Recomendations

SpidersMoment

So i've come to the conclusion after a long and painful venture into attemping to make a mixed cd, that all my bands either suck or dont fit in with my mood.

I dont quite know what it is that i want in a band. Something Goth Rock-y-ish i guess

Maybe a mixture of HIM, My Ruin, Jack off jill, with a bit of "old school" nirvana i dont know.

Just throw some bands at me and i'll check them out Please

I dont quite know what it is that i want in a band. Something Goth Rock-y-ish i guess

Maybe a mixture of HIM, My Ruin, Jack off jill, with a bit of "old school" nirvana i dont know. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds good. I'll have what she's having.

(Sorry I'm no help. I'm looking for something interesting and new also).

Rosetta Stone, The Mission, The Fields of the Nephilim, Clan of Xymox

Sisters of Mercy was mentioned but not the sideprojects The Sisterhood or The Merry Thoughts

If you want more of a rock edge check out Beseech, To/Die/For, The Birthday Massecre (sp? and I also HIGHLY recommend it).

Actually you're welcome to come over (either to my house or Mephisto's, don't matter) and hang out, I'll just start playing random stuff and you can just tell me when you hear something that catches your ear.

Oh god, also, you must hear and you must love (if you don't already):

The Birthday Party.

That band is so good.

And if you like that, you might as well follow it up by checking out the band they became after they broke up, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

Yay.

Oh wait, and also, you could check out Einstürzende Neubauten. The singer of that band used to be a guitarist in the Bad Seeds. Plus, he's one of the coolest people who ever walked this planet.

I think we need to know other bands you like, so we don't piss you off by suggesting those.

Rosetta Stone, The Mission, The Fields of the Nephilim, Clan of Xymox

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I finally got a chance to check out some of the music suggested in this thread. Clan of Xymox is a good one and one that I would recommend myself based on my (so far) limited exposure.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will check them all out.

as some of you have asked. All the other bands that i like dont really matter. Since they are most likely not the genre that im looking for in a new band.

but i'll tell you anyways.

Placebo, Silverchair, Cold, Zeromancer, kittie, staind, tool, a perfect circle, Orgy. and i'm getting into the 'Glam rock' genre a little bit as well.

Well this really just depends on what your deffinition of goth (oh god not again) is. I considder Black Sabbath to be one of the first goth rock bands in existance because I really can't think of anything before that except for some blues/country songs (and whats more depressing than that)? I actually plan on playing some of them on vinyl this week at the club :) I haven't heard the original Sabbath Bloody Sabbath in years (FAR too long).

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will check them all out.

as some of you have asked. All the other bands that i like dont really matter. Since they are most likely not the genre that im looking for in a new band.

but i'll tell you anyways.

Placebo, Silverchair, Cold, Zeromancer, kittie, staind, tool, a perfect circle, Orgy. and i'm getting into the 'Glam rock' genre a little bit as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try Roxy Music. Who cares if it's not "goth," it will rule you. Bryan Ferry is such a wonderful performer, and he can write some damned good lyrics, too.

Try Roxy Music. Who cares if it's not "goth," it will rule you. Bryan Ferry is such a wonderful performer, and he can write some damned good lyrics, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then don't forget Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, The Violent Femms, Lou Reed and The Velvet Underground, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Tom Waits, Jill Tracy

Some of them are actually "goth" too (or so I'm told).

Archived