Artiface Clothing

Recently I ordered a corset and skirt from Artiface Clothing, and I was absolutely appalled at what I got.

The skirt didn't even have a zipper, buckles, velcro, or anything for you to actually get into it.

The corset was just an abomination, however. I paid extra for steel boning and asked that they add an extra inch to the bottom since I'm rather tall. Even with the "extra inch" it hardly comes below my waist and it is pictured to be a full length overbust corset.

Oh I know, Artifice Clothing is total crap. I've heard some horror stories about how cheaply made their shit is and how they're not good with dealing with customers.

Thanks for warning other people though :) Sorry 'bout your little misfortune, I get so crazy over fashion I would have gotten in my little yellow ass car, drove cross country to them, and SHOWED (not told) them where they could take their shoddy merchandise plus attitude and SHOVE it.

Make sure they know that they not only lost you as a customer but that you have access to a significant portion of the Detroit scene and are communicating your displeasure to us all.

Yeap, as a matter of fact, you should send them the link to this thread. That'll make 'em shit a big ol' hefty 5 lb brick.

I have let them know, I told them "Oh by the way I happen to be a rather popular fetish model as well as carrying my own clothing line, I would think I know what I'm talking about. I would at least hope that you could try to offer some sort of compromise here."

And I definitely intend to show them this thread. I cant believe they don't understand how important customer referrals are, especially in a small underground scene

Guest Megalicious

I will be sure to pass along the word to people I know on the Los Angeles scene. One in particular that tells all and is basically queen! (the sheep shall follow and not by their crappy product).

As for the company, if someone bothers to read this, you need to understand how small the goth/fetish scene is. Word travels fast. You may not see a direct effect but give it a year. You need to learn how to treat your customers, because with out them you are NOTHING. I hope your company survives to learn a lesson. (then again part of me doesn't because you are obviously ASS HATS when it come to customer service).

I have let them know, I told them "Oh by the way I happen to be a rather popular fetish model as well as carrying my own clothing line, I would think I know what I'm talking about. I would at least hope that you could try to offer some sort of compromise here."

And I definitely intend to show them this thread. I cant believe they don't understand how important customer referrals are, especially in a small underground scene

Did you pay via paypal?

If you did, you can dispute the transaction, and very possibly get your money back. They tend to favor the buyer over the seller. If you arrange through paypal to return the "not as described" merchandise MAKE SURE to get some sort of registered shipping or delivery confirmation or some proof of return, so they cant try to say you didnt return it.

Did you pay via paypal?

If you did, you can dispute the transaction, and very possibly get your money back. They tend to favor the buyer over the seller. If you arrange through paypal to return the "not as described" merchandise MAKE SURE to get some sort of registered shipping or delivery confirmation or some proof of return, so they cant try to say you didnt return it.

I second this. I got bungled in a similar way with a corset a few years ago. (Not sure if it was the same company or not.) and I did get my money back.

I only shop online because I don't know of any stores around here save hot topic and i'm not a fan. :X

But if anyone knows of anywhere near me [Ypsilanti] drop me a line for sure!

p.s. - I'll definitely be passing the word along to everyone I know not to use that site! That is total bullshit. I bought a corset a year or so ago from Heavy Red, they're not a bad site..I got exactly what I paid for, at least. And they sent me a bunch of stickers along with my purchase ^.^

I'm glad I read this, I've just started to peek on the internet for fetish clothes because I can't seem to find anything good locally. I have not been a huge fan of internet shopping, for fear of being ripped off. I have a feeling a lot of these small time companies don't warranty/guarantee their work/product. I'd hate to think that I'd spend $300+ for a corset and it comes to me looking like a $50 piece of crap I could have bought at some other place locally, or made myself (I can't even sew on my own buttons).

I will be sure to pass along the word to others not to buy from Artifice Clothing. Everyone is right, this is a very small, tightly knit community, and word travels REALLY fast. Especially this type of website where we have as of today 1871 registered users, and probably even more that have just lurked. Even if you only have a couple hundred active users/lurkers, those people know people, and those people know people, and it becomes a complex network of negativity/positivity that spreads like wildfire. I hope for the sake of this company they get their act together, both on product and customer service. If not, seems to me there isn't really much loss.

There's one thing that I've been noticing on goth sites.. we're very particular about quality, and our clothing.. We're not afraid to spend a great deal of money on our "recreational" activities, especially if it's good quality.

Thanks livinxtcgoth for giving us a heads up. :)

This is why I refuse to buy online... If the store's product is good enough, then they shouldn't have a problem selling it in an actual store instead of posting doctored up pictures of their cheap crap online.

I don't buy anything in stores because usually it's unoriginal, and being from Macomb County you know better than anyone there's no place to shop around here except dreaded HT.

Shopping online can be amazing, you get some seriously awesome deals (when you're getting direct you're not paying for things like store displays, workers, the store itself, store utilities, ect, you're paying directly for just the product and shipping) and also you can find more original stuff.

BUT...you are correct, sometimes the stuff ends up being crap. It's a buyer beware kind of situation, when you're in the cyber-goth scene you pretty much HAVE to shop online if you wanna wear clothes. Unless you're a nudist cyber-goth...then that kinda defeats the purpose of fashion altogether.

I'm forced to buy everything online due to the fact that you can't find this shit in stores anywhere (well maybe in places like NYC and LA, but definately not here in Detroit).

We're not afraid to spend a great deal of money on our "recreational" activities, especially if it's good quality.

EXACTLY...that's why I go through the best dealer in town, his shit is pricey but OMFG :p

Wait...oh shit, we're talking 'bout clothes, nm :whistle: HEY you're the one that said recreational activities...

Just to throw it out there, I'm a seamstress... ;)

I'm also a member of several corset communities on Livejournal. I have cross posted this post regharding Artiface Clothing, because most of the people in those forums are based in the goth / fetish scene. They are international memberships. Most people do post review of the items they buy too, so if you want, i will watch this post and if you tell me you are thinking of buying from someone online, I can tell you if there's been bad reviews on the LJ.

Artiface has had bad reviews. More than once.

i just went to their site, and it all looks like its cheaply made....

some things look neat, but i wouldn't buy it, simply because i can't trust that it would come to me looking the way it's advertised on the site. oh well.. and some of the prices... some of that shit better have some gold thread in it or something....

side note... quick edit isn't working... *scratches head*

I don't buy anything in stores because usually it's unoriginal, and being from Macomb County you know better than anyone there's no place to shop around here except dreaded HT.

Shopping online can be amazing, you get some seriously awesome deals (when you're getting direct you're not paying for things like store displays, workers, the store itself, store utilities, ect, you're paying directly for just the product and shipping) and also you can find more original stuff.

BUT...you are correct, sometimes the stuff ends up being crap. It's a buyer beware kind of situation, when you're in the cyber-goth scene you pretty much HAVE to shop online if you wanna wear clothes. Unless you're a nudist cyber-goth...then that kinda defeats the purpose of fashion altogether.

I'm forced to buy everything online due to the fact that you can't find this shit in stores anywhere (well maybe in places like NYC and LA, but definately not here in Detroit).

I agree. Unless you are someone who travels to bigger cities a lot, there's not much you can buy around here, and what little you could you can usually find cheaper online.

I like to order pieces here or there online that I can't find anywhere else, but I'd never order anything from a site that doesn't accept returns (which Artifice states on their website that they don't) unless it was something I'd already tried on in person.

oh and by the way, i sent a link to this thread to the company, to which they replied that i'm "unstable"

i buy a LOT of clothes and a lot of it naturally is online, since of course there isn't a huge fashion well to draw from around here...

i would say 9 out of every 10 items i buy is exactly as described

for those 10% that i'm not completely satisfied with, at least 9 out of 10 times either it wasn't a big enough difference for me to be that concerned about, or the company/person dealt with the situation very professionally and in the end i was satisfied

in the defense of e-tailers, a lot of them are great (in fact i sell a lot of stuff on ebay myself). just because you don't have a storefront or you sell stuff online as well as from your storefront, does not mean that you aren't a good retailer. especially in the goth scene, which is so small in many areas that it would be virtually impossible to make a profit with a storefront. i'm not trying to say that people shouldn't buy things online, i'm just giving a heads up for one e-tailer that should be steered sharply away from.

This is why I refuse to buy online... If the store's product is good enough, then they shouldn't have a problem selling it in an actual store instead of posting doctored up pictures of their cheap crap online.

1. Not every merchant can afford their own brick & mortar store.

2. Not every merchant is located in an area that can support specialty merchandise.

3. Online shopping without getting ripped off is a skill that can be learned like any other. I buy shitloads of stuff on eBay or elsewhere online... probably 90% of everything I wear (clothing, lingerie, jewelry, shoes, accessories). Out of over 1000 eBay purchases, I can remember less than ten times when I was unquestionably ripped off (not just didn't read the fine print carefully) with no remedy available (mostly before I started using PayPal). That's 99+% good experiences, which is pretty impressive in my book.

I dont buy clothes online except boots from demonia cause they take returns.

I have no waist and my legs are long for my body but I am short.

I HAVE to try things on thus...I have big tits and ass but am thin in the middle and short as fuck...NOTHING FITS excpet a girls size 14. As in KIDS.

Or some sears petites size 6 but its rare I find anything that doesn't look 'old ladyish'

~sigh~

I now sometimes shop in the boys dept. At Kohls.

They have a no return policy? Then I wouldn't buy it.

Archived