Magic: The Gathering

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I don't play anymore is that I don't know anyone around here that still plays, but if I ever had the chance to play again I certainly would. I have a lot of the older stuff, none of the original power cards though. I have some from the Dark, but mostly Revised/3rd addition to Mirage.

Yeah it seems theres two kinds of people in the world:

1. People have played magic in the past.

2. People that currently play magic.

The rest aren't really people. :gathering:

yay......... I'm a people? :cry

I..am..not....really...people... :cry

No you're a special PERSON!! People suck.. (nice people swallow)

omg OmG OMG!!! I played FNM and I didn't totally suck.. lol

Edited by hunhee

The only reason I don't play anymore is that I don't know anyone around here that still plays, but if I ever had the chance to play again I certainly would. I have a lot of the older stuff, none of the original power cards though. I have some from the Dark, but mostly Revised/3rd addition to Mirage.

I looked up where Morenci is... unfortunately that looks like a LONG haul to Garden City (where I usually play). /ponders

So, if I hold MTG informal style at my place what day woud be good?

At my rate, the hippie commune will just have people over everyday playing randomly. Just depends on if Mira likes to be around ppl that much.

Need a longish table (or a couple tables) that people can play across. Thursday seems to be the day that there are no "regular nights" going on. Almost every other night has some sort of club thing or some such. Not that it would matter that much, they can always bug out at like 10 if they need to.

There seems to be no mana cost to tap that ass.. *giggles*

Knowing me I'd cryptic command it, and put that ass back in your hand.. ;)

AND draw a card.. w00t!

Edited by hunhee

yay......... I'm a people? :cry

No you're a special PERSON!! People suck.. (nice people swallow)

omg OmG OMG!!! I played FNM and I didn't totally suck.. lol

Wait a minute, if People suck, and nice people swallow, and I am a special PERSON, what is it that I do? :whistle:

Wait a minute, if People suck, and nice people swallow, and I am a special PERSON, what is it that I do? :whistle:

hehe.. special people make sure the sucking and the swallowing are done with STYLE ;) and a perfect dismount .. :evil:

It seems picking a day won't be a problem.... I anticipate that every night will have either RPGs going on or MTG. Either way, there will always be someone to play with.

o0o0o let me know.. :drool

Edited by hunhee

Ive been playing alot more latley. I'm like this deck building savant. crazy tournameant style cluster decks. perfectly balanced multy purpose decks were every card exist as a possable combination for several others.

I have been kicked out of many a tourney and game hall in my youth for the evil i would abuse at the table. my battles were many and my victories are still talked about.

there are many a player who quite simply from the frustration of my challange.

I encourage everyone to play. to advance your skills to new levels. to think of new formulas to weave powerfull combinations. It builds charcature. to know and understand the inner workings of magic not just on a technical level but on a level of imagination. This will offer you a way to find victory were there is none. To see weaknes were there is none. to understand things no one else could. to fight and win againt those things that should only exist in imagination. it will make you an OG to fight theese battles. and when you watch a movie like harry potter or something you know if you were in it what you would do. You learn to recognize a water elemental and other various spells. you know how to kill the movie monster as soon as you see it while the charcatures in the movie and the other folks watching it have no idea. you learn to study an opponent. especially one who would keep two lands in his hand and play an armagedon. you get to be slick and learn to distenguish an impulse from a gut instinct. an impulse to do something will cost you a hand. an instinct is there in you all the time and never calls out to you it just is. you learn to fight in your nightmares while you sleep at night. you develope a skill, you'll do things unpredictable that you yourself could never explain your motive for. Those things will lead to the downfall of whatever opposes you, and it will never make sense not even to you till it's all said and done. then your training is complete. once you learn to let your self know without knowing and have fought enough battles. it will translate to real life. many aspects of reality are what we precieve. so increase your copacity to imagine and you will precieve things in a much broader sense.

Ive been playing alot more latley. I'm like this deck building savant. crazy tournameant style cluster decks. perfectly balanced multy purpose decks were every card exist as a possable combination for several others.

I have been kicked out of many a tourney and game hall in my youth for the evil i would abuse at the table. my battles were many and my victories are still talked about.

heh cute.. too bad you're in Florida.. I want more people to destroy.. err play.. :cry

Edited by hunhee

It seems picking a day won't be a problem.... I anticipate that every night will have either RPGs going on or MTG. Either way, there will always be someone to play with.

The trick there is to get the correct grouping of people and the day(s) organized somewhat. Only the occasional gamer-geek is up for both *random RPG name here* and MTG, unless its so casual it doesn't even really matter and might as well be checkers or some such.

Just sort of have to "declare" a day so people can plan ahead and keep doing it until a following develops. It always starts out slow.

The only kind of magic I personally am "really" up for (since im sick like 90% of the time and have to get up the energy) is at least some kind of standard (type II) with people that at least want to try and learn the real rules and make some attempt at winning/improving their play skill at least to some degree and are willing to make a "real" deck eventually. Its not much fun to just roll the opponents over and over and over again and they never really get any better.

I used to play as far as hobby card games:

Legend Of The 5 Rings

Lunch Money

Vampire

Netrunner...

Could never get into Magic The Gathering... people seemed to take it so seriously....

Lunch money is teh awesome!

So is Fluxx..... and theyve finally made expansions for that! :)

if anybody brings a stax deck. reanimater i can talorate. but stax can kiss my ass....and if i see one force of will i will shoot you.

Luckily the broken and pain in the ass combo decks that annoy people to death aren't an issue with modern type II they have the play testing much more tight nowadays.

That's one of the reasons playing a specific format and playing with a sideboard + best 2 of 3 games. (aka "real" magic) is good. Not much of an issue if someone pulls a deck that you don't like out their ass, if your side boarded against it its usually fine and you wont lose too often (due to luck) unless its just a horrible worst-case scenario match up.

Luckily the broken and pain in the ass combo decks that annoy people to death aren't an issue with modern type II they have the play testing much more tight nowadays.

That's one of the reasons playing a specific format and playing with a sideboard + best 2 of 3 games. (aka "real" magic) is good. Not much of an issue if someone pulls a deck that you don't like out their ass, if your side boarded against it its usually fine and you wont lose too often (due to luck) unless its just a horrible worst-case scenario match up.

ill play type 1.5 but 2 is a pain in the ass in that i dont want to fork over money every year or half a year when new sets come out

Even without having ever played Magic, I suspect I can outgeek most of you :p

I'm not a geek.. or a nerd.. :( I was rejected from those clubs.. :cry

So I am the president, not JUST a member.. of the geek/nerd fanclub.. hehe

Edited by hunhee