Darkened Metal

DarkenedCharm

Alright, people...Here is a link to hear two songs from my last band.

A bit of an explanation:

"Hammergods" - I wrote the music, and our singer wrote the lyrics. I am the guitar in (It should be at least...) your left speaker. Whichever guitar starts the song and plays the solo is me.

"Last Man Alive" - This is a cover song we played every now and then by an old-school Thrash band called Whiplash. This particular recording came from our set opening for Satyricon back in December. I am the guitar playing the solo in this one as well. Please keep in mind that this recording was made through the soundboard at the club, and they had no crowd mikes hooked up. There were roughly 800 people there, but you can't hear any of them. Still, it kicks ass if I do say so myself.

Anyone that does NOT like this...PLEASE do not say you do. that kinda thing offends me more than anything. LOL Just be honest, and I am fine with it. Enjoy.

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=12663

i can dig some black metal. not a huge fan, but its cool.

i like hammergods. got a sorta metallica/megadeth sound to it. :jamin

last man was a little harder to hear on my CPU.

i dont know d!ck all about music, but it sounds ok to me (yer song was better than the cover though, IMO).

rawkin! :jamin

Im interested in a LOT more opinions than what the view count would lead me to believe have actually listened. LOL At first glance, one would think you and Paradox are the only two that have checked it out. LOL

I want to thank YOU TWO for YOUR opinions, anyway. :tongue: :laughing

Ok, you asked for honesty so your getting it :wink Hammergods was a fuckin wicked song, and the whiplash cover was good and all but the vocals rubbed me the wrong way - i dunno if it was the sound quality or thats actually how you guys wanted it to sound like that. Some bands like that in their recordings. All in all - rock on pal and I'll defiently come out to a show! \m/

Ok, you asked for honesty so your getting it  :wink  Hammergods was a fuckin wicked song, and the whiplash cover was  good and all but the vocals rubbed me the wrong way - i dunno if it was the sound quality or thats actually how you guys wanted it to sound like that.  Some bands like that in their recordings.  All in all - rock on pal and I'll defiently come out to a show! \m/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The vocal style is a characteristic of Black Metal. If you take a listen to any number of bands from the Black Metal genre, the vocals are extremely similar in almost every band, from Cradle of Filth to Dimmu Borgir, to Marduk, Mayhem, Satyricon. I get the same criticism from a lot of people not familiar with Black Metal, but there you go.

BTW - Please don't take my reply as anything other than infomative. I totally understand if you are not into the vocals. The Black Metal genre as a whole is not one that everyone can fully get into.

Yea I knew about that thats why I said I wasnt sure if thats what you where going for - I personally dont like that sound from any black metal band cuz it bugs me that I cannot hear everything - BUT He just iches for the shit lol Everything vinyl for him (better quality) Some bands get that noise by sheer shitty recording when they arent even trying :wink

• 2 weeks later...

i must say hammergods is a very very clear production. whoever produced this album has some real tallent.

the singer reminds me a lot of tvangeste, except that band has operatic backing vocals.... im going to save this thou, as this is just VERY kick ass

Dang...tried to reply but it got lost in the Cybervoid....

Darkend I listened to the first song. It's pretty cool. I like your drummer and the way you panned the guitars left and right in the mix - it keeps it from sounding like a big wall of mud. Sometimes bands go for so much "heavy" in tuning down and lo-fi'ing the mix but yours sounds crisp. The only thing I dont like is the Vox. First - because your singer sounds like he's trying to be Dani Filth from Cradle, and second, because these types of Vocals always just distract me or bug me.... you cant really make out the lyrics and I feel like somone is trying to sound scary or evil and I've been around too long for all that. I'm probably just an old fart (38) because growing up on Zepplin.... I miss the melody woven in with the heavy stuff. To me heavy was always an attitude - not a drop D tuning or Death Vocals. But aside from that - you boys definately have talent and sound pretty tite. And the production is suprisingly good for a home made (is it??) recording.

Good luck to ya.

Steven

Archived