What Are Your Favorite Foods?

By far ... CHEESE!

super sharp cheddar is my FAV .. and any variation with cheez -- mac n cheese, grilled cheese, ...

(not so much cheezy poofs, tho)

I hate milk straight up tho, odd.

Don't feel odd ... I'm exactly the same way. I eat cheese on everything, but a glass of milk makes me sick for days.

Kimchee.. *grins*

Or pretty much any talk about going to a Korean Restaurant.

Indian food.. mmmm Curry!!! I also love those veggie samosas.. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GOOD chocolate.. (I'm picky.. I grew up on Godiva).

...I was telling my mom about how impatient my man got when that tornado hit...he wanted to leave the store and used this excuse to try to get me to calm down...but you want your chocolate dont you?

My mom said yup..chocolate is worth dying over.

Heh. She means it.

Funny thing no matter how much I eat I still want more.

salad

soup (varies)

sandwiches (also varies)

veggie sushi

pad thai

this bean thing i make (various beans, basalmic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, spices)

chick pea salad from trader joe's called balela

stir fry

cheese

fries

toasted honey oat bran bread (from trader joe's) with almond butter and raspberry preserves. i love this stuff lately.

• 2 months later...

Speaking of favorite foods, home-made chocolate pudding is one of mine. I'm about to divulge my recipe for THE BEST chocolate pudding you will ever eat. Use this recipe with caution, as it is amazingly simple, and absolutely sinful! Even a bachelor, or Lisa Douglas could make it! You may never go back to cook and serve, or instant!

My Killer Chocolate Pudding (perfect for a midnight sweet tooth!)

* 1/2 cup white sugar

* 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

* 1/4 cup cornstarch

* 1/8 teaspoon salt

* 2 3/4 cups milk

* 2 tablespoons margarine or butter

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

Stir together in a saucepan: sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk, until the mixture is mostly dissolved, with some foam at the top. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly (don't walk away from the stove, or you'll have a lumpy mess!), until the pudding is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Let cool for about ten minutes covered (unless you like pudding skin, as I do), and serve warm-- or you may chill it in the refrigerator in individual bowls (or one hog trough) for later serving.

A decent substitute for Phở is to bring nearly-cooked ramen noodles up to a boil in a small saucepan, throw in the seasoning packet (I generally use the Maruchan brand "roast beef" flavor ramen for this concoction), add some thinly-sliced raw chuck steak (which is cheap to buy and keep frozen individually for future use) or flank steak, and one slice of ginger (a finger of lemongrass is also nice if you have it around), cover tightly and remove from heat; let it steep for about one minute. Before serving, add your scallion, lime, and cilantro (or whatever else you fancy). I like to add a few dashes of hot sauce to mine, as well. :)

If there are no Vietnamese or Korean restaurants close by, this will do in a pinch to get rid of the craving. :)

Great thread!

I'm what is known as an adventurous eater, and will eat pretty much darn near anything. So I guess it is more of a question of what I *won't* eat & flat out do not like:

Squid/octopus

oysters/clams (although, I LOVE clam chowder soup because the clams are just tiny pieces so that's fine)

anchovies

puffer fish

Everything else is fair game depending on my mood and I have pretty much tried everything under the sun. :)

Some of my favorite foods, grouped by type, as they came to mind:

Meat--rare filet mignon (black & blue, actually), sashimi (haven't had any I didn't like yet), stewed kid (goat meat, but it's so fun to say), pan-seared tuna (raw in the middle), mahi mahi, lamb, BACON!, chicken hearts, chicken gizzards, chicken breast (let's just say I like the whole damn chicken), turkey, rabbit, turtle, alligator, venison, any kind of roast. Oh, and arthropods like lobster, crab, crawfish, shrimp, and prawn. Oh, and mussels, clams, oysters, too. Don't like anchovies, smelt, or headcheese.

Roasted lamb and wedding cake! Best combination ever. So very nice.

Cheese--all of them, especially sharp, bitey ones and delicate nutty ones. (I like my cheese like I like my people, I guess.)

Vegetables--dark, bitter greens (mustard, kale, spinach) and less bitter greens (lettuces, bok choy), cabbages and cabbage like foods, cooked (especially stewed) or raw, broccoli, green beans, legumes (all kinds), tomatoes (fruits, really), cucumber, okra, all kinds of squash!, eggplants, most root vegetables, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, but not cauliflower. I love the way asparagus tastes, but I hate the way it smells, especially when it is secreted later. Yech! Favorite veggie: brussel sprouts (despite the same smell factor as asparagus, idk why.) Like, but not favorites (tend to be too sweet): carrots, bell peppers. Like spicy peppers, but small tolerance, yet I kind of like the feel of my mucous membranes being frazzled and corroded.

Fruits--yes, most of them, in small quantities, especially berries and citrus.

Beverages--red wine, beer, COFFEE, tea, water, gin

Desserts--dark chocolates, cake w/o icing, ice creams (in small doses), red bean soup, Little Debbie, iced latte (no syrups, two tsps of sugar), gingerbread, ginger sorbet, peanut ginger chews, small chewy candies, steamed milk, black licorice

Breads--dark, crusty, chewy

Other--rice, gum

• Just about any kind of seafood but especially calamari (preferably fried tempura style), salmon (sockeye, not that silver crap), shrimp, and whitefish.
  • Sushi, esp. nigiri tuna, salmon, eel, and salmon roe
  • Lamb... chops, shanks, leg
  • Duck
  • Cherries. I can polish off truly embarrassing amounts.
  • Fried chicken
  • Ben & Jerry's ice cream (Turtle Soup, Cherry Garcia, Visualize Whirled Peace) and sorbet (Jamaican Me Crazy, Berried Treasure)
  • Peaches and nectarines (fresh and in season only, can't stand that Chilean rubbish)
  • Chocolate covered cashews or macadamias... and just plain
  • CHOCOLATE
  • Tom Kha Gai soup
  • Bacon (but only thick cut slab bacon with the rind on)
  • Beef tongue
Good food is second only to good sex in terms of bringing us close to the divine! Edited by pomba gira

Guest Megalicious

I would die for one of my grandmothers home made tortilla's right about now, or just perhaps some of her beans!!!

Mexican town food is good, but not as good as grandmas!

I would die for one of my grandmothers home made tortilla's right about now, or just perhaps some of her beans!!!

Mexican town food is good, but not as good as grandmas!

If you ever want good frijoles refritos or arroz, just head out this way! :) I learned to cook Mexicano from an old abuela, who was my next door neighbor in WV. I always fix large home-style spreads for my friend Jaime, when his family comes to visit from San Luis Potosi. They all get a big kick out of a jueda cooking authentic Mexican food! :hrhr:

Another one of my favorite foods is Paw Paw fruit. I hear they grow wild in Michigan, but I have yet to find any during my hikes!

Edited by jynxxxedangel

two things you should dedicate some of your life to consuming.

one is pure real elk meat. unless you get it from a reliable source don't waste your time.

you would'nt ever want beef again it's like going from steak to cat food. elk real elk holds the spirit of the wild in it like a ted nudgent song. it's a spiritual buzz you get, it makes you craven, powerfull.

the next is real gulf of mexico grouper. a fish more hearty then any steak. cought fresh in 85% tropical ocean these delecacies are rear and consider a trophy at any size. there are three or four species the gold is the sweetest. 4 out of 5 resteraunts will serve a substitute claiming it's real but it's chineese fake grouper.

once you get the real thing you'll never forget it. if you don't know what it is then you just don't know. like aferal child does,nt know language or spoken thought. it's like never seeing the color blue before.

the strange feeling you get from eating it is almost undescribable.

i like gator to it's o.k. i have not had shark yet but i'm looking foward to sampeling many exotic tropical species. it matters a great deal how they are prepared. fresh never frozen skin removed before cooking no bones in the meat. Sharks yearinate through there skin and when they die there bowels release. so you have to skin them within five minutes of there death. that could be precieved as an evolutionary defense mechanism designed to divert predetors.

i hear the shark is better then the grouper.

mmm I die for korean food. I was born with kimchee in my veins.. *sighs*

I love sushi.. YUM!! that stuff is like crack.. you can't get enough..

I absolutely love my bulgar wheat and my lentil salad.. YUM Carrot juice.. :drool:

And I love popcorn.. yummy!

I absolutely love my baked tostitoes and salsa.. yum!!