a brief bit of an introduction

Guest PumpkinPete

Hi there, just joined and wanted to say hullo.

May name's Chris, dorky writer living near Flint.

I am...31, tall, dark, and dorky.

I write - have a book of short stories published and am shopping a novel around - and review films for a small website.

Not necessarily 'goth' as much as just a dark weirdo with a love for the macabre, but hopefully I won't stand out too much here.

So...

nice to meet you, my name's Chris, and you are?

c

Guest PumpkinPete

Hi there to both of you.

Thanks.

And yeah, I am a writer. I was just in NYC for the World Horror Con and learned that, well, I'll never ,make a living as a writer, but that's ok. What do you write?

chris arrr

Guest PumpkinPete

Cool as hell.

My life is way to lame for a bio, but that's cool.

Do you write lyrics for your own work or for other people?

Take care

chris arrr

Howdy Pete,

Same age as me =)

Welcome.

SDGNWQPS ™ ©

the Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.5

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already.  We are just friendly, if a bit nosey.  :laughing

Current location?

Where from?

Work?

School?

Kids?

Married?

Single? 

Hobbies?

Other Stuff?

Threads of interest / biography nature:

How did you hear about DGN?

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?showtopic=1623

Where did your DGN name come from?:

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?showtopic=1148

If you live close enough or are ever in town you  may want to check out "DGN Night" on saturdays. (two pinned topics near the top, one for "whos going" the other for "who went last week?".

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of Polls:

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?showforum=16

And we can always use help finding new friendly people for the board, if you know any help us out and drag em on over.  :wink:

Guest PumpkinPete

Hello again all. Thanks for welcoming me. I dunno if I saw any of you at the gothy City Club night, but I was there, in a corner. haha.

Current location? Mount Morris, near Flint.

Where from? Linden, born in Flint.

Work? not so much. they closed where I worked so i work part time at a bookstore now.

School? BA.

Kids? nope. don't wany any either.

Married? god, i couldn't be MORE single.

Single? see above, or follow the trail of tears.

Hobbies? writing, movie reviewing, nerdiness.

Other Stuff?

Guest PumpkinPete

Well hello to you as well Ms. Sybil. Hopefully you are meeting some new people on here.

Hope, hope.

It seems this is an easier way to do it than to try to go to their club nights and intro yourself.

Have a neat day

chris arrr

hello hello

we are a friendly group and not scary at all out in the clubs..actually one of the most welcoming groups of people i have ever met

i know they all made me feel like an old friend the first time i met them.......it is at times hard to meet any of us in the club but one day it will happen....

keep an eye open for us and post some pics (so we all know what u look like) and i am sure on nite you will get a "hey arnt you on DGN?" and the rest will be history.

lilith

Guest PumpkinPete

Hey Tripp, I actually met you last night, in the mens room of all places, you were complimenting me on my mohawk.

I was at City Club last night, was with a couple friends but just don't feel comfortable there so I didn't really try to speak to anyone. Maybe I'll roll out there by myself next weekend.

Where did I go to school?

Lake Fenton community schools, in Fenton, then Mott and UM Flint in Flint.

Yay for nerds!

And thanks everyone for being so welcocming. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet many or all of you in the future.

And I hope you all had safe drives this weekend. I know driving back from the club last night was a nightmare. ACK!

chris arrr

Guest PumpkinPete

Hey yourself Jasmine. Glad you popped in here. Hopefully you meet some neato people and not any werewolves...unless that's your thing. haha.

c

Archived