a brief bit of an introduction

Hey there and welcome...

I'm 31 :grin hmmm feeling 81 today as my knee hurts. NO, unfortunately not from carpet burn but from dancing (I think).

I write poetry and worked on a novel but put that down after 15 pages lol. I have an idea for another story I'm trying to put together... but I'll probably give up on that as well. Poetry is so easy .... think I'll stick to that for a while.

anyway... welcome

taby :cat:

Guest PumpkinPete

Well, I hope you get back to that novel, if you were really passionate about it. I know all too well how easy it is to want to give up on writing.

I have said I would like, a thousand times, but still get back to it.

It's my one true love I suppose.

AND...for what it's worth, we are having an open mic night at the bookstore I work at in Flint May 28th.

And if not there, there are other places to post, or read your stuff.

If you love it, I hope you keep at it.

Er...

take care

chris arrr

I have told myself that many times but I always go back to it. I love to write as well. My parents introduced me to song writing and poetry when I was just a wee kitten :grin I don't think I could give up writing it's too therapeutic. Thanks for the words of encouragement =)

Cool as hell.

My life is way to lame for a bio, but that's cool.

Do you write lyrics for your own work or for other people?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I write for myself. Will be putting another band together soonish. If you care too you can find small portions of my book in the creations thread. It will either say sooth book or Sloan book.

Guest PumpkinPete

Cool Peas Sooth, I'll have to check it out.

And Taby - that's great that your folks were so encouraging. And great that your passion is so strong.

Whoot for you.

I get frustrated writing, wanting to get my work out there so badly and all, but I gave up the idea I'll make a living at writing, and want now just to do my thing and try to find a publisher who will get it to the people who will dig what I am doing.

Ok, enough Jibber-jabber.

Perhaps some day us weirdo writers on here can get together and be weird in person.

chris arrr

Guest PumpkinPete

YAY! Doom. Who said doom was a bad thing?

Doom, doom, doom.

As long as there isn't a crack in it, and I don't have to pay doom dues, I have no trouble with the doom.

Nope.

Not at all.

Uh...yeah.

c

Guest PumpkinPete

Bwahahaha, see you are falling prey to my devious plan to, er, uh...crap, I didn't have a plan.

It is a contagious song though.

You rock Troy.

Doom, doom, doom, doom...i love Gir, way more than the show I love Gir.

and hi there yourself Senay

chris arrr

Archived