Ten Most Medicated States

punk_princess

http://www.forbes.com/2008/07/23/most-medi...0723health.html

No. 1: West Virginia

Retail Prescriptions Filled Per Capita: 17.2

Take a look at West Virginia's health statistics, and it's no surprise the state's residents use the most retail prescription drugs per capita. Data from the CDC shows that, in 2007, West Virginia had the highest rate of adult arthritis in the country as well as some of the highest rates of tobacco use and obesity.

I don't like the study nor the article...I think it is skewed...lemme' tell you why...

*adjusts a tinfoil Yamaka & straightens terry cloth robes*

First off, nobody does shit for "non-profit"... on this level... you see THEY say an organization is non-profit...then it becomes a place that certain people can use to spew propaganda... and have "third-party" "organizations" agree with THEM... the people working there have cushy-cushy-job WITH security... The big$ donations come from CORPS that NEED a wright-off, & some propaganda 'proven' ... AGAIN I SAY...no-one WORKS for FREE......THEY (corporations), give THEM ("non-profit orgs") the 'RESULTS' THEY would like found...& THEM go out & find the statistics...$$YO

Verispan collected the 2006 data from a panel of retail pharmacies (including independent and chain pharmacies, food stores and mass merchandisers found in more than 800 regional zones), third-party payers and other data providers. Prescriptions may have been new or refills of both brand name and generic drugs. The numbers exclude mail-order purchases, which have been reported to make up just under 7% of total prescriptions filled in 2006.

THEY HAVE SOMETHING UP THEIR SLEEVES!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest greyhalo

I don't like the study nor the article...I think it is skewed...lemme' tell you why...

*adjusts a tinfoil Yamaka & straightens terry cloth robes*

First off, nobody does shit for "non-profit"... on this level... you see THEY say an organization is non-profit...then it becomes a place that certain people can use to spew propaganda... and have "third-party" "organizations" agree with THEM... the people working there have cushy-cushy-job WITH security... The big$ donations come from CORPS that NEED a wright-off, & some propaganda 'proven' ... AGAIN I SAY...no-one WORKS for FREE......THEY (corporations), give THEM ("non-profit orgs") the 'RESULTS' THEY would like found...& THEM go out & find the statistics...$$YO

THEY HAVE SOMETHING UP THEIR SLEEVES!

I don't totally trust anything from "Forbes."

Guest greyhalo

I would HAVE to be heavily medicated to live in any of the top 5.

Living in the South is OK; it just depends where you are. I would rather live in almost any part of the South instead of the Upper Peninsula of MI.

Archived