Rejuvenation

Scales

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not bad... my advice would be to move the beat change to 32 beats in...

I would move everything in groups of 4, so changes come in at 4, 16, 32, 64 etc...

makes it sounds that little more proffesional, you'll find if you count along with the majority of dance music (including EBM) it'll more or less follow that pattern.

Dave

[ps. i hope you dont mind, i thought it might be a useful fact :thumbup: ]

not bad... my advice would be to move the beat change to 32 beats in...

I would move everything in groups of 4, so changes come in at 4, 16, 32, 64 etc...

makes it sounds that little more proffesional, you'll find if you count along with the majority of dance music (including EBM) it'll more or less follow that pattern.

Dave

[ps. i hope you dont mind, i thought it might be a useful fact :thumbup: ]

Nope I don't.. THANK YOU for teh advice. I will try this.

Glad i could be of service :biggrin:

I'll have to have a listen later, i'm off to work at too early an hour.... lol

do you have any other software? or is it just FL studio? i've found that most tracks made in there will have a definate 'signature' ... if you can run it through Reason or Cubase afterwards, it can take away from the generic FL sound, makes the piece more yours if you get what i mean.

you've almost inspired me to wipe my computer and pirate me some software... lol

Dave

Yeah right now I'm only runnin' through FL. I need to start mastering it through other software, but Cubase and stuff like that I could never get to work, might be my sound-card.. so I don't know if it would compile right.

I'm pretty ghetto though. For instance, I use a microphone from Rock Band (hey it has noise cancelling..) and since I'm running on 512 MB Ram, to keep the melody rich, I save the song as a .wav. Then start a new file and throw my vocal .wav's over the song, so there's no choppy buffer; I started doing this since the last song I did and it works pretty good.

not bad :thumbsup::)

i've been avoiding the temptation to start any projects lately as i'll end not sleeping much... lol

wouldn't mind if the not sleeping was due to actualyl creating music, but it would mostly be optimising my (sorry excuse for a) PC... lol

ps... just had a listen, sounding good :cool

not bad :thumbsup::)

i've been avoiding the temptation to start any projects lately as i'll end not sleeping much... lol

wouldn't mind if the not sleeping was due to actualyl creating music, but it would mostly be optimising my (sorry excuse for a) PC... lol

ps... just had a listen, sounding good :cool

Thanks. I've altered it a bit more, and might add guitar onto it now. Woo!

err-or! er-ror - 404!

'I remember when the internet only had a few pages, and they all worked' - 'Sure, Grampa...'

Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please check the URL.

Try the search box below to find more information about your topic

You might not have quicktime. I'll have it up on myspace.com and Archive.org when I finish it. >.>

Thanks. I've altered it a bit more, and might add guitar onto it now. Woo!

Are you going to put vocals onto this one? I would be interested to hear how that turned out...

its often the making or breaking of a track in my opinion, i've been tempted many times to edit the vocal tracks out of various songs 'cos the piece in question was being ruined... lol

having said that, sometimes the vocals can make up for pretty much anything, there are some amazing tracks out there that leave a lot to be desired musically, making it all up lyrically.

Are you going to put vocals onto this one? I would be interested to hear how that turned out...

its often the making or breaking of a track in my opinion, i've been tempted many times to edit the vocal tracks out of various songs 'cos the piece in question was being ruined... lol

having said that, sometimes the vocals can make up for pretty much anything, there are some amazing tracks out there that leave a lot to be desired musically, making it all up lyrically.

Yep!

I laid down vocals on it and couldn't get a feel for it, probably because of the fast percussion. So I'm going to put it up as just instrumental.

fair enough, have you thought of recording the vocals separately, putting them through some effects, maybe make them sound vocoded and mess with their tempo a little, kinda A23esque....

something i've found to work quite well in the past... of course it can still go horribly wrong... lol :whistle:

Dave

fair enough, have you thought of recording the vocals separately, putting them through some effects, maybe make them sound vocoded and mess with their tempo a little, kinda A23esque....

something i've found to work quite well in the past... of course it can still go horribly wrong... lol :whistle:

Dave

I have vocalized stuff in the past but I like having my voice just clean cause I don't want to get lazy with my singing. But yeah. >.<

ugh... screamo... lol

we have a lot of indie and rock over here, the metal scene has died down recently and the punk scene is as underground as ever, theres more [varying types of] electro round here than anything else, suits me fine tho, hard bass lines and soaring trance loops make me happy...

not as happy as violent guitars and double bass drums though, combine the two and something weird happens in my head.... lol

Dave

Archived