Dire Need!!

FarrIL

Alright, so with the release of the movie "White Noise" onto DVD, and my hearing a ghost's quote from the movie, I remembered hearing that same voice on a JKCinema flick about Urban Legends.

Now, I love horror flicks and am always in the mood for a good spook, however, I've never really followed through with trying to come up with an idea myself.

So, I am asking for a bit of help.

I want to write a story (( or do a comic book )) that revolves around mainly getting the sh*t scared out of not only the viewers but even the writer/artist. I want to write a story about ghosts, or the paranormal, or Urban legends, or mixing sick and twisted themes like those portrayed in "Saw" or Velvet Acid Christ's "Pretty Toy" video.

But, I dont know where to start. What do I FOCUS on? I was thinking about it focusing on this brother-sister duo that ran a library focusing on New Age areas and they spent their time helping out others in their search for the truth on whether or not a building was haunted. Mind you, everyone gets the crap scared out of them and each haunted establishment brings about new horrors, new spooks and new outlooks.

But I also wanted to add paranormality to the story, like someone in the group of friends associated with the brother and sister has an ability to tune into the establishment and be able to describe events that took place. This story would also play on Urban Legends....... thank you Snopes.com

So, anybody have any suggestions?

WHEE!! Group project!! ;D

And yes, credit would go to the creator of any urban legend I havent heard of as well. I wont take someone's idea for my own and if one idea pops into my head that sounds like someone else's, I can fix mine. ;3

Keep ideas coming!!

Exactly what is it that you're looking for here? Short stories, help with plot? Also, what is this for? I'd like to be a part of this, I have much I could contribute.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have any ideas, fire 'em at me. I want to try some luck at writing a really creepy story or comic. I tried it once with a story called "Oil" and it was giving me a lump in my throat before I even finished the first chapter, meaning it was working. But I lost the file.

You can be a part of this. ;3 And whatever ideas you throw at me, you get the credit for too.

Alright, here goes...

This is how I created "The Phantom Car of Randolph County". It didn't last TOO long (A few years), but I started hearing it around school, and never let on that it was me.

I grew up in a small town in Illinois where everyone knew everyone. When I was 16, I got my license and obviously started driving as much as I could. Thing was, I was a great driver from the get-go, having grown up in a "country" setting. I had basically been doing what we called "ridge running". The premise behind this: Take kids that are into hot rods and street machines, overload them on diets of "The Dukes of Hazzard" every Satruday night, and provide them with junkyards. Junkyards around our area were amazing places. You could find yourself some ragged, piece of shit car that BARELY ran (or not at all), take it home for less than fifty bucks, and get your older brother, cousin, etc to help you bring the thing to life. Take the title and $55 to the bank uptown for your sticker, and !BOOM!...Hit the backroads.

I had a 1975 Ford Elite (For those that don't remember these cars, they were essentially an LTD with a fastback.). It had a 400 in it that made mad amounts of power, but my FAVORITE thing about this car was: It was ALL black. Interior, paint, everything. I even painted the chrome trim flat black to match everything else. The one thing I loaded this car with was a set of fog lights. I took off the amber lenses, and mounted red ones, and mounted the new red fog lights in the blackened grill. there was NO WAY POSSIBLE to see the fog lights when they were off. I had to turn them on, and it made the car look like it had red eyes. To my adolescent car-and-evil-crazed mind, I thought it looked badass. Therefore, I would drive it as much as possible at night with the foglights on. I thought I was the shit.

A friend of mine worked overnight security at a coal dock (The town I grew up in is a river town), and myself and another friend were always driving down there just after his shift started to visit him. The coal dock was officially out of the city limits by abour 9 miles. His shift started at 11:00pm. To get to the coal dock undetected by his supervisor (We really were NOT supposed to be there, so we would sneak in "the back way") was really quite deranged. LOL We had to drive 9 miles out the narrow 2 lane "highway" leading out of town. The coal dock front entrance was IMMEDIATELY (as in...within FEET) after a levee. The levee obviously had these huge concrete walls that were meant to keep the levee firm. The walls were roughly 35 feet high or so. The BACK entrance was not far after that. To get into the coal dock the BACK way, we had to pass by the levee walls, drive another mile, and make a right turn into a farmer's access road. It cut straight through his field.

For the longest time, I just naturally took the back entrance...Through the walls, another mile, right turn, through the field. Then one night, my other friend and I decided to get a tad rambunctious. I was driving way too fast and having a great time, when we got behind another car. This car was moving too slow for my taste, so I decided to fuck with them a bit. I turned off my headlights, and hit the button for my red "demonic eyes" foglights. I tailgated this poor driver, forcing them to speed up, until we hit the concrete walls. At the last second, I decided to take the front entrance just past the walls. I slammed on my brakes, cut the wheel hard right, and hit the lights, making everything go black. We sat there in the car, watching this other car we just fucked with slam on thier brakes and stop. We had the windows of my car rolled down, and if you know anything about cornfields...Voices carry. We heard a man get out of the car and yell, "It DISAPPEARED!!! That fucking car VANISHED! Let's get OUT of here!!!" He jumped in the car and took off, thereby hatching the idea of continuing this, just to see what would happen.

For the better part of the next 6 months, my friend and I would do this on an average of twice a week. We NEVER got caught. It started circulating around school that something was "really scary around the coal dock entrance! There is a demon car that will follow you, and disappear at the walls!" Overactive imaginations started chalking it up to a story about a car accident from the '60s that was never fully solved, where a few people were said to have died.

Not one person connected me to that, and it lasted for a few years following. The story outlasted the car, then finally and slowly petered out.

But there you have it. My original, invented / made reality no-bullshit urban legend. Do with it as you wish. I would LOVE to see you work with it and make it into something. Enjoy.

Cant wait to hear them Sooth.

One of my favourite Urban Legends would be of Bunnyman. Shit that urban legend was scary. OO; I was wondering how I would put that Urban legend, as well as the one of the Jersey Devil into the story.

Twist my arm....

I was dreaming one night that my grandfather was having a heart attack. I saw my grandmother trying to call for an ambulance, while my grandfather was writhing in pain. I saw him fight so very hard, then die. In my dream, a police officer knocked on my door. I awoke from this dream to a knock on my door. My dad was a tow truck driver at the time, and we thought one of our neighbors needed a jump start (at approximayely 6:00a.m.!) I heard my dad quietly close the door, and come up the steps. I heard my mom begin to sob. My dad walked into the bedroom that I shared with my sister, and before he could speak, I said "Grandpa is dead. I saw the whole thing." My dad stood there, white as a sheet, after I described how he died. When my grandmother described it, he knew.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, my grandmother (the one in the aforementioned paragraph) was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I was devastated. All she ever wanted since my grandfather died was to be with him, so she ignored her tumors. Sierra was supposed to be born with Downs Syndrome-all the test results pointed to it. My ex and I were even MORE devastated. I went to my grandma (before she went on a continuous morphine drip) and just cried. I told her about all of the tests and wanted to know what to do. She told me that Sierra was not going to be born with Downs, and I looked at her like she was delirious. The day after the Oklahoma bombing, I got 3 phone calls-one at noon (no sound), one at 12:10 ( a friend), and one at 12:15. This one was whispering, and (I am NOT kidding here) a hand touched my shoulder. My parents came over and were getting ready to tell me, when I said "She touched me this afternoon. When did she die?"

They said that she had died at 12:15.

Sierra was born on 07/31/95 without Downs Syndrome, just as grandma had said. One year later, when Sierra was only nine months old, I was watching the one year anniversary of the bombing. I was a wreck. My son was asleep, and my daughter had her head on my lap. She looked up at me and said 'It's okay, Little Bit. Don't cry." Grandma was the only person in my whole life who called me "Little Bit!!" She still speaks to me through her. Not very often, but I know she's there....

Brenda, those may be creepy but woah.... oo; They're a touching kind of creepy.

Sooth: The story wouldnt just focus on Urban Legends...... like the brother-sister duo wouldnt focus on a legend a story, there'd be one legend here, then a personal experience or two...

Like I said, fire your thoughts, suggestions, etc. at will. Let me know if you come up with anything.

Oh god, DarkenedCharm.  That is freaking AWESOME!!  ;D

Thank you for sharing, oh goodness I want to use that.  =3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Feel free. It would be an honor to have that used in some public medium. If you need any more info on anything, do not hesitate to shoot me a message.

Archived