Things That No Longer Exist

Nevar

The microwave directions on the sides of Kraft Mac & Cheese boxes...damn I kinda need those directions right now...

<< doesn't eat a lot of microwaved mac and cheese.. *innocent whistle*

Boil about four cups of water in a medium sized bowl; then, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the noodles. Return to microwave, and cook on high for about 8 minutes. When most of the water is boiled out, drain the remaining water, add the butter and cheese packet. ;)

Edited by jynxxxedangel

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<< doesn't eat a lot of microwaved mac and cheese.. *innocent whistle*

Boil about four cups of water in a medium sized bowl; then, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the noodles. Return to microwave, and cook on high for about 8 minutes. When most of the water is boiled out, drain the remaining water, add the butter and cheese packet. ;)

Thanks for the directions but I still destroyed it...three tries and all I get is nasty paste...I can't seem to cook mid-grade food for some reason...

The Studebaker plant at John R and Piquette.

The Detroit Manufacturer's Railroad (ran through Rivertown) and the associated portions of the Penn Central south of Warren.

The Detroit Terminal Railroad.

A steam plant on Warren and Grand River.

Five of the Seven Sisters (I was there for the demolition)

Most of the buildings listed at http://www.buildingofdetroit.com

Leland City Club circa 2006 or 2007.

...? I'm at a loss, why would one need more than two clips per leg? That just means more fabric, less skin! :tongue:

You need more clips if you actually wear stockings as daywear rather than just boudoir wear... much more comfortable and secure, and keeps high-quality stockings from sagging.

And it's true, cheap plastic garter clips are an abomination before ErzulieFreda.

*bump*

I don't want to start a new thread over this, so I'm re-animating this one. Does anyone remember the name of the new wave/alternative/punk/whatever club that was on Telegraph @ I-96 back in the day? It was in a strip mall east of Tele and north of 96. Kraftwerk played there, as did the Ramones. thx!

#@!

It was Nitro, jackass!

why?

Well, they say that we distract from the game and disrupt the view of the fans. Also, we make more off of the products, which isn't really much, than the stands in the halls do. So they are opening more stands that will be run by minimum wage workers and non-profit organizations and will get tid of vendors.

We used to show up and sell long before the game began and now we cannot start selling until the start of the first inning. Also, we cannot go down into the crowd if there is any action on the field...and we are limited to how many items we sell to each customer. The same thing is happening at many other stadiums.

The forest that I used to hang out at when I was a kid.

The farming community that I grew up at. They sold out to fucking condos and industrial parks. Which a lot are vacant thanks to our economy. What a waste of good land.

I recently took a ride around the White Lake/Union Lake area, where I spent many of my formative years. I barely knew where I was, at one point-- I was actually lost for a moment, as most of the old landmarks are gone.

The same thing you described, has happened to my little slice of childhood, and it's sickening. It bothers me so much, I don't think I will ever be able to pass through that way again. Those places will survive forever in my mind, just as they were. I hope those greedy bastards fall into our underground forts, while clearing out the trees. :evil:

Glad I'm leaving soon, for a place unspoiled by its progress. A hundred shades of green, mountains, and the ocean nearby, await me.

Edited by jynxxxedangel