How Are You Feeling?

Troy Spiral

I keep thinking if i press on my temples hard enough it will clear everything out.... never seems to work. Maybe I just need an industrial strength vice, that should do the trick! Ok well maybe not, but a boy can dream. :gathering:

Actually you are on to something. I remember a massage therapist friend telling me about pressure points on the face....something about equalizing out the pressure will instantly clear the sinuses. I'll have to research it.

Actually you are on to something. I remember a massage therapist friend telling me about pressure points on the face....something about equalizing out the pressure will instantly clear the sinuses. I'll have to research it.

yes, there are a couple ways i know of - one is to alternately press your tongue on the roof of your mouth, then press your thumb right between your eyebrows several times, holding each for several seconds. the theory is that it will cause a slight motion in the cartilage, which may loosen congestion.

there are two accupressure points on either side of your nostrils as well.

here's a link, and a quote from the page...

Sinus Pressure Points and Your Health

If you’ve been experiencing these symptoms over a lengthy period of time, perhaps you’ve tried some sinus pressure points massage.

These sinus pressure points correspond to four sinus areas on your face and head.

The frontal sinuses are air pockets above your eyebrows. Using the spot between your brows as a starting place, they probably extend out on each side to approximately the middle of each eyebrow.

Ethmoid sinuses are found on each side of the bridge of your nose. These spots are right about where your glasses would pinch your nose, if you were wearing any.

The maxillary sinuses are on the front points of your cheekbones, the fullest parts of your cheeks when you smile.

You’ll find the sphenoid sinuses on either side of your head, above your ears and slightly forward of them.

Massaging these sinus pressure points can bring some help to you. It gently coaxes the cartilage structure beneath your skin to give a little, which provides some relief from the excessive pressure you are experiencing.

You can direct some relief onto your maxillary sinuses by pressing downward on the skin on your cheek just outside of either nostril. You’ll be putting pressure just below the sinus spaces themselves, which will precipitate some movement of the contents in your cavities.

Press down with each index finger and draw half-circles from that spot to the lower part of your nose. Draw these half-circles about ten times.

More sinus pressure points massage suggestions

To alleviate blockage in the ethmoid sinuses, place your index fingers on the sides of your nose just below where your glasses would fit. Rub them upward in half circles toward your eyes. Do this about ten times.

To relieve your sphenoid sinuses, put your fingers behind your earlobes and rub upward on each side, up and down, about ten times. For your frontal sinuses, massage the skin above your eyebrows back and forth repeatedly, about ten times.

Another of the sinus pressure points is directly on the earlobe, probably related to old Chinese acupuncture techniques. Massage the earlobes ten times each. Some people recommend lying down if at all possible when you perform these massages.

Ten minutes after you’ve completed these maneuvers, you should go through them again. That way you’ll keep the matter within your sinuses on the move.

Edited by torn asunder

yes, there are a couple ways i know of - one is to alternately press your tongue on the roof of your mouth, then press your thumb right between your eyebrows several times, holding each for several seconds. the theory is that it will cause a slight motion in the cartilage, which may loosen congestion.

there are two accupressure points on either side of your nostrils as well.

here's a link, and a quote from the page...

Thanks for the tip. Now to see if there is any relief.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic