds me of the sun dance. ;)

A traditional fasting, sweat, and smudge (in the tradition of the First Peoples) would probably make the best of your suspensions.

actually, i think he was talking about waiting on you to post the pic i was talking about. :p you should post it. its a great pic of you lol... you look totally caught off guard, but its a good pic. lol

iam not postin that pic only u and troy wanna see it thats not enough ppl...i look to goofy anyway >.<

I was just going to say-- this reminds me of the sun dance. ;)

A traditional fasting, sweat, and smudge (in the tradition of the First Peoples) would probably make the best of your suspensions.

it sounds interesting after i build up a tolernce if really like to try this

thats pretty cool HH id have to be really messed up to do somthin like that obviousely not drunk cuz it thins out the blood but somthin else like the pyotie or sumthin along those lines

Nope...your natural endorphins are all you need....I don't even think that the Shaman would let you do that..

(I would NOT.) Peyote is NOT a pain killer...& the Sundance is FAR to much of a Sacred thing to DULL the feeling with anything...what would be the serious fucking point...? to go through the ritual & MISS PART! :nut

You know...you HAVE to do it to be a Brave in the tribes that it is practiced in...it is a RITE OF PASSAGE...a way to say thanx & give praise...& prove your WILL lies in this wholesome direction...if you do NOT do it (in that Tribe I forget which one...{there ARE MANY}) you will not get a really good wife...or you may not get a wife at all... :shock: MOST boys did it ;)....kinda' like Baptism & Confirmation...but NOT REALLY.

They will fast for a day or so (I have heard up to 3 days..but that sounds crazy TO ME!)...they sweat lodge you for the last 6 hours or so...the presiding Shaman cuts your chest with a dried claw of some huge bird (I think an Eagle?) & so that there's 2 slits on each chest...& then he puts sticks or bones through the wounds...there's a loop of animal sinew (what they used for rope...but it don't break)...they put the sticks in & hoist you up...they tap your foot...you SPIN...wooo!...woah...wait up...NOW.....they spin you...whilst you spin!....proof the Anchients KNEW the Earth was not only round...but also revolves around the Sun? :shock:

NOTE: By the time you GET to being cut...you are friekin' out from the eleven-teen chemicals your body makes to keep you standing up...the PAIN is not the "scary" part...I think it is the healing (let alone if your flesh ain't strong enough)..

My prior knowledge of the use of this ritual I why I am not want to indulge in PUBLIC suspension myself...seems to be more spectacle & endorphin abuse than a Spiritual matter...

.....I have NEVER heard of someone (EVER) staying hanging till their flesh RIPS on purpose...I think that is a fallacy...& it seems to me it would be BAD MOJO in a very serious way...& probably leaves grievous wound. That would be ALMOST as absurd as taking drugs to blur out such a beautiful ritual.

Nope...your natural endorphins are all you need....I don't even think that the Shaman would let you do that..

(I would NOT.) Peyote is NOT a pain killer...& the Sundance is FAR to much of a Sacred thing to DULL the feeling with anything...what would be the serious fucking point...? to go through the ritual & MISS PART! :nut

You know...you HAVE to do it to be a Brave in the tribes that it is practiced in...it is a RITE OF PASSAGE...a way to say thanx & give praise...& prove your WILL lies in this wholesome direction...if you do NOT do it (in that Tribe I forget which one...{there ARE MANY}) you will not get a really good wife...or you may not get a wife at all... :shock: MOST boys did it ;)....kinda' like Baptism & Confirmation...but NOT REALLY.

They will fast for a day or so (I have heard up to 3 days..but that sounds crazy TO ME!)...they sweat lodge you for the last 6 hours or so...the presiding Shaman cuts your chest with a dried claw of some huge bird (I think an Eagle?) & so that there's 2 slits on each chest...& then he puts sticks or bones through the wounds...there's a loop of animal sinew (what they used for rope...but it don't break)...they put the sticks in & hoist you up...they tap your foot...you SPIN...wooo!...woah...wait up...NOW.....they spin you...whilst you spin!....proof the Anchients KNEW the Earth was not only round...but also revolves around the Sun? :shock:

NOTE: By the time you GET to being cut...you are friekin' out from the eleven-teen chemicals your body makes to keep you standing up...the PAIN is not the "scary" part...I think it is the healing (let alone if your flesh ain't strong enough)..

My prior knowledge of the use of this ritual I why I am not want to indulge in PUBLIC suspension myself...seems to be more spectacle & endorphin abuse than a Spiritual matter...

.....I have NEVER heard of someone (EVER) staying hanging till their flesh RIPS on purpose...I think that is a fallacy...& it seems to me it would be BAD MOJO in a very serious way...& probably leaves grievous wound. That would be ALMOST as absurd as taking drugs to blur out such a beautiful ritual.

:jamin

Preach on Brother Rev

True enough...it seems cool but many of these rituals are being confused with COOL rather than having MEANING!

There are a few peoples that do the ritual pulling until skin tears. There are very few tribes that do it...but there are some. They show their dedication by pulling sacred objects through the streets with their flesh while other nutty individuals dance with smaller sacred objects hanging from piercings. Tearing isn't always the main point but...it does happen.

Public suspension can still have meaning. Just because there is no common "right" behind the persons action does not mean that it is all in vain. Many in the Madison crew take it as a way to prove themselves...other do it their own little right of passage. I do not think you intent there was to say that public suspension are stupid, but I feel that with this subject people either give the action TOO MUCH credit or TOO LITTLE credit.

I really do not like to mock or abuse any sort of ritual no matter what religion it is from...that is bad karma no matter what religion you follow. However, I still want to suspend because of many personal reasons. It is true that I have made it this far in my education, know more than before, and could probably land a very nice job. But, even with all that I feel lacking in many areas. People never really liked me in high school and everything I did seemed not to affect them at all. I was the first freshman in my class to earn a Letter. I did that by wrestling on the varsity squad. People still treated my like a slacker. Now, even though many people come to me for help on things I never really get any sort of thank you or even a tip of the hat. Nothing anyone has done, save for my parents, has told me that I have done anything good/right. For some damn reason I feel like suspension can bring that to me. Besides the fact that I really want to do it anyways I want to somehow prove to myself that I can do something.

Now, that could be a really shitty reason for doing suspension...but I will stick to it. I just think that behind some of the people that do suspension that is not part of a ritual there is an underlying motivator that is a driving force for them.

But...thats just my $0.02...

True enough...it seems cool but many of these rituals are being confused with COOL rather than having MEANING!

There are a few peoples that do the ritual pulling until skin tears. There are very few tribes that do it...but there are some. They show their dedication by pulling sacred objects through the streets with their flesh while other nutty individuals dance with smaller sacred objects hanging from piercings. Tearing isn't always the main point but...it does happen.

Public suspension can still have meaning. Just because there is no common "right" behind the persons action does not mean that it is all in vain. Many in the Madison crew take it as a way to prove themselves...other do it their own little right of passage. I do not think you intent there was to say that public suspension are stupid, but I feel that with this subject people either give the action TOO MUCH credit or TOO LITTLE credit.

I really do not like to mock or abuse any sort of ritual no matter what religion it is from...that is bad karma no matter what religion you follow. However, I still want to suspend because of many personal reasons. It is true that I have made it this far in my education, know more than before, and could probably land a very nice job. But, even with all that I feel lacking in many areas. People never really liked me in high school and everything I did seemed not to affect them at all. I was the first freshman in my class to earn a Letter. I did that by wrestling on the varsity squad. People still treated my like a slacker. Now, even though many people come to me for help on things I never really get any sort of thank you or even a tip of the hat. Nothing anyone has done, save for my parents, has told me that I have done anything good/right. For some damn reason I feel like suspension can bring that to me. Besides the fact that I really want to do it anyways I want to somehow prove to myself that I can do something.

Now, that could be a really shitty reason for doing suspension...but I will stick to it. I just think that behind some of the people that do suspension that is not part of a ritual there is an underlying motivator that is a driving force for them.

But...thats just my $0.02...

..I was strictly referring to the Sundance...I know of the dances you speak of also...there's 1 central theme no matter what religious ceremony the local peoples tie to it...the transcendence of the physicality.

To right..& no..I would NOT say everything about a scene is "stupid" on the 'cause of SOME events...BUT...I have had several acquaintances & a couple of friends that got into this...they got addicted to the chem-drop & the attention peoples gave them at shows/clubs...SERIOUSLY...they talk about it with the same gleam as an X-head or a junkie...ALL THE FERVOR.

Like your LAST line sais...& I have to :clap: for that statement! :jamin

Oh...I'll do it...but the piercers want more cash if it is not at a show...& I have some things workin' right now that have me extra cash all tied up....I might just build one of those contraptions for O_M_G to hang peoples on (after we get a REAL house)...& she can do me up...I know peoples that have these skills...they will share their Knowledge with us...

Yeah...SOME of those peoples are referred to in the RED up there ;).....your reason seems PRETTY Ritualistic ;) a "personal rite of passage"...something that..when you have accomplished then you can feel oK patting yourself on the back...as long as you do not think it makes you a Chief... ;)

..I was strictly referring to the Sundance...I know of the dances you speak of also...there's 1 central theme no matter what religious ceremony the local peoples tie to it...the transcendence of the physicality.

To right..& no..I would NOT say everything about a scene is "stupid" on the 'cause of SOME events...BUT...I have had several acquaintances & a couple of friends that got into this...they got addicted to the chem-drop & the attention peoples gave them at shows/clubs...SERIOUSLY...they talk about it with the same gleam as an X-head or a junkie...ALL THE FERVOR.

Like your LAST line sais...& I have to :clap: for that statement! :jamin

Oh...I'll do it...but the piercers want more cash if it is not at a show...& I have some things workin' right now that have me extra cash all tied up....I might just build one of those contraptions for O_M_G to hang peoples on (after we get a REAL house)...& she can do me up...I know peoples that have these skills...they will share their Knowledge with us...

Yeah...SOME of those peoples are referred to in the RED up there ;).....your reason seems PRETTY Ritualistic ;) a "personal rite of passage"...something that..when you have accomplished then you can feel oK patting yourself on the back...as long as you do not think it makes you a Chief... ;)

I completely understand what you are saying about the junkies. Sadly, everything becomes their prey at some point in time...I consider them a parasite that infects every aspect of society. I do my best to keep focused on the real points while ignoring them...which is hard to do considering they are up there to GET attention.

I am actually in the works of making my own rig to hang from because I now have the fabrication skills and material skills to make such a thing. I want to make mine out of carbon fiber too...VERY strong and more fun to work with! I also know what you mean with the funds and all...trying to buy an airplane right now which is not exactly cheap...

My friends also tend to call me Big Chief...but that is more of a joke about me being the only person at deer camp with a mohawk and a peace pipe...

I would have to say that even though I can fast with the best of them...I am no match for the intensity of that ritual...at least not right now...

i know none a this is really directed twoards me with that your saying that people mainly doing it for attention and the high you get off the endorphins...

i really didn't do it for those reasons i did it mainly as you said i did it for spiritual purposes and see how far i can push my body and mind i don't even really acknowledge the crowed when i hang i just go into my zone and i feel very peaceful and happy that's why half the time my head is hanging down and my eyes are closed the sundance sounds very interesting to me however i would love to do that i dont think i would be 'allowed' however iam not sure iam sure you would know better then i but it would be an amazing experience to do FOR MYSELF and no one else

i know none a this is really directed twoards me with that your saying that people mainly doing it for attention and the high you get off the endorphins...

i really didn't do it for those reasons i did it mainly as you said i did it for spiritual purposes and see how far i can push my body and mind i don't even really acknowledge the crowed when i hang i just go into my zone and i feel very peaceful and happy that's why half the time my head is hanging down and my eyes are closed the sundance sounds very interesting to me however i would love to do that i dont think i would be 'allowed' however iam not sure iam sure you would know better then i but it would be an amazing experience to do FOR MYSELF and no one else

You are correct...except the tiny green bit in my first point ;) way up there...in post #60.

THAT...was expressly to you...& I delineated the rites (to my slight Knowledge) for everyone of course...

..& I know your motivations...I'm crazy....I don't have the amnesia ;)

You are correct...except the tiny green bit in my first point ;) way up there...in post #60.

THAT...was expressly to you...& I delineated the rites (to my slight Knowledge) for everyone of course...

..& I know your motivations...I'm crazy....I don't have the amnesia ;)

AH i gotcha well i would to try to experience that but i highly dought i would be excepted to do that experience it would be nice however very nice...and i can understand your view points of not wanting to be on display however as you said i dont akknoiwlage anyone aside from the person holding my line i tune out everyone else cuz well i dont really care that there there now dont get me wrong the freinds i have are the only ones getting the akwloagemnt IE TWB Spook and everyone else that shows up to show support

Archived