Now Reading... (or Recently Finished)

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I have yet to read all of "Ada or Ardor." My brother keeps getting on my case to read it.

I have actually only read one by him.....such a poseur. haha

Now I am reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein as well as my Murakami Ryu. You can always tell looking at the books I mention which I read at home and which I read at work in between projects when I have no work to do. The ones that are hundreds of years old? Yeah. Gutenberg project for the win. I can't really get away with sitting here with a book open, but text on a screen? Looks pretty natural. XD Thank god for the internets. Anyway it's pretty awesome. I've never actually read it before. I love reading oooold "gothic literature". So far I've read Stoker's Dracula and Walpole's Castle of Otranto. In addition to a buttload of Oscar Wilde, but I love me some Wilde.

Guest greyhalo

I have actually only read one by him.....such a poseur. haha

Now I am reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein as well as my Murakami Ryu. You can always tell looking at the books I mention which I read at home and which I read at work in between projects when I have no work to do. The ones that are hundreds of years old? Yeah. Gutenberg project for the win. I can't really get away with sitting here with a book open, but text on a screen? Looks pretty natural. XD Thank god for the internets. Anyway it's pretty awesome. I've never actually read it before. I love reading oooold "gothic literature". So far I've read Stoker's Dracula and Walpole's Castle of Otranto. In addition to a buttload of Oscar Wilde, but I love me some Wilde.

"Frankenstein" is incredible. It was basically the first popular Sci-Fi novel (published in 1818).

Guest greyhalo

I finally bought a copy of Dee Dee Ramone's "Chelsea Horror Hotel." It's a very warped but funny book. I'm not even a big Ramone's fan, but I've been fascinated by the history of the Chelsea Hotel in NY for years.

'Cry to Heaven', Anne Rice. Again lol. I've read all her novels.

I know she's really popular among the younger teen vampire wannabes, but aside from her vampire chronicles she's really a beautiful writer. And even so I've enjoyed her blood-drenched works. It's a shame when so many people skirt from her books just because she's the most successful vampire novelist of modern times and they want to be nonconformist... a true shame.

Also reading Stiff: The Curious Lives of Cadavers, by Mary Roach, when I'm in the mood for more light, unattached reading. Again. It's hilarious, highly reccommended for those interested in mortuary science.

I'm about to pick up, dust off, and read again:

[b]"How To Ruin America," by Ben Stein and Phil Demuth.

It's the best $15.00 I ever spent on a book. I strongly suggest reading it my friends It outlines the major issues America faces in it's struggle to move into the 2000s as a world power. It also provides a tremendous insight into why we are struggling as a society today. :book:

Edited by TomCat

urban dictionary def for rimshot

4. rimshot 23 up, 66 down

a term for ejaculation into a vagina but like in basketball, netball etc. Your shot goes in off the rim

(MR J) "I did the most amazing rimshot the other night, got it on video and everthing"

(Everyone else) "Seriously dude stop raping people"

rimshot rim raping basketball shot

by Alex Halsall Jan 2, 2008 share this add comment

5. Rimshot 145 up, 186 down

ejaculating directly on the rim of the anal cavity

I gave that chick a rimshot.

by anonymous Jun 11, 2003 share this add comment

6. Rimshot 9 up, 77 down

A dog that has little or no value to it's owners, also Earnest's dog from the Earnest's movie series.

I would have came inside of you Gnall but rimshot licked my balls said Dave Pacioni aka the Pac-man.

Guest greyhalo

Finished Frankenstein. That was pretty awesome.

I do believe that next I may read Polidori's Vampyre. But I don't think I'll have time today so who knows what I'll feel like Monday or the next time I have free time at work.

It's more like a short story, so it won't take you long to read it. Have you read "The Castle of Otranto" by Horace Walpole? It's considered the "first gothic novel."

Hume! How fun.

lol, it's decent... I tried to read it long ago but didn't have the spare time to truly dedicate myself to understanding. Now that I'm taking Philosophy though and it's our first reading assignment, I really have no choice but to understand. There will be much similar literature in the coming weeks.