Now Reading... (or Recently Finished)

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Megalicious

Nothing, I have finished everything I checked out from the library.

Any good suggestions???? (Please :whistle: )

Edited by Megalicious

Nothing, I have finished everything I checked out from the library.

Any good suggestions???? (Please :whistle: )

Depends on what you're into.

For sci/fi I like Orson Scott Card and William Gibson.

For fantasy I like Robin Hobb, C.S. Friedman, and George R. R. Martin.

I found an old copy of "Service Etiquette" from '67 recently that was quaint and fun.

For poetry, I love Dylan Thomas.

The CIA World Factbook has helped me sleep better than whiskey ever has!

I recently finished the Black Jewels Trilogy and was enthralled.

How's that for a few suggestions?

I am currently reading Blood and Gold from the Vampire Chronicles written by Anne Rice :peanutbutterjellytime::happydance:peanutbutterjellytime:

That was one of my absolute favorites of the vampire chronicles...I love Marius. Besides Lestat, he is my favorite character in any of her books.

I am reading The Claming of Sleeping Beauty by Mrs. Rice at this time and can I just say WOW!

That was one of my absolute favorites of the vampire chronicles...I love Marius. Besides Lestat, he is my favorite character in any of her books.

I am reading The Claming of Sleeping Beauty by Mrs. Rice at this time and can I just say WOW!

mmm....yummy! I never got around to reading the third one, though...

Guest greyhalo

I just read "A Paintbrush in the Devil's Toolbox" by Whitney Lakin, an old friend of mine. I also just picked up her latest book--"Mutiny in Heaven." She's a horror author who is originally from the Detroit area and now lives in New Orleans.

Aside from the usual mags I read (New Scientist, Scientific American, Scientific American Mind, Skeptic, Skeptical Inquirer, not much of a trend there) I am slowly coursing my way through Dawkins' God Delusion and Bert Ehrman's Misquoting Jesus.

re Dawkins... its definitely preaching to the choir. And he dips into the emotional name calling a bit too often (he seems to lack compassion or empathy for theists) but he does offer a good book detailing the dominate arguments used by theists and the standard counters offered by atheists. Good to read for both sides if you are not familiar with the standard fair on the religious battlefield.

Misquoting Jesus is an excellent book detailing the troubles of determining what the bible actually is supposed to say. With all the hands it has passed through its not just a matter of mistakes creeping in via editors. A lot of times changes are made deliberately in order to bring the text more into view with the particular editors view of things. Ehrman first explains the basics of textual criticism and then takes the reader on a tour of some of the more interesting finds via ancient manuscripts we have come to find.

Guest Megalicious

I have decided to read The Sandman series again (comics,graphic novels call them what you will). I just finished Preludes and Nocturnes, I am about to head out to pick up The Doll's house.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...