My mother has a brain tumor

Nienna

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a totally self serving post I guess... I feel kind of guilty about it, but I need to talk about it... so here it is.

My mother was diagnosed with frontal lobe brain tumor today. She goes into surgery tomorrow morning, I think just for a biopsy but maybe to remove it. It is the size of a golf ball. They don't know if it's cancer or not

She's my best friend. Seriously. Please pray, or light a candle or just send good thoughts.

Has anyone experienced this with a loved one who may be able to help me know what to expect?

Seems like everyones healths going to shit first my grandfather had heart problems now I just read this. I'll say a prayer for u Nienna.

Dave

Update: Mom got snowed in and didn't make it to the hospital until mid afternoon so she had her tests and MRI last night. She's been admitted to the hospital and will be in surgery Monday AM to undergo a biopsy and then (hopefully) surgery to remove the tumor after the biopsy results come in. They know now that it is in her left frontal lobe, possibly in or affecting the Pituitary Gland and it is at least the size of a softball. Part of it may be visible and part deeper in the brain. SO.... Monday is going to be one hell of a waiting game, but we're all trying to stay positive. X/Mas hospital style. *sigh*

Thanks for all of your stories, support and well wishes everyone. It REALLY does make me feel much better! :)

Update: Mom got snowed in and didn't make it to the hospital until mid afternoon so she had her tests and MRI last night. She's been admitted to the hospital and will be in surgery Monday AM to undergo a biopsy and then (hopefully) surgery to remove the tumor after the biopsy results come in. They know now that it is in her left frontal lobe, possibly in or affecting the Pituitary Gland and it is at least the size of a softball. Part of it may be visible and part deeper in the brain. SO.... Monday is going to be one hell of a waiting game, but we're all trying to stay positive. X/Mas hospital style. *sigh*

Thanks for all of your stories, support and well wishes everyone. It REALLY does make me feel much better! :)

Is there anything you need?

Guest Megalicious

I hope that her surgery goes well, if their is anything you need don't hesitate to let me know. You and your family will be in my thoughts. :grouphug

...more Blessings...

many blessings to you and your mother in this time

Update:

Mom had her surgery today. It went VERY well, and she is totally herself and already feeling better. I spent quite awhile with her this afternoon and am feeling rather relieved.

The tumor ended up being the size of a medium apple, but elongated. They were able to remove most of it but had to leave some of it along one of the ventricles in her brain to avoid damage. We don't have the pathology report yet but the doctor feels it is malignant and is a Stage 3 or 4 tumor.

She'll have chemo and radiation for about 6 weeks and we'll hope for the best. Not the greatest outcome but she came through this first obstacle very well so everyone is feeling cheerful and hopeful.

Update:

Mom had her surgery today. It went VERY well, and she is totally herself and already feeling better. I spent quite awhile with her this afternoon and am feeling rather relieved.

The tumor ended up being the size of a medium apple, but elongated. They were able to remove most of it but had to leave some of it along one of the ventricles in her brain to avoid damage. We don't have the pathology report yet but the doctor feels it is malignant and is a Stage 3 or 4 tumor.

She'll have chemo and radiation for about 6 weeks and we'll hope for the best. Not the greatest outcome but she came through this first obstacle very well so everyone is feeling cheerful and hopeful.

:grouphug

My thoughts are with you.

Update:

Hoping for the best for both of you . :grouphug

STILL waiting for pathology report. Mom is pissed because she's cooped up on the Neurology and stroke ward and feels fine. I guess she's up and around and at almost normal activity levels already. She is having some weird swelling in her right eye, but the doctors think it's normal and should resolve soon. Then she'll be going home, hopefully by X-Mas!

I'm feeling really relieved, but I'd like a prognosis so I can prepare mentally a bit for what's to come. Ya know?

STILL waiting for pathology report. Mom is pissed because she's cooped up on the Neurology and stroke ward and feels fine. I guess she's up and around and at almost normal activity levels already. She is having some weird swelling in her right eye, but the doctors think it's normal and should resolve soon. Then she'll be going home, hopefully by X-Mas!

I'm feeling really relieved, but I'd like a prognosis so I can prepare mentally a bit for what's to come. Ya know?

Hang in there. And when you know the prognosis, let us know what we can do to help. :grouphug

Will do, though really just knowing so many people are pulling for her really seems to make her feel confident.

Well, I'm presuming that you're cut from the same same stock as your Mom. And knowing the strength in you, is enough for me to believe she has the same strength necessary to conquer this. I have a strong feeling she will be fine. :grouphug

Archived