need suggestions for fancy restaurant :)

piggymama

On blackberry so I'm not able to do special colors and fun stuff :(

Okay, slim chance to get a nice place with only a week to go but need suggestions! Its hubby and my 5year on saturday and I was going to take him to chicago but can't let myself spend 1500 for two daysthere! So instead gonna take him somewhere fancy and dress him up :)

I need sugestions to a super nice place anywhere in det metro, a2 or flint or toledo. It has to have supurb food and not tiny portions. We went to the place next to the state theatre in birmingham about 8 years ago and it was horrible! But money is no object.

Thanks guys! You rock!

Fenton House & Fenton Hotel are both really nice. The Fenton House is mostly italian but they also have some BBQ. And the Fenton Hotel is really fancy, it's always best to call for reservations though.

what kind of pasta? original stuff or normal alphredo, scalopini, chicken parm, etc??? looking for original dishes. they dont have to be really weird and out there, but different ingredients that compliment them, high-quality ingredients, etc

and what about the hotel??? is it a real hotel or a hotel turned restaurant??? sounds interesting :) maybe dinner AND a room??? lol

what kind of pasta? original stuff or normal alphredo, scalopini, chicken parm, etc??? looking for original dishes. they dont have to be really weird and out there, but different ingredients that compliment them, high-quality ingredients, etc

and what about the hotel??? is it a real hotel or a hotel turned restaurant??? sounds interesting :) maybe dinner AND a room??? lol

The pastas range from Manacotti to ravioli, lasanga things like that, but they are very good. Fenton Hotel is an old hotel converted into a resturant, its actually haunted. The food here is also really good, I know they have lobster tail other seafood. There is also a hotel in town if you want to get a room, it's only a holiday inn but its nice.

do they have more than steak??? we eat steak at home all the time. looking for more unique and signature stuff.

Oh yeah, I only had the steak and I tried some of the salmon.

But for real, this steak was like butter. Like meat butter.

And the tiramisu was FABULOUS/

I forget what wine we had with it - the waiter could recommend a nice one - but that was also fantastic.

And for apps, we have these bacon wrapped shrimp things.

nom-nom-nom...

There was a Japanese place out in Southfield... in one of the towers... they had Kobe beef. Doesn't get much more exotic than that! Don't know if it's still around, it's been about 10 years since I went. Didn't have the beef but everything I did have was amazing! Musashi, maybe? I know it was named after someone from classical Japanese tradition, anyway.

Opus One and the Rattlesnake Club... never been to either but I used to make reservations at both for Carmen Harlan when I worked for her. Always heard that both are excellent.

Money's no object?

1) The Lark, Farmington @Maple.

2) Tribute, Northwestern Highway @ 12 mile

3) The Whitney

4) I don't know if it's still there, but Shula's SteakHouse - it's on Big Beaver in Troy

5) What was the restaurant in the Townsend called - Rugby? Something like that? Kinda stupid name, but the food's supposed to rule. Birmingham, btw.

Big Buck in Auburn hills.... it looks like a HUGE hunting lodge, but the food is higher priced, and goooooood. There are some game dishes, some regular, and they make all their own beers. For something a little "different" i like game meats....

Archived