Rejection Thread

Guest greyhalo

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being rejected by a stranger/someone I barely know doesn't phase me unless I'm having a rare day where I feel particularly insecure and vulnerable.

It's rejection from potential employers that gets me down more often. When they never call back it aggravates me. I respect employers who call to let you know that they've hired someone else, or that you're just not right for the position they're looking for.

Guest greyhalo

Being rejected by a stranger/someone I barely know doesn't phase me unless I'm having a rare day where I feel particularly insecure and vulnerable.

It's rejection from potential employers that gets me down more often. When they never call back it aggravates me. I respect employers who call to let you know that they've hired someone else, or that you're just not right for the position they're looking for.

Yes, that sort of rejection can be aggravating as well. However, I tend not to take it as personally because you never know what's going on behind the scenes. Sometimes employers already have someone in mind for a position. But, they should still take the time to handle things professionally by letting you know what's going on.

I hate being rejected by someone who you've known for a while and developed a friendship with already

For anyone who feel they are rejected, I know it feels terrible. Especially if you go to someone and tell them how you are feeling and it is unrequited. The best way to combat that is to not even put yourself in that position. I have a very extreme wall around me and I do not really let anyone close to me. I will not give someone a chance to hurt me. I understand that's a fucked up way to think and to live but I just won't allow it. I understand it's not realistic to be this way and eventually my guard will have to come down. It's sort of happening a bit now and it's surprising me.

For anyone who feel they are rejected, I know it feels terrible. Especially if you go to someone and tell them how you are feeling and it is unrequited. The best way to combat that is to not even put yourself in that position. I have a very extreme wall around me and I do not really let anyone close to me. I will not give someone a chance to hurt me. I understand that's a fucked up way to think and to live but I just won't allow it. I understand it's not realistic to be this way and eventually my guard will have to come down. It's sort of happening a bit now and it's surprising me.

I am exactly the same way and I know it sucks living life this way but it works for me, for now. I don't put myself out there so rejection isn't a problem for me. Hopefully one of these days I'll meet someone who will break me down and I'll be able to let my guard down as well. :confused:

I am exactly the same way and I know it sucks living life this way but it works for me, for now. I don't put myself out there so rejection isn't a problem for me. Hopefully one of these days I'll meet someone who will break me down and I'll be able to let my guard down as well. :confused:

:grouphug It's not for everyone but in a way it's liberating. I am sure you know exactly what I mean. I'm sure you are also the one everyone comes to when they have had their heart stomped to pieces and you are sitting back, knowing that won't happen to you. Not unless you allow it.

My parts got rejected at work today.

NO! Rephrase that THIS INSTANT! Sounds SO dirty.

My girlfriend, Mary Jane, rejected me earlier this week saying that I can't have her again until the semester is over with and I pull all A's out of my ass.

oddly someone also sent me a message showing me all her private comments back and forth between her and her "ex"....

looks like he wasn't really an ex..

Damn.. Definitely makes you wonder who sent the private comments to you. At least you found out now what her true nature is.

Damn.. Definitely makes you wonder who sent the private comments to you. At least you found out now what her true nature is.

sadly.. everyone was trying to be all stealthy.. this is why i know girls are FUCKING STUPID when it comes to hiding shit from me in a relationship... i saw the signs, i know who the "mystery person" is that sent me the link to her profile comments, and i had a gut feeling it was going on but now i got proof.

Guest greyhalo

I so needed this thread yesterday. But she called today and we had a nice long chat and set some boundaries. So I'm doing okay now. But we'll see how Wednesday goes (or doesn't). I may be back.

Glad she called and that you feel better.

Maybe you'll be back, hopefully not. I have a feeling I'll be here for a bit. But, that's my choice.

Glad she called and that you feel better.

Maybe you'll be back, hopefully not. I have a feeling I'll be here for a bit. But, that's my choice.

She contacted me tonight to cancel for tomorrow. Her new job wants her to come in for training. At least she has a good excuse and I'm thankful she actually told me she's not coming this time. So, I'm not feeling rejected. But I'll hang out here with you anyway for :grouphug

Not so much rejected, but absolutely obfuscated about someone's intentions.

I cannot anticipate this person's subsequent moves. It's almost as maddening as being rejected. At least you know where you don't stand, when you're flat on your arse in the street.

Guest greyhalo

Not so much rejected, but absolutely obfuscated about someone's intentions.

I cannot anticipate this person's subsequent moves. It's almost as maddening as being rejected. At least you know where you don't stand, when you're flat on your arse in the street.

Yes, that is seriously frustrating. I hate teases too. I can't even flirt with someone if I'm not interested in them. But, some people juts flirt with everyone and play hard-to-get all the time.

All of my close friends have moved away, I find it hard to talk to people I don't know, anytime I have allowed someone to get close to me they have moved away, I have a rather severe anxiety disorder, I am also bi polar, my husband has epilepsy that has suddenly flaired up, I feel completely alone and I feel like there isn't anything I can do about it. No one sit here and tell me it's all ok, because it isn't, it just isn't. No matter how positive I can think, I feel it will never get better and no amount of "gee it's ok Dee" is going to convince me of that. This is my bed of nails and I will lie in it willingly. I did this to myself.

Archived