• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stephen king

everything's Eventual

Last short story's book

brilliant! :cool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Finished Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z Brite...

in the middle of Lost Souls by Poppy Z Brite

Great reads!!!!!

Edited by brise

• 2 weeks later...

Marquise De Sade~Juliette

This book was originally published with the more fully developed, 10 volume edition of Justine. It's Sade at his outrageous best and extremly raw compared to the novellas I had been reading by him-it's more in the spirit of Philosophy In the Bedroom or 120 days of Sodom; It's obvious that when he wrote this, through his time in Charenton insane assylum, his times of sickness from cold or starvation before and his time in various prisons he no longer found a need for censorship. He had several points to make and would write them however best possible. Within a few pages of the begining, there is a several pages dialogue of group lesbian sex between a nun of 29 and two convent girls of 15 and 13, including sodomy and a description of two dildos by their specialties.

The theme of the story is of course, the the unreality and fantasy of morals. Sade illustates that ethics are merely learned behaviors and therefore unnatural. He points out that there are no absolute rights or wrongs, inquiring how an action seen as respectfull in one place is considered rude in another, suggesting that if it is only latitude and longitude that govern the behavior of humanity then the idea decency is worthless.

I want a Marquis De Sade bumper sticker for my car.

- The Assassin's Cloak: An Anthology of the World's Greatest Diarists

- Gulag – A History by Anne Applebaum

are on order from Amazon, I can't wait to get them! *happy dance*

I just finished:

Eragon by Christopher Paolini ..I must now pick up book 2!

The Food of Italy by Waverly Root ...great read examining the etomolgy *so to speak* of food in Italy region by region starting with the Etruscans.

• 2 weeks later...

Once I finished 1984, I seriously had to start examining our government for doublethink. Of course, that's like examining a big tree for birds: easy to spot, if you step back a little.

I just finished reading Alas, Babylon, by Pat Frank. From my sources, I'm told that it was pretty much the first "post-apocalyptic nuclear war future" novel to be written. It was published back in 1959, and it's interesting to see the predictions Frank makes. It was obvious that Frank had given it a lot of thought, and also surprising to see what some of the survival challenges might be. Most interesting though, is his prediction that racial discrimination would cease to exist, of necessity, in a world wracked by nuclear war. Sort of a harbinger of the Civil Rights Movement.

I am now just starting on Social Psychology of Modern Japan. I'll be intrigued to see where the data lead.

i need something new to read, lately ive been downloading short stories off the net ive just finished one called "the vampyre" by john william polidori that was pretty good and another that made me smile was "the lottery" by shirly jackson next i wanna get clive barkers "books of blood" they look worth a peek

i need something new to read, lately ive been downloading short stories off the net ive just finished one called "the vampyre" by john william polidori that was pretty good and another that made me smile was "the lottery" by shirly jackson next i wanna get clive barkers "books of blood" they look worth a peek

Books of blood are sweet... I love Clive....

Guest Game of Chance

Sex and Rockets - The Occult World of Jack Parsons

biography of a guy who invented the rocket fuel that NASA used to send spacecraft to the moon, and was also 2nd in command of the Ordo Templi Orientis (a masonic organization once headed up by Aleister Crowley)

Lovecraft is awesome...Im sure I've read every short story several times at least

"I have seen the dark universe yawning

Where the black planets roll without aim,

Where they roll in their horror unheeded,

Without knowledge or lustre or name."

Hell yeah!!!

Author: Laurell K. Hamilton

Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel Series.

It is amazing. Keeps me going back for more.

There is about 11 books in the series.

Start with Guilty Pleasures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, I was handed that book (guilty pleasures) and haven't tried it yet, are they numbered for people like me who are new to them? I hate going out of order in a large series because I was going to start that one when I wake up.