Store(s) You Remember From Your Youth That Are No Longer In Business

Miranda

Hardee's is still around too, just much reduced. There's a bunch down South, and I think there was one in Berkley, last time I drove through.

There's a Hardee's at the intersection of 9 Mile and John R in Hazel Park...true story. Right across from the Blockbuster, kiddy corner to La Casa Inn.

The first time I saw it I thought I was seeing shit.

Edited by Chernobyl

Has anyone mentioned Towne Club Soda outlets yet? You used to be able to buy soda by the case, mix and match, in GLASS bottles, from there. It was really cheap, from what I recall.

Yeah, my daddy used to buy that sometimes. As I recall, we loved the groovy wooden cases it came in, but the soda itself was just... adequate. Which I guess was why it was so cheap. He also used to go to this Faygo surplus store and buy all this really nasty Faygo- bizarre flavors they couldn't sell, mislabeled or half-full cans... they should've paid people to take that crap but my cheap-ass daddy used to buy tons of it.

I would LOVE to find one of those Towne Club cases.

And oh yeah... think the name of the Hawaiian-themed restaurant on the Boulevard was Mauna Loa. Really big fake palm trees & flaming tiki torches out front... sweeeeet!

Edited by pomba gira

Highland Appliance

Jack-N-the-Box (though they survived out west)

Van Beau's Costumes (Royal Oak on Woodward. Man that was a great place for a kid to see!)

Mel Farr Superstar Ford (car dealership)

Service Merchandise

• 3 years later...

It is but its kinda kinda naked. its not really so much a mall as a plaza. Tech plaza itself is super naked, but i love it my gamestop is there.

Wow the last time I was at Universal was in the mid 90's and it was pretty naked then too. So I thought it died off in the first part of this recession we are in.

Edited by eatdirt426

When I was little, Boshy took me shopping at Montgomery Ward at Gratiot and 15 Mile. The crater is still there fenced in from where the building was.

And when I was little, that strip mall (such a WEIRD strip mall for eastsiders that know where I'm talking about), also had a Woolworth's. We went to their going-out-of-business sale when I was little so Boshy could get me Star Fox. I remember being upset they were going out of business, even though I had never been there, because even as a seven year old I knew that a lot of little kids like I was were probably going to have poor parents for awhile.

Edited by Chernobyl

Hot and now burgers, In and out burgers and Top Hat burgers.

Hot 'n' Now is still around, there's one in Chesterfield Twp. I do miss the one at Gratiot and Utica, however. That closed down within the last decade, maybe even the past five years.

Hot 'n' Now is still around, there's one in Chesterfield Twp. I do miss the one at Gratiot and Utica, however. That closed down within the last decade, maybe even the past five years.

The one on 23 mile rd. is still there?