I'm working on a universal embedded player for DGN Radio and am going to need some fairly extensive testing along the way. Universal Embedded means basically you just click play, and it plays with no need to pick a player type, or worry about what operating system your using. This gobbles up a lot more hours to get this dang thing working than you might think. This here is just "test one".

Please Click Below:

testme.gif

Then , press play and let it run as long as you can. It will open a new window so you can browse the web and keep it running.

dgnradio.php

1. Does It Work?

2. Any Errors?

3. What OS are you using? (Windows XP, Vista, Mac etc)

4. How long did you let it run? (im concerned it might bomb out on many systems after about 20 mins)

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

I'm especially concerned about Mac users and people with older computers.

dgnradio.php

Please note: DGN RADIO will be going offline indefinetly by mid June the end of unless donations pick up significantly.

We regularly come up approximately $20-$25 short every month. Once DGNs overall activity level picks up we may re-visit bringing DGN Radio back online some time in the future.

1. Does It Work? Yes.

2. Any Errors? So far no.

3. What OS are you using? Windows XP

4. Any other commentary you might want to throw in.- It seems you figured it out!! AWESOME!!

I figured out the rudiments of it. This thing is definitely not ready for prime time yet. This little piece of it needs tons of testing before i can even move on to the next few steps.

1. Does It Work? Yes.

2. Any Errors? So far no.

3. What OS are you using? Windows XP

4. Any other commentary you might want to throw in. I would love to see the names of the artist and song.

Great Job Troy, Thanks

working great for me so far.... sounds a lot better than when i stream it on itunes. and i agree with sb... you could link that old banner, right, where it said the title and artist?

Yeah the streaming titles and such is doable, it just takes a few more steps to get it working properly. The "hard" part is just getting the stream to work for a wide range of users without them having to pick a certain player.

I think DGN Radio is going to go on hold for awhile after this months (already paid) hosting/streaming fees run out. It has never really paid for itself, and only a small handful of users actually use it. Maybe once i get the old-school promotions engine for DGN running again, and DGN in general is a more active board putting it back online will be justified. Right now the cost-to-benefit ratio just isn't working out.

Right now the cost-to-benefit ratio just isn't working out.

I'm currently taking an economics course for my MBA and I actually understand all of what you're talking about. It's a shame to see something so cool be put on hold but I totally agree with your marginal analysis.