Hey guys!

Misanthropy77

It's been forever since I posted anything..sorry about that..I've been so busy I don't know Shit from Shinola..

A friend of mine opened a new store, and graciously offered to sell my art for me. Here is the first piece for his new store. Wish me luck in the selling. :)

Since my ass will have black jeans, and your boots are black... there is no contrast and therefore you are FAIL!!!!!!

Or something.

:p

BURN! :p

That is a rather hott drawing, probably one of the best I've seen on here in a while. There's been other artists that have posted in this forum, but not a lot has impressed me or have been something that I couldn't draw myself, this one is nice.

gerat drawing!!

btw - value contrast? definition plskthxbai!?

Basically, I believe (I don't know actual art terms, I just draw the shit) making emphasis on darker/lighter shades. For instance, shadows should be very dark, whereas reflections off of glass (or anything really) would be pretty much totally white. If a drawing has poor value contrast then the shadows aren't dark enough, or the whole picture has awkward white/dark contrast, etc.

And thus ends another session of Chernobyl talking out her ass.

Basically, I believe (I don't know actual art terms, I just draw the shit) making emphasis on darker/lighter shades. For instance, shadows should be very dark, whereas reflections off of glass (or anything really) would be pretty much totally white. If a drawing has poor value contrast then the shadows aren't dark enough, or the whole picture has awkward white/dark contrast, etc.

And thus ends another session of Chernobyl talking out her ass.

It's OK. I gotcha covered... :gathering:

BURN! :p

That is a rather hott drawing, probably one of the best I've seen on here in a while. There's been other artists that have posted in this forum, but not a lot has impressed me or have been something that I couldn't draw myself, this one is nice.

Thank you!!! :D

Dark versus light. Makes the drawing "pop" better while emphasizing shadow areas...

EDIT: Example attached.

Yes, it looks nice dark, too. I have at least three more of these to work on, though, and I might still add color, so I didn't want to go TOO dark. ;)

Yes, it looks nice dark, too. I have at least three more of these to work on, though, and I might still add color, so I didn't want to go TOO dark. ;)

Is it regular pencil? if so, I'd advise against adding color. Color over lead pencil shading... Ick.

I do it all the time. I have very high quality colored pencils, which makes a huge difference. ;)

#2 lead pencil and colored pencils are very different beasts... Personally, I don't like them together.. I don't care if Rolls Royce made them. Of course, you do as you please... (Cuz you will anyways! :p ) ... just warn me so I don't look. Cuz if I do.. I'll cringe. :X

Do you have Prismacolor Black, Indigo, Tuscan Red or one of the Dark Browns? All of those produce a really nice range of tones... Using one of those initially might allow you to better use color if you decide to go that route.

Wow! That is wonderful. Dammit! I wish I had artistic talent...

Dark versus light. Makes the drawing "pop" better while emphasizing shadow areas...

EDIT: Example attached.

And as for this guy... :up: ... Show Off! :tongue:

Archived