Your dream hair color...

Eevee

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to dye my hair blue soon...after I discuss it with my boss.

I was Christmas shopping and came around these dyes available on this website...do you think its a good price? And that I should only buy the one? Or that it'll work (like they say)?

And...what shade?

rofl

http://www.amaltheasattic.com/catalog/prod...products_id=320

i was wondering if they have a glow in the dark dye yet for hair i think i would look sweet with glowing hair like a radioactive mutant

With that said, I will take black, UV yellow, and UV green, since I am totally 100% unpredicable with my color choices.

That is NOT true!!!!!

Not the stuff from my work anyway.

...YUP...I drink that shit CONSTANTLY...

........BUT...I have a REAL GOOD source that said.....if you make the coloidial silvers in your garage...

THEN...the molecules of silver will be too large...

THEN...your skin WILL turn BLUE...& it DOES NOT FADE!

...O_M_G is gonna' let ME turn blue one day!

I would love rainbow hair :)

Although I LOVED LOVED LOVED my red and black. BUT it was just a pain for me to touch up and deal with.

I did bleach out my front again and threw some pink in there. I think it looks really good on me that way. BUT I need a pink that will actually be pink and fucking stay for more then 2 washes. Any ideas? I used manic panic but I forget which shade.

What someone needs to develop is the hair equivalent of DuPont's Prismatic paint job for cars. It's different colors depending on the angle at which one sees it. Now that would f-ing rule!

I'll see if I can find an example on youtube. back in a bit!

update: and here we are...

Edited by SpammerOvTheGods

I would love rainbow hair :)

Although I LOVED LOVED LOVED my red and black. BUT it was just a pain for me to touch up and deal with.

I did bleach out my front again and threw some pink in there. I think it looks really good on me that way. BUT I need a pink that will actually be pink and fucking stay for more then 2 washes. Any ideas? I used manic panic but I forget which shade.

"adore"...OR...you can mix a bit of 20-weight developer into the manic (1 part developer to 2 parts dye...when I do it)..

...& put your hairdryer on it for the half hour it is in...

(don't leave it in to long...it'll burn)...the same applies to any veggie based dyes...

I have in the past been out of developer...& just dried the hell out of manic panic until it was nearly dry...(or dry.)

• 1 month later...

I didn't feel like making a new topic.

But recently...I've been getting really anxious with my hair.

I've been wanting to dye it a weird color SUPER bad. Rev convinced me to dye it electric blue on top and dark green underneath...but I had to check with my work.

Ends up I can only have "natural" hair colors and can't wear hats nor scarves to hide it.

:cry

I'm REALLY bummed out.

So...until I can dye my hair what I want to dye it... ( :crybaby: ) I began contemplating other colors.

I've gotten away with red and black hair at work already so...

I was thinking of dyeing it black with a bit of blonde/white.

Similar to this...

Red and black again?

A more vibrant red...?

Or just all black...?

Gyaaa!

:X

• 8 months later...

I finally did it! I now have blue hairz! :laugh:

The blonde highlights automatically made it darker and lighter in spots. Annnnd...my friend is supposed to cut my hair too...but I think she's too tired. *shrugs*

Picture46.jpg

Picture48.jpg

Picture49.jpg

Fun! I don't think these photos are doing it justice, though. :-)

What kind of dye did you use to get that vibrant blue, Eevee? Last time I tried to do blue it didn't come out nearly that blue. I didn't bleach it before, either. Kinda afraid to bleach my hair, did it once and it was like brittle horse hair after that...

What kind of dye did you use to get that vibrant blue, Eevee? Last time I tried to do blue it didn't come out nearly that blue. I didn't bleach it before, either. Kinda afraid to bleach my hair, did it once and it was like brittle horse hair after that...

You HAVE to bleach it almost to pure white if you want vibrant colors. The darker it is, the less vibrant it will turn out. Think about if you painted water colors on a dark canvas. You won't see them much. On white, they're bright. Dyes are translucent so it's the same effect..

You HAVE to bleach it almost to pure white if you want vibrant colors. The darker it is, the less vibrant it will turn out. Think about if you painted water colors on a dark canvas. You won't see them much. On white, they're bright. Dyes are translucent so it's the same effect..

Hair advice from a bald guy haha just kidding :p Well then is there a way to bleach without trashing hair? I've only done it once but it fried the shit out of my hair. Not to mention breakage every time I got in the shower.