56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*trying to not thread jack*

Incidentally, Cher, I think it would be beyond naive to infer that McCain is not banking at least somewhat on Palin's sex appeal. That may be the least of the important attributes she brings to the ticket, to be sure, but it is one characteristic that the ticket was sorely lacking before she was brought aboard--& I am certain McCain & his advisors were well aware of it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*trying to not thread jack*

Incidentally, Cher, I think it would be beyond naive to infer that McCain is not banking at least somewhat on Palin's sex appeal. That may be the least of the important attributes she brings to the ticket, to be sure, but it is one characteristic that the ticket was sorely lacking before she was brought aboard--& I am certain McCain & his advisors were well aware of it.

...that speaks on a sad level about the people that are swayed by such tactics...

...that speaks on a sad level about the people that are swayed by such tactics...

Agreed. But there's no way its impact was not considered by the McCain team. I suppose some would say that is manipulative. I'm sure McCain would either deny such a consideration or would simply call it "just politics." Say what you will about either of these candidates--McCain & Obama both are smart.

if the father is not considered then we should only abourt the male fetus by amazon law.

responsability is not a choice but living up to it is, people deserve to be recognized as existing. to walk on the rights of one man is to enslave us all.

to say a father has no worth or no say might not be the way to go, it could mean a mans only option left is force.(Is Wayne Brady gonna hav ta choke a bitch?!)

are you to agree a man has no emotional attachmeant to his children and thus no value in their lives, no responsability to that child.

correct is not a parasite feeding off the body of the male host but of a female. the idea of the family unit is one that should be premoted and unity between a couple should be recognized and considered before abortion. at least in the view of any future court.

P.S.

why do you guys allways star shit? just gotta argue and get all loud were all trying to get our dgn on, an this now. you guys are like premaire case studies for any shrink who followed Sigmond froid.

you don't really hate wemon do you? an other dude some battles are best left alone but go ahead it can only get louder an i won't be able to sit and enjoy my typing. some one should just get knocked out and sent home to sleep it off. but it's not my place to judge really, so go ahead. also you should'nt hit wemon

third trimester should be illegal with the exception of death or serious blood loss to the mother. and this whole lets kill the baby right before its born cause its still not out of the mother so its still legal, when a month from now it whould be illegal as it whould be a newborn. thats pushing the limits way to far, and is basicly murder. so spare the mother cause its her body, but isnt the fetus its own body tooo. with organs thou dependant on the mother, still operating on its own? ,its not just the womens body, when the baby can kick the mother and move around, its a seperate entity.

Edited by SaGa

fact of the matter is, who the fuck are you to tell another human being how to run their life? you're not a god, you're not the gestapo... hence, pro-*choice*.

why the fuck doesn't anyone get that?

seriously???

I also don't believe people should be told how to run their lives, most specifically, I don't believe it is the choice of someone else as to when to end someone else's life, particularly so soon after that life began.

I believe that the unborn are also human, and entitled to the same rights as everyone else - the primary right being life itself.

I'm not god, (not interested in the job either, thankyouverymuch) and neither is anyone else, so why do people play god in deciding when to end someone else's life?

Guest GodfallenPromos

fact of the matter is, who the fuck are you to tell another human being how to run their life? you're not a god, you're not the gestapo... hence, pro-*choice*.

seriously???

incedently...I was watching the Daily Show last night...most likely a re-run...but he had Newt Gingrich on...and John was VERY good and backing ol' Newt into a corner

John Stewart brought up the fact that Sarah Palin asked everyone to "respect Bristol's descision to keep the baby", but that Sarah doesn't seem to care about respect of descisions when it comes to abortion.

As many of you know, I think that it should go back to being an emergancy medical procedure....however, I will say that Stewart makes an AMAZING point about it....plus it was sweet watching Newt try and squirm out of it.

and dammit Torn...I may not be a god...but I carry one in my pants all the time

p.s. just for everyone's info...I have a statue of Buhhda that I carry around in my pockets....so I'm never technically wrong.

seriously???

Really that's what government and laws are for. To tell you what choices you can and can't make for yourself. (Without consequences anyway.) "Freedom of choice" only goes as far as "we the people" (or we the government bureaucracy) say it does. Freedom of choice, taken to its extreme (although it never quite gets there even in the most lawless societies some sort of "order" emerges) anarchy and might-makes-right gang-style rules are the norm. Its a scary place to live where there is no "government intrusion" (within reason). I'm a pretty card-carrying supporter of a less "safe" but more "free" society, but even in that context, choice is only left up to individuals so much.

This isn't really about abortion in particular (my comment that is) just about the fact that choice, is only allowed as far as the laws and society say it is. We tend to oversimplify this sort of thing and end up missing that sometimes.

incedently...I was watching the Daily Show last night...most likely a re-run...but he had Newt Gingrich on...and John was VERY good and backing ol' Newt into a corner

John Stewart brought up the fact that Sarah Palin asked everyone to "respect Bristol's descision to keep the baby", but that Sarah doesn't seem to care about respect of descisions when it comes to abortion.

As many of you know, I think that it should go back to being an emergancy medical procedure....however, I will say that Stewart makes an AMAZING point about it....plus it was sweet watching Newt try and squirm out of it.

and dammit Torn...I may not be a god...but I carry one in my pants all the time

p.s. just for everyone's info...I have a statue of Buhhda that I carry around in my pockets....so I'm never technically wrong.

Buddha isn't a God. Buddhism doesn't have a deity. Buddha was just a man who reached Enlightenment.

A line has to be drawn somewhere Mike.

yes, but that line shouldn't be "NO!! you can't do that because *I* believe it's wrong!"

it should be legal, and *then* boundaries should be set. my opinion? as long as that life is dependant/reliant upon the mother to survive, it should be the mother's choice, whether or not to keep it. (no, the father should not have any say in the matter, imo) once the baby is able to survive on it's own outseide the womb, it should have the same rights any other child would have, but not until then.

yes, but that line shouldn't be "NO!! you can't do that because *I* believe it's wrong!"

it should be legal, and *then* boundaries should be set. my opinion? as long as that life is dependant/reliant upon the mother to survive, it should be the mother's choice, whether or not to keep it. (no, the father should not have any say in the matter, imo) once the baby is able to survive on it's own outseide the womb, it should have the same rights any other child would have, but not until then.

I would conclude from your statements above that anyone's right to survival can be snuffed out by anyone on whom that life depends, and the rights of the person who is dependent are removed from the equation. Would that be a fair conclusion to come to based on your above statements? Please correct me if I an wrong. Or is it the case that this belief applies only to the babies who are still in the womb? Again, I am just trying to clarify here.

• 5 months later...

I would conclude from your statements above that anyone's right to survival can be snuffed out by anyone on whom that life depends, and the rights of the person who is dependent are removed from the equation. Would that be a fair conclusion to come to based on your above statements? Please correct me if I an wrong. Or is it the case that this belief applies only to the babies who are still in the womb? Again, I am just trying to clarify here.

well, not to be a smart-ass, but this thread is about the legality of *abortion*, so...

My Pa once said to me, "I brought you into this world...I can take you out & make the replacement!"

Thought I'ld be silly for a moment :p...but a while ago...(not so long ago)...this was a publicly acceptable thing to say to your son...apparently..

hun it still is acceptable, at least in small towns.

My Pa once said to me, "I brought you into this world...I can take you out & make the replacement!"

Thought I'ld be silly for a moment :p...but a while ago...(not so long ago)...this was a publicly acceptable thing to say to your son...apparently..

hun it still is acceptable, at least in small towns.

:no ...Humans need to Evolve...seriously ('nother thread)...

Edited by Rev.Reverence

Just my 0.02 here...as a child that was almost aborted...I don't really like it at all. Yes, free choice is an issue...but free choice led to the pregnancy...and if they made the "mistake" of getting pregnant...should they really make and more choices? I wasn't aborted thanks to the riots going on at the time...so I was put up for adoption after my mother gave birth. Yes, there are tons of people looking to adopt however many of them will not get the chance because there are fewer and fewer children being put up for adoption.

There are cases where, if complications from birth will endanger the mother or the child, abortion would be a wise choice. However, I see pregnancy as a responsibility...and the high demand for abortions seems to me like one more sign that humanity has "evolved" to the point where it would rather cast off responsibility to gain a few freedoms.

One thing that I do not understand is that if somehow you kill a pregnant woman, no matter how far along she is, you are charged for killing two people...yet if a woman at the same stage has an abortion it is not considered a being.

Another question I have is that if this thing in her womb is not in fact a human being...isn't there a chance that with all the women keeping their children and giving birth...that there would be women giving birth to things that are not human? I mean, with all there variables here and all this evolution shit, no I don't give a rats ass about creation either, there is the change, probably very small, that something unhuman would have been born.

But that is my point of view...I have known a few pregnant girls in my lifetime, but I am only 20 so I guess that doesn't count, and no matter what religion they were all of them kept their children and either put them up for adoption or raised them as their own...

Yes, there are tons of people looking to adopt however many of them will not get the chance because there are fewer and fewer children being put up for adoption.

In the US alone there are approximately 532,000 children waiting for a permanent home in various stages of foster care. In 2002 only 53,000 — or just about 10 percent — were adopted. That leaves over half a million children still looking for homes. Department of Justice statistics also reveal that about 12 percent of unadopted children will eventually serve time as criminals.

Really? Because the adoption agency in Milwaukee that has branches all over Wisconsin is really struggling to find children for all the families that have applied. Even with the children from safe haven it still has to branch out to foreign agencies to fill its needs...and that isn't even helping that much.

Maybe it has something to do with the area. Part of the problem might be communication. They had something going on with an agency in Minnesota but that got cut off. It seems like all the adoptions only take place if they have similar locations.

One thing that I do not understand is that if somehow you kill a pregnant woman, no matter how far along she is, you are charged for killing two people...yet if a woman at the same stage has an abortion it is not considered a being.

Uh last time I checked the pregnancy had to be passed 24 weeks for a second charge to be brought on. There has to be a chance the baby could survive out of the womb, and the majority of the time before 24 weeks thats not going to happen.