13yr went to court to approve abortion

I saw on the news last night that a 13yr old girl went to court to have them approve her getting an abortion. I believe she's been a ward of the state for 4 years now.

Anyway. She got pregnant when she ran away from her foster home. BUT she told the court that she wants an abortion because of her age and lack of money to care for the child.

..............I don't know what is wrong with the world. It's scary out there.

I was watching one of those N geo specials where these african tribal ladies use herbs to keep from getting pregnant. It is seen as an secret spiritual practice kept only between the women. The men don't even know what plants are used.

I imagine that is what is wrong with the world, we don't live attune with nature anymore.

Go figure......

Either way.... I'm sorry to sound like I'm ranting but I hear enough of it off of Maury or from the general location I'm in. And I say the same thing..... "Your problem, you shoulda known. You fix it."

It's stuff like this that make me glad I DID pay attention in school and also it makes me glad to be the daughter of a probate officer. ;3

I was watching one of those N geo specials where these african tribal ladies use herbs to keep from getting pregnant.  It is seen as an secret spiritual practice kept only between the women.  The men don't even know what plants are used.

I imagine that is what is wrong with the world, we don't live attune with nature anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhh... technically, yes we do. Nothing humans do is unnatural -- it's just human. Our world is no less natural than a bird fashioning a nest from twigs and pieces of string, or a colony of wasps making a hive of their own paper.

Guest Megalicious

i was reading something about this in the paper ... and i think its horrible .. not that the girl wants to have an abortion .. because i strongly agree with the right for the girl to make her own choice as she sees fit ... its her body .. and i have mad issues with this subject ....

this is happening in florida .. first off .. florida doesnt even have a law to the parents right to be informed when a minor DOES have an aboriton ... let alone a consent law where the parent and or legal guardian has to consent to a girl under the age of 18 to even have the abortion done ... now the state is actting as the girls legal guardian of this 13 year old .. Now i ask you WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT to take this girl to court and force her to have a child she doesnt want .. its a right that not even any birth parent has a right to in florida ..... now if the law was different in that state i could see it ... but i think a parent ... a parent that loves there child and wants the best for them and is looking out for there best interest still shouldnt be able to make that choice for someone i dont care who old or young you are .. let alone some so called "STATE" that has no idea what is going on with this child that drags her from home to home filled with abusers and perverts and god knows what else .. i just think the state is trying to fix this so called problem so they dont look bad .. i think they should focus that energy on fixing other things .. such as the why this child is in this situation .. and how they can improve there foster care system so that another 13 year old doesnt have to go through this shit....

I agree with one of the statements above, she ran away and made this baby on her own. Now I didn't hear if she was raped or what, so I'm going on the idea of a troubled teen looking for love.

Looking at this situation, the parents probably do not give a crap about her well being, if they did I would think she wouldn't be pregnant at 13. But again that's my take on it. She's running away for a reason yes, but that reason is unknown also. Again maybe the parents don't care. OR she is just acting out for attention and in her mind this is the right way to get it.

I'm not so much upset at the abortion part, even though I don't like it. I'm more upset at the fact that the girl is 13 and shouldn't be going through this now, if ever.

Seeing this just proves that America's youth if not the worlds youth is going down the drain. Personally I think it's America's youth. I think we're turning into the Hickabilly of the world. lol :)

Archived