That's what I've been using for years. Until about a year ago I split off into individual programs for a few reasons but now I'm back to Trillian. Although I got used to all the emoticons in the individual programs so now I'm trying to relearn all the ones Trillian has.

I used trillian years ago, and was fairly satisfied with it, even through its problems. Like Marc, after moving over to a Mac, I had to find an alternative. I've been using Fire but it's only so/so on usability.

Marc, you should let me know how you feel about Adium.

Mac users. Omg get thee behind me satan. *hides*

I was once a follower of the dark side of the mac-cult , but i left the cult in the early 90s. Dont make me go back noooooooooo!

"i don't care that more than more than half of all software that exists doesn't work on macs... Mac is cute , cheaper and "easy to use"' (because windows is rocket science)

Is the mark of a cultist! Beware!! Look for the little horns on that worm ridden apple!! :shock:

I used trillian years ago, and was fairly satisfied with it, even through its problems. Like Marc, after moving over to a Mac, I had to find an alternative. I've been using Fire but it's only so/so on usability.

Marc, you should let me know how you feel about Adium.

Seems to work fine. I miss the little notice when the other user is typing, and I have minor issues with the friends/buddies list. (Only people online show up... it seems)

Mac users. Omg get thee behind me satan. *hides*

I was once a follower of the dark side of the mac-cult , but i left the cult in the early 90s. Dont make me go back noooooooooo!

"i don't care that more than more than half of all software that exists doesn't work on macs... Mac is cute , cheaper and "easy to use"' (because windows is rocket science)

Is the mark of a cultist! Beware!! Look for the little horns on that worm ridden apple!! :shock:

Chill dude. I'll put my Apple branding iron away around you. :sorcerer:

Except that Mac is not cheaper. I used to have a Mac and when it came that time that I needed a new computer, I just couldn't afford any of the Macs I wanted so I ended up getting a DOS box that had better specs and was cheaper.

Except that Mac is not cheaper. I used to have a Mac and when it came that time that I needed a new computer, I just couldn't afford any of the Macs I wanted so I ended up getting a DOS box that had better specs and was cheaper.

Mac's were rarely ever cheap. Until now. And a home-built box will almost always be cheaper then a name brand computer. On the other hand, there's no warranty, etc....

Except that Mac is not cheaper.

That is true. My MacBook was more expensive than a comparable Windows based machine. I priced them both ... but as far as reliability ... I went through 4 Windows based laptops in 4 years. I was willing to give Mac a try. I'm glad I did.

Trillian is coming out with a new version of their mashup-IM client (someday) called Astra. There's a little video about it on their site at trillian.cc and it's gorgeous. A friend of mine even gave me a copy of the beta, but I haven't had the guts to install it to try it out yet.

I bought into Trillain (gave them money) after I'd spent a few years using it. I do like it a lot. My only major gripe right now is that the GoogleIM broke. However, the newest version seems to have solved that... Also, I had to give them money to get JABBER to work (for Google.)

Didn't mind, though, I do love their client enough to want to support it.