They actually EAT THAT?

Its actually called...huitlacoche (which means crow shit lols) but its a fungi and a mexican delicacy and something the aztecs loved and yes I am to try it soon...

its...its...CORN SMUT!

lol not to be confused with corn slut...

huitlacoche2.jpg

You know, having the safe search on image searches in google is not a bad idea...I just got an eye full of a lady with a corn cob you know where.... :blink:

Then there is this: :sofa::X

Dont go there...just dont....

Beijing street food is nasty too butt not as bad as the canned girly corn poo's lol

lamb balls...scorpions....

chi8.sized.jpg

http://images.myphotoalbum.com/b/by/bye/by.../chi8.sized.jpg

Edited by hunhee
Oh crap, I accidently broke it... :/ Sorry It was way too graphic for clicking.. ugh.. I suck at this.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the odd delicacies I've sampled in my travels, "balut" has to be the worst. It is a steamed, embryonic duck egg. This is just as popular in the Philippines as a microwaveable burrito is here. I personally think balut is horrible-tasting, as well as horribly-textured, and I would never attempt to palate it ever again. *makes an awful face*

balut.jpg

Hell, if we thought about many common American foods they are pretty disgusting... for example shrimp are basically big fat insect relatives that feed on sludge. Dairy stuff like yogurt and cheese, which are produced through bacterial activity. And don't even get me started on hotdogs. But, I've always been pretty tolerant of unfamiliar or "unusual" foods... even as a child. I was a picky eater but not like most kids who won't eat anything they're not familiar with- I always wanted to try foods I'd read about in books. Yeah, I was a really poor excuse for a child in many ways.

Of all the odd delicacies I've sampled in my travels, "balut" has to be the worst. It is a steamed, embryonic duck egg. This is just as popular in the Philippines as a microwaveable burrito is here. I personally think balut is horrible-tasting, as well as horribly-textured, and I would never attempt to palate it ever again. *makes an awful face*

balut.jpg

EW! ewewewewew

More disgusting pics of entree's please lols I like this its freaky.

I saw my hot girl friend from a looong time ago....chew on a stinky pickled pigs foot.

She did NOT and I repeat NOT go down on me that night. Ugh.

No idea... and I wont be finding out. See, we dont eat them on a regular basis... and they are poisen spiders... the people that live there have a tolerance... we would get really really sick if we ate one.

Those appear to be some sort of huntsman spider, from what I can tell. Not real poisonous, but eating them could give someone an allergic reaction if they are sensitive. :)

I have heard, mind you and not experienced directly to confirm, that in China there is a delicacy called "three squeaks". The first squeak is when you pick it up with the chopsticks, the second, when you dip it in the soy sauce, and the third, when you bite it. "Three squeaks" is........

newly born baby rats, before fur and their eyes and ears open. They're eaten live, immediately after birth.

Couldn't find photo of "three squeaks", but I did find this in a Google Image search:

Ratsrats.jpg

"Rats

Rats are surprisingly common food in some parts of the world. In North Korea they are eaten because there is often little else to eat in the villages. They are generally field rats rather than the city rats that most of us are familiar with. They are described as being tough and stringly with a taste like chicken (surprise!) Recently Reuters had this to say:

'Live rats are being trucked from central China, suffering a plague of a reported 2 billion rodents displaced by a flooded lake, to the south to end up in restaurant dishes, Chinese media reported.'"

Couldn't find photo of "three squeaks", but I did find this in a Google Image search:

Ratsrats.jpg

"Rats

Rats are surprisingly common food in some parts of the world. In North Korea they are eaten because there is often little else to eat in the villages. They are generally field rats rather than the city rats that most of us are familiar with. They are described as being tough and stringly with a taste like chicken (surprise!) Recently Reuters had this to say:

'Live rats are being trucked from central China, suffering a plague of a reported 2 billion rodents displaced by a flooded lake, to the south to end up in restaurant dishes, Chinese media reported.'"

Wow I want to cry, donate monies and puke all at the same time!

Ratsrats.jpg

"Rats

Edited by Homicidalheathen

I went to mexico once...I ate the dogmeat burrito...and it was good.

Coarse it burned a bit when I shit the next day from the hot sauce....

http://www.weird-food.com/weird-food-mammal.html

ew monkey toes!

http://www.bootsintheoven.com/boots_in_the...7/05/index.html

this guys writing is hellarious...

Edited by Homicidalheathen

EW! ewewewewew

More disgusting pics of entree's please lols I like this its freaky.

I saw my hot girl friend from a looong time ago....chew on a stinky pickled pigs foot.

She did NOT and I repeat NOT go down on me that night. Ugh.

Pickled pigs' feet, yumm! Cranky old tummy can't handle the vinegar these days but I used to love 'em. These days I gotta stick with just baking/braising them.

I think those are actually unborn rats in the pic, have heard they're a delicacy in parts of China.

I went to mexico once...I ate the dogmeat burrito...and it was good.

Coarse it burned a bit when I shit the next day from the hot sauce....

http://www.weird-food.com/weird-food-mammal.html

ew monkey toes!

http://www.bootsintheoven.com/boots_in_the...7/05/index.html

this guys writing is hellarious...

LOL!

Thanks HH! The links are fascinating! And I agree about his writing~hilarious!

Growing up, I've only ever had to face down Menudo...........I lost!

We really can make anything consumable can't we? :->

This is a horrible place for a vegetarian to be...... :cry lol

BUT......I'm still intrigued, and want to see/hear more ;->

Leave it to dgn to traumatize Vegans lol!

Blood (Masai in Africa) The Masai subsist largely on milk and the fresh blood drawn from the neck veins of livestock

I saw a documentary on this...they are like vampires. Its kinda cool.

Those appear to be some sort of huntsman spider, from what I can tell. Not real poisonous, but eating them could give someone an allergic reaction if they are sensitive. :)

I saw them on a food network show once... they are poisonous. If someone eats one without any tollerance they are going to spend a week in a hospital.