Now Reading... (or Recently Finished)

Recently Finished The first 3 books in the Rapsody Trilogy,

They are good if a bit... 'girly romantic' in places. The general jist is that there are 3 people who struggle to save the world from a fire death at the hands of fire gods called fedore, which are the pure embodiment of flame.

Well written, good story line, through the main characters all too often do really stupid things, and the characters sometimes aren't really true to the writing. For example, when you first meet one of the main characters she's this badd ass, street smart prostitute... then by the end of the book she's adopted every child she meets as her grand child, and she's just absolutely unbearably 'Buttercup' (Think the princess from the princess bride). It's annoying.

I loved the series, though not for many of the main characters.

Currently Reading 'The Great Hunt' The second book in the Wheel of time series.

Umm... It's long, drawn out, and sometimes really boreing, but the story is very cool once you choke it all down.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the Bible alot. I have alot of knowledge about New Testament and Jesus Christ, but I really need to brush up on old testament. I also read cnn.com news also and here in Michigan for those not in our state or country I read www.freep.com our local newspaper online. I like to stay up on news.

$$

I have nothing to do, and I said I would come on here and talk...but I didn't know what to say until now. I frickin' love to read, so here is what I am reading (epic right?):

1.) The Omnivore's Dilemma

2.) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

3.) Blood of the Fold (Book 3 of The Sword of Truth)

(yes, I am reading 3 books at once-and no I don't normally do that)

Guest greyhalo

I just started reading "The Unshapely Things" by Mark Del Franco. It's the first book in the "Connor Grey" series. He's kind of like Harry Dresden, but he's a Druid instead of an urban wizard.

I am now about to start Dead Lucky -- Life After Death on Mount Everest by Lincoln Hall. It's an adventure narrative about Hall, who is this Aussie dude who was pronounced dead by his Sherpa after being unresponsive for several hours somewhere between the summit and camp 4 during the 96 Everest disaster. The next day, he stumbled into camp 4 during a blizzard heavily frostbitten but alive, and managed to survive. I am so addicted to books about the 96 Everest disaster.

Edited by Burrich1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently read Chuck Palahniuk's Diary. First time I've read him. It was most excellent. I love this Stendhal Syndrome. It speaks very loudly to me, because I get like that a lot - I'm very affected by things. Mostly dancing and stage shows more than pictorial art, although sometimes that too. Good art makes me...I cannot describe it in words. But this describes it pretty well (not the book, the idea/syndrome/whatever).

Now reading Murakami Haruki's Birthday Stories..meant to read this over my birthday but forgot. Oops. Some good ones so far. It's actually just a collection of short stories by other authors, mostly American/western, that he collected and wrote intros for. Still, some good ones.

...Also recently reread all of Mayu Shinjo's Kaikan Phrase...but y'all didn't need to know that. It's just good bedtime stories / "I don't want to think so let's read the dumbest possible thing on our shelves, shall we" reading. (笑)

Guest greyhalo

I'm reading, "The biography of Ayn Rand", "When You Are Engulfed In Flames" by David Sedari" and re-reading "Watchmen" for the movie...

Reading is fun.

"The Watchmen" is great! I haven't read it in years. I just started reading "The Stories of Vladimir Nabokov."