How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

fucking bummed out, seriously, how bad can my dating luck be, two different women in the same month cancel a date on me, am I really that undateable? plans are made, they seem enthused about going out, and than plans get broken, I don't understand, I'm not creeping on em, for example made a date for Friday on Monday, light chit chat goes on threw out the week, mainly about how was your work day? What did ya do? just bullshit chatter, and than boom sorry can't go out..

makes me feel like shit.

Clueless in Detroit...life habits as a loner are HARD to overcome...looking for friends but too withdrawn to engage...oh pooh

Its hard to change that habit, yeah.

Even when you try, and then it doesn't work out it feels worse than when you started, and tends to make you just want to go back to being a semi-hermit again. Have to force yourself to go out over and over and over again for a LONG time before that feeling starts to subside. It sucks.

I literally feel my heart is ripped in half for some reason. I know its emotional not physical cause its been happening for a week or two and I feel like this weird depressed feeling, a different depression.

:grouphug:flower: Yikes. Its not enough to just be upset, then your body has to rebel and "make you" feel physically the way your feeling emotionally. :verymad: Really hard thing to deal with , no top of all your other hard things to deal with. :wallbash:

Its scary, especially the first 100+ times. But don't "fight it" just let it do its thing, focus on your breathing and such and try not to think about it. If you try to "wish it away" or focus on it, it just makes it worse. (that intense focus , makes you more tense, making the chest pain more intense, the theory goes).

Intense chest pain is a problem I've had for a long time, every time they give me an ekg (or once I had the regular stress test) it comes up as not being heart related. Which is frustrating because it sure as hell FEELs like its a physical heart problem. They always link it to anxiety. Which, having read a ton about it seems to be well researched.

I do often have what feel like "physical heart problems" due to the depression/anxiety though, which, from what I've read can eventually turn into "real" (conversion they call it) heart problems, I've had like 10 EKGs over the years and they keep telling me its nothing. But I can feel my heart as if its being physically squeezed on and off, (separate from the mental stuff) scares the shit out of me on top of the anxiety and headaches. It sucks.

But I've come to get irritated with the standard idea that "mental" issues aren't physical. They are totally physical, what is a thought? Its a bio-chemical "thing" its physical, but people don't think of it like that, so emotional problems aren't "real" in most peoples minds and you should be able to just wish them away, like, say, wishing cancer away.

I don't mean that you , kat , think that, I'm just refering to the general population. Even the medical community (luckily this is slowly changing) seperates "mental" from phsycial problems, as if your nervous system is not "physical", which is nonsense. But it makes it seem like brain-realted issues are "not real" and your average guy on the street thinks your basicly just fulla crap or a wimp with any "mental issues", which is SO helpful.

:grouphug:flower: Yikes. Its not enough to just be upset, then your body has to rebel and "make you" feel physically the way your feeling emotionally. :verymad: Really hard thing to deal with , no top of all your other hard things to deal with. :wallbash:

Its scary, especially the first 100+ times. But don't "fight it" just let it do its thing, focus on your breathing and such and try not to think about it. If you try to "wish it away" or focus on it, it just makes it worse. (that intense focus , makes you more tense, making the chest pain more intense, the theory goes).

Intense chest pain is a problem I've had for a long time, every time they give me an ekg (or once I had the regular stress test) it comes up as not being heart related. Which is frustrating because it sure as hell FEELs like its a physical heart problem. They always link it to anxiety. Which, having read a ton about it seems to be well researched.

I do often have what feel like "physical heart problems" due to the depression/anxiety though, which, from what I've read can eventually turn into "real" (conversion they call it) heart problems, I've had like 10 EKGs over the years and they keep telling me its nothing. But I can feel my heart as if its being physically squeezed on and off, (separate from the mental stuff) scares the shit out of me on top of the anxiety and headaches. It sucks.

But I've come to get irritated with the standard idea that "mental" issues aren't physical. They are totally physical, what is a thought? Its a bio-chemical "thing" its physical, but people don't think of it like that, so emotional problems aren't "real" in most peoples minds and you should be able to just wish them away, like, say, wishing cancer away.

I don't mean that you , kat , think that, I'm just refering to the general population. Even the medical community (luckily this is slowly changing) seperates "mental" from phsycial problems, as if your nervous system is not "physical", which is nonsense. But it makes it seem like brain-realted issues are "not real" and your average guy on the street thinks your basicly just fulla crap or a wimp with any "mental issues", which is SO helpful.

I agree, it should be approached holistically. A lot of emotional issues are just symptoms or conditions caused by physical health conditions. Any example, I have Hashimotos disease (thyroid not producing enough hormone and it also can do what's called a thyroid storm, where you cycle between too much and too little thyroid hormone in your body) Well, one of the issues associated with this is mood swings. The reason is completely due to how much hormone is produced, if it's level your mood is, if it's low you have symptoms of low mood or depression, but if it starts producing too much, you will see mania and anxiety signs. When I used to do biopsychosocials at my old job and had a client with a bipolar or depressive diagnosis, when we would get to physical health section they almost always were diagnosed with thyroid disorder also. The hormone amount is also directly related to weight fluctuations.

I've been feeling low the last few days. I'm in some pain today. My back and feet are killing me after working today. People annoy me.

Sorry to hear that.

And yeah! WTF... I have a problem with these "people" things too. I mean I like socializing and hanging out, the problem is these "people" things.

The short answer is blank. :fear::geek:

Oo

Lucky...i'm lucky i'm not actually getting evicted, i'm lucky to have people who love me, and i'm lucky I still have a job I guess...I do feel grateful today even though I feel achy.

What is this internet rumor about these "job" things I keep hearing spread around. Sounds like some urban myth to me.

Positive. I might feel a little overwhelmed and have an $180 bill for a blood test I didn't need, but my stomach feels back to normal, I'm training regularly again, and have an entire box of chocolate ice cream that over time I will make disappear. Also, going to sleep...

Positive. I might feel a little overwhelmed and have an $180 bill for a blood test I didn't need, but my stomach feels back to normal, I'm training regularly again, and have an entire box of chocolate ice cream that over time I will make disappear. Also, going to sleep...

I got a bill for a blood test the insurance says they don't want to pay for (they can blow me though). Not sure what the deal is with that. "this blood test is not covered by your plan in your age bracket". *shakes fist*

Hopefully you can keep the training going. =)

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic