Ok, confirmation code problem resolved, I am successfully registered. Used to be "obsequious", but since I can use my actual name here, I've dumped the "internet handle", as I hate those things. Some people actually call me "obsequious" when they see me out. *gasp*

Hiya Daniel (do you go by Dan / Danny or prefer "Daniel"?)

Probably a good online name switch especially if your not shy or dont mind being "known"(some people, for whatever reason just want to be anonymous). Myself i always think working at least a first name into a "handle" is helpful when its someplace where you might meet the people in real life, then they dont have to guess if they should call you by our "online name" or your "real name". It gets confusing, especially for people that dont remember names all that well to begin with.

Glad you like this board better than EZ board. It has a few hiccups here and there but overall its lightyears ahead of ezboard.

Hiya Daniel (do you go by Dan / Danny or prefer "Daniel"?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Daniel. I let people slide on "Dan", but move to physical assault over "Danny".

I'm always kind of amazed at how many people automatically assume it is ok to just shorten my name to "Dan". I guess it is cool to do this to some people, but not others. I'd imagine a lot of people don't just call you "Tro". But, Daniel is ok to shorten automatically. Not that it really bugs me, but I am curious to know how these things are decided by people so spontaniously.

Well troy is only 1 syllable so its hard to shorten. Most 2+ syllable names have 1+ syllable equivalents , that at least nowadays seems to be the norm to automatically shorten. (not sure why) What people do with my name is LENGTHEN it and call me Troy Boy or some other construction. I used to get irritated with people playing games with my name (we are talking 10+ years ago) , but there is so much other stuff in the world to get irritated about that someone saying my name differently than i would like is the least of my worries. Hell some people are born and live their whole lives in poverty and grow up in a dirt hut. Someone calling me "Mr. T" is a hardship i'll live with gladly by comparision. :tongue:

Ok, confirmation code problem resolved, I am successfully registered. Used to be "obsequious", but since I can use my actual name here, I've dumped the "internet handle", as I hate those things.  Some people actually call me "obsequious" when they see me out. *gasp*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to see you here Daniel. Welcome!

Archived