So where do you meet people?

Guest PumpkinPete

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PumpkinPete

Ok, so a gothy bowling league for...Elephantitus doods?

Well then, you came to the right place...Sign me up.

Ok, ok, I lie...I just have a small body, but I wanted to get in on the fun too.

Dammit.

c

Ok, so a gothy bowling league for...Elephantitus doods?

Well then, you came to the right place...Sign me up.

Ok, ok, I lie...I just have a small body, but I wanted to get in on the fun too.

Dammit.

c

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jump right on in Pete! Brenda likes 'em starting at six pounds, and as far as I know, the house balls range up to 16 pounders. She'll be so pleased with detroit area bowling!

I get hit on at the club, I get hit on at the mall, I get hit on at work, I get hit on everywhere. Its just a matter of saying yes to a date. Most of the time i would rather wack them to death with a wet noodle. But once in a while i actually get one that seems interesting and I say yes. Then they lose my number LOL.

I think a lot of my problem is just sheer frustration.

I am actually pretty good at doing the 'Hi there' thing at say, places I work, or even other places, but I just can't seem to get the gumption to approach a woman out at a club or something.

And believe me, I have been on the online dating tip for, wow, a while. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. It seems like when the sites all went pay it all sorta died.

I really do appreciate the suggestions though.

I think a lot of it is just getting over my own insecurity. And hell, I don't want to bug someone who is 1. not looking 2. not interested.

Which is silly, but is how I feel.

Part of that is that I realize women don't want to be hit on everywhere they go, and part is that, I can't tell if people are single or not at places like CC. And I don't dance so I feel all weird about walking up to someone and hitting on them.

Again, maybe if i try a place like CC alone and don't have to deal with my friends being there it will be easier.

thanks again

chris arrr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the worst that could happen if you walk up to a woman and ask her out? She could say no. That's it. You have a 50% chance of her saying yes. Provided of course, you don't use some lame ass pick up line or something along the lines of "wanna fuck?". If you use that last line, you're liable to get slapped or worse.

I get hit on at the club, I get hit on at the mall, I get hit on at work, I get hit on everywhere. Its just a matter of saying yes to a date.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah..I have the same problem...NOT. I couldn't get hit on by a train if I laid in the tracks! :doh

Guest PumpkinPete

See, I think I worry more about being one of the guys that should be hit with noodles.

And dammit, wer're in 2005 here, why don't women approach men?

Or maybe it IS me.

DAMMIT.

NOTE TO SELF - wash blood off of self before going 'babe hunting'.

rats

chris arrr

Guest MsMaldoror

I hear you on that note. It's always the ones you don't want to bother with who talk to you. But, I think it's like that for almost everyone.

I also find that just dancing near or with someone at a club can start some sparks. I'm more inclined to talk to men on the dance floor than at the bar at City Club. I like boys who can dance :happy: . Then, if he doesn't show interest, I can just casually turn around and keep dancing...

I get hit on at the club, I get hit on at the mall, I get hit on at work, I get hit on everywhere. Its just a matter of saying yes to a date. Most of the time i would rather wack them to death with a wet noodle. But once in a while i actually get one that seems interesting and I say yes. Then they lose my number LOL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the worst that could happen if you walk up to a woman and ask her out?  She could say no.  That's it.

Worse could happen. Besides, it's much more goth to think about all the worst-case scenarios.

...some lame ass pick up line or something along the lines of "wanna fuck?".  If you use that last line, you're liable to get slapped or worse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice boots?

Edited by JarodakaMister

Guest PumpkinPete

Eh, goth schmoth, it's just a matter of low self confidence.

But with any luck I will get over all this silliness and just move on.

Or make a love-bot.

c

"Meeting on thoes yucky spammy online dating places"

About 5-6 years ago my boss at Wayne County (then later at Ford) would preach the gospel of online dating to me, and i was pretty skeptical, then my friend chris started in on me... Im fairly convinced after years of seeing them go out with a never ending string of friendly women.

My ex boss was going out litterally 3-4 nights a week via the women he met from the various online dating things hes on. All these women were in the 60k+ , workaholic professioal types, which is what he was looking for. Maybe he just screams "sugar daddy" online, but as far as i know it was pretty easy for him. There was no "spam" problems, not on the pay sites he and my friend chis used.

His current fiance' is one he met from Lavalife (although he started out on there just dating everything that moved, kind of suprizing that hes "settling down").

My friend chris met his current wife on one of the various dating sites. (after the afore mentioned boss talked him into the gospel of online dating)

You can find out right away what they are looking for and if that meets up with what your looking for, in a way that is virtually impossible due to time constraints in "real life" , on the scale that it can be done online.

If they take the trouble to sign up for a dating service, pay for it, and list off what they are looking for, you can assume they are fairly serious and not just screwing around or being flirty for the sake of being flirty.

Now ask me if i ever answered an online personal ad... no i havent. hah

Guest PumpkinPete

As I mentioned earlier, I have done the online dating thing.

Via the old free Yahoo, Excite, or AOL sites, to Hot or Not, to the modern pay Yahoo, and now matchdoctor, gothic profiles, and gothic personals.

You see a lot of people who aren't serious about the ad, are just doing it for a kick.

But there are a lot of great, interesting people.

A lot of flakes.

A lot of drama queens, weirdos, freaks, and all around great people. HAHA.

To me, the pay sites now are

1. too damned expensive and

2. not worth the price.

And there is a point where people put an ad up and wait for their perfect match to come along when, well, there isn't such a person. There are just shades of gray and that's it.

If you're an introvert like me, or don't party or go clubbing, then online personals are salvation, but behind the ads ARE real people, their pasts and their drama, and in the end it's all about connection.

Or something like that.

c

I'm not a fan of online dating. There are unfortunately people out there that thrive on meeting new sex partners online even when they have someone so I frown on that. Maybe it works for others. Chalk it up to bad past experiances with women that would get into that stuff and keep those people within an instant message away from getting together with them. It's bullshit especially when someone your girlfriend met online and has had sex with pops up on messenger only to invite her over for sex, with you sitting right there........yea, that's a real turn on. Makes you wonder what's going on when you're not around :doh

Never again. =(

Its pretty easy to tell if someone is , or is not what your looking for, at least tentatively after a date or two, even if they initially gave a false impression. (yes some people can "fool" ya for much longer) The "online" aspect is just a tool. In terms of the cost, well, anything decent usually has a cost, payed by someone, unfortunately.

Not saying im an expert. Just saying that i know people that have had good luck with them. But these guys were serious about it and signed up for the pay sites, contacted the girls, talked to them first, figured out what exactly they were looking for, the moved on from there.

Me personally, im currently not boyfriend-worthy. Just speaking from an intellectual pursuit perspective at this point. :laughing

Guest PumpkinPete

Oh there are creeps out there for sure, though I think the online dating/IMing just makes it easier for these people to be bastards.

Saves them from getting off their asses and going to the bar.

And I am sure that the pay sites are different, but the thing is that on most you can put and ad up for free and a lot of women get around paying because as long as the guy is a member and initiates contact, they can converse. And so you still have people who put an ad up and never respond.

And that's fine if I am not their Prince Charming.

Go them.

But to not respond at all, or when someone says - you sound fun, hope you meet that special someone - is just tacky.

And hell, I am a weirdo, and there aren't a lot of us weirdos on the pay sites.

have a neat day

chris arrr