War and Peace in the middle east

ad homonym? I'm not attacking you.

I was trying to point out the trap that logic is. I was attacking, if that is the correct word, the thought process leading to your conclusions, which is a valid argument when talking about ideals.

Look, everyone disagrees with you. Perhaps, you are the one having a hard time seeing the color of the sky.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The color of the sky is that security without community empowerment is pointless, just as community empowerment with out security is pointless.

I honestly don't understand why that is such a controversial statement. People have to be able to live in an environment where they can have some semblance of normalcy to thrive. It is a razor's edge, killing terrorists without creating new ones.

Indeed, why did it take you nearly an hour to post this? Hoping to have the last word, if only for the few hours until I wake?

I know enough about the situation in the middle east to know this: I DON'T KNOW...

I have not been there.

I have studied history and current events, but through the filter of what I can see in this country.

So for me to state what will and will not work makes no sense at all.

The color of the sky is that security without community empowerment is pointless, just as community empowerment with out security is pointless.

I honestly don't understand why that is such a controversial statement. People have to be able to live in an environment where they can have some semblance of normalcy to thrive. It is a razor's edge, killing terrorists without creating new ones.

Indeed, why did it take you nearly an hour to post this? Hoping to have the last word, if only for the few hours until I wake?

It took me an hour because I was doing other things... not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what drivel you posted next.

HA! An allusion to my supposed irrelevance in life, eh Steven? Ad hominems are easily dismissed by any 14 year old novice member of a debate team. When you are ready to actually attempt to counter any substantive point that is irrespective of my personal standing, go right ahead.

You know what Jack? you've actually have become boring at this point.

its almost 9 in the morning and I see that your STILL sticking your faux ivy league hairless chest out.

Theres nothing else for me to say to you that has not been said, so as you take those pretty little unscarred hands of yours furiosly type away - remember that it was you that cleared the room Rambo killer, not me.

It took me an hour because I was doing other things... not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what drivel you posted next.

no shit dude, I went to bed and found this very same "acknowledge me" tape is rolling in the morning. I bet this kid salivates as he types. and I suspect he lives at Mom's. and works at Ci Ci's pizza.

Indeed, you obviously are either unwilling or incapable of putting the crutch of ad hominems away, Steven. It really is telling, when you spout off about unscarred hands, Ci Ci's pizza, and hairless chests in the face of a request for a rebuttal of actual points.

What exactly compels you to continue to insult me? I suspect it is not anything that I have really done.

You all know I can see all this right? ;o)

:spank:kiss

There you go Odims.

It took a lot for me to do that, seeing as you're a little too:

tall, unbreasted, and male for me, but I admit there's just something about a man with a finger up his nose.

At least that's what I told Steven while I was shoveling his drive and baking cookies on my radiator for him.

You've never been there.

Seen what Odims and I have seen.

If you are so caring for the middle east, then tell the guy that tried to blow me up in July. Let him know I only ran over part of that IED. And now I suffer from a constant stutter, and short term memory loss.

I didn't know. :grouphug

It's hard to notice that stuff what with all the guys going up to kiss you and all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd respond to all this, but I realize that I need many more years of training by chatting in political message boards, before I can become an expert on this subject. :coffee:

I'm not going to get into all of this... but I know ttogreh and his intention isn't to be a jerk. He simply likes to debate. He's conceded the point to Candy and didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. His idea is simply that guns and bullets won't solve everything ... but he sometimes doesn't convey his messages as clearly as he should. ... war... peace... the middle east... unless you've been there ( and I have not ), I don't think you can really form a fully educated opinion ... Candy and Odims have been there... Candy twice. They've seen things and know things about the situation over there that none of us "civilians" could really understand...

so... let's not fight about it. :)

Ok, look...

I have come to realize that I am a little weird, and that my best efforts sometimes only make things worse. I never meant to insult Candy in any way, and I apologize for any pain or hurt that I have caused her. I responded poorly to Odims. That is regrettable. Fierce Critter was the victim of my really bad humor. What's funnier than suicide bombing, after all? I don't know what I should apologize to Chernobyl for, but I hope she has a really good day.

... Yeah, that's about it.

Archived